Disc drive Error, believed to be the motherboard?

mathwiz1697

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings everyone,

I am trying to fix my old wii, after years of collecting dust, and i have run into the infamous "an error has occurred screen" on two separate disc drives.

A few things to be clear:

I've checked all my connections, and they appear stable. The drive appears to recognize the disk and spin up. Here is where things get weird.

Like I said, the drive will take the disc and spin up and try to read the disc. After about 17 seconds on the dot, the drive powers down and I get the 'an error has occurred error" (on a black background) Should I boot the wii up with the disc already inserted, and wait, it will crash before getting to the system menu.

Furthermore, I can load a virtual console title, and it will load. After about a minute, give or take, the video cuts outs, almost like a short, and the disc drive makes an ejection noise.

Finally, when I boot the wii with no game disc inserted, it makes the ejection noise, almost like there is an objection when none exists. This is consistent across bootups.

The icing on top of the cake is that ill try to load a game via USB loader GX, and it will try to load it, before crashing with the same "an error has occurred" message (this time on a white background).

Any advice would be very helpful, I am at my wits end!
Post automatically merged:

Video of the virtual console Crash

Video of the "ejection noise" on bootup

Last edited by mathwiz1697,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: DO THE MATH!!! lol