Hacking Disney Dreamlight Valley: Premium Items....

HinaNaru Cutie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I noticed that when dreamlight valley has those updates that involve like friendship day..you gotta be online if I am correct? To get the premium items..which shouldn't be a thing at all, it should also apply to offline players since they did make it clear that we can get the items offline as well but in a different manner, suppose they went back on their own words.
Anyway, I was wondering if there is a way to get said items while being offline..like a program or a save editor??? For we can get the stuff too cause from what I noticed when you are going to the premium area or shop whatever it is, you can get the items with regular in game money not just the other option of giving them your money...if I am correct here..

So if anybody has found a way to make it possible it would be nice cause I really wanna get the items off of the premium shop, another thing I just remembered is that when crash team racing for the switch released, there were cheat codes but within those cheat codes was the ability to get all the premium shop online items unlocked..so if I can be done with this game but in cheat form it will be great too..but that's if it can be done?

Reactions: SammyNogard

Primillirose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
excuse me is it possible to show a mini tutorial by screenshot on how this is done? if you know or know if anybody has made a video or post show casing on how to do this
I don't have a modded switch, so I wouldn't be able to show this, but there are plenty of videos on youtube of folks using save editors/injectors with custom firmware on their switch to retrieve game files from the system, edit or add to them on PC and then inject them back into the system. I have worked with a modded 3DS, so if the process is similar, basically you'd boot your switch into the custom firmware, and then use the built in save editor function (sometimes you have to download a save editor) to access game data. For DDLV, you'd need to find the file the save data is in - it'll most likely be called "Profile" - copy it and save it on your PC somewhere safe so you don't loose it, and then copy and paste the modded file into the same folder and let it replace the existing Profile file.
Post automatically merged:

Hiya this looks great do I have to change my save file or will it use your one just wondering great job though
You need to manually go into your game files and replace your own save file (please make sure to back it up and save it somewhere safe on your system before you replace anything) you can google where save files are located for DDLV since it'll be slightly different depending on operating system. The modded save file is a fresh one, meaning you will be starting at 0, from the beginning of the game. I'm waiting for the tool so I can use it with my existing save file, but in the meantime I've been using the modded profile just to do some random test builds with items - if you don't want to start over, it might be worth sitting tight and waiting for the tool to be released (which will hopefully happen soonish?)

Last edited by Primillirose,

Primillirose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can you add unlimited moonstones to the tool? That’s server sided and can’t be changed
No one has claimed they're able to do so - the person making the tool said they were going to see if they could figure something out, which doesn't mean they've done so or are able to. What they have been able to do is add items from star paths and the premium shop, as far as we're aware. There are still a handful of things missing, which they've mentioned they're trying to add.

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

robin2en

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I play on the Nintendo Switch and I am a part of a Facebook group that is starting to do random giveaways and apparently I won this week. I get to choose 10 items from a previous star path or premium shop. How are they able to gift me those things? I assume a hack on PC. If that's the case and its something that's easy to do, is there anyone here that is capable of doing that?

ARP1922

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi:

So, I'm new here, but what I understood from this thread, is that we could download a mod to unlock Premium and Star Path items? Is that right?

If so, where could I download the mod and how does it work?

Thanks and sorry if I understood it wrong!!

Edit: Online services are not working for me. Is that an issue or it doesn't matter?
Edit 2: I play on PC via Epic Games

Primillirose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi:

So, I'm new here, but what I understood from this thread, is that we could download a mod to unlock Premium and Star Path items? Is that right?

If so, where could I download the mod and how does it work?

Thanks and sorry if I understood it wrong!!

Edit: Online services are not working for me. Is that an issue or it doesn't matter?
Edit 2: I play on PC via Epic Games
Hi! I'm relatively new here too - the mod/tool isn't done or available yet. The person working on it was able to share a base or starter save file that they had been able to add most of the items that were available, there were still a few things that they hadn't been able to add yet, and now that the update is out I imagine there might be more work that needs to be done on the tool.

What you can do is back up your save file, and then replace it with the starter save that was shared (a page or two back) - that starts you at the beginning. You'll have a ton of items but have to unlock all the areas and characters again (which means grinding again). It might be more worth your time waiting for the tool's proper release whenever that happens.
Post automatically merged:

So I play on the Nintendo Switch and I am a part of a Facebook group that is starting to do random giveaways and apparently I won this week. I get to choose 10 items from a previous star path or premium shop. How are they able to gift me those things? I assume a hack on PC. If that's the case and its something that's easy to do, is there anyone here that is capable of doing that?
This sounds kind of like a scam, ngl - unless they also have a tool like this, which I don't think is likely, I haven't been able to find anybody else claiming to be working on this (much less with proof that it works), and unless there's a feature to trade items with other players from multiplayer that I'm just not aware of, I'd be wary of something like this. I've seen similar scams for other games that ask you to give the person running the giveaway your account information so they can add the items for you, which is a big no/red flag. It might be worth messaging whoever's running the giveaway and asking them how they're able to do this, if you can't get a straight answer, report them to the group admin or leave the group if they are the admin. There is currently no easy or available way to get star path or premium items without spending moonstones on them, this tool is promising but it's not actually available yet.

Last edited by Primillirose,

ARP1922

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! I'm relatively new here too - the mod/tool isn't done or available yet. The person working on it was able to share a base or starter save file that they had been able to add most of the items that were available, there were still a few things that they hadn't been able to add yet, and now that the update is out I imagine there might be more work that needs to be done on the tool.

What you can do is back up your save file, and then replace it with the starter save that was shared (a page or two back) - that starts you at the beginning. You'll have a ton of items but have to unlock all the areas and characters again (which means grinding again). It might be more worth your time waiting for the tool's proper release whenever that happens.
Ooooh ok, thanks for your advice.

Yes, I'm definitely going to wait for the proper release and just add the items to my existing game, because I'm playing since the game launched, so there's no way I'm gonna start 2 years of work ALL OVER AGAIN.

I'm having connectivity issues, so I'm looking for every possible way to grind for those Star Path/ Premium Shop items.

Primillirose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooooh ok, thanks for your advice.

Yes, I'm definitely going to wait for the proper release and just add the items to my existing game, because I'm playing since the game launched, so there's no way I'm gonna start 2 years of work ALL OVER AGAIN.

I'm having connectivity issues, so I'm looking for every possible way to grind for those Star Path/ Premium Shop items.
Yeah, I'm also having connectivity issues - thought it was related to some mods I was using for star coins and dreamlight, but I stopped using them and am still having issues - I can connect about 80% of the time, but every so often I can't access the shop or play the rift in time DLC.

Also same here haha, I bought the OG founders pack when the game was like $70 pre public release, ended up playing for 17 hours straight basically on my two days off of work, didn't think I was gonna be that into it haha! I tried out the modded save and it does have most of the items so hopefully the tool is in working order soon, cause yeah I'm really not feeling having to grind Moana to level 9 again for that one quest, it took me way too long. I also just really liked the game's story and I feel a little weird starting over, doesn't feel as special. I'm going to be popping my original save back in to check out the updates, I'm a huge Daisy girl, when I was little I tried so hard to find her in Disneyland, except she wasn't a walk around character at the time so I never did get to meet her lol. Excited for her to be in the game finally. Oswald is an awesome addition too, I like that they've added some characters you wouldn't maybe expect.

• Love

ARP1922

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah, I'm also having connectivity issues - thought it was related to some mods I was using for star coins and dreamlight, but I stopped using them and am still having issues - I can connect about 80% of the time, but every so often I can't access the shop or play the rift in time DLC.

Also same here haha, I bought the OG founders pack when the game was like $70 pre public release, ended up playing for 17 hours straight basically on my two days off of work, didn't think I was gonna be that into it haha! I tried out the modded save and it does have most of the items so hopefully the tool is in working order soon, cause yeah I'm really not feeling having to grind Moana to level 9 again for that one quest, it took me way too long. I also just really liked the game's story and I feel a little weird starting over, doesn't feel as special. I'm going to be popping my original save back in to check out the updates, I'm a huge Daisy girl, when I was little I tried so hard to find her in Disneyland, except she wasn't a walk around character at the time so I never did get to meet her lol. Excited for her to be in the game finally. Oswald is an awesome addition too, I like that they've added some characters you wouldn't maybe expect.
Yesterday I sent them an email, asking about a fix, and told them I already used my phone as hotspot and a wired connection.

They answered me saying I should use my phone as hotspot and a wired connection...

They basically ignore me with that message. They told me to do something I already told them did not work for me. Is a shame.

So that's why I wanna see other options (like this mod), because I wanna have the Star Path/ Premium Store items, but is not my fault they don't release a proper fix for online services.

Primillirose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I sent them an email, asking about a fix, and told them I already used my phone as hotspot and a wired connection.

They answered me saying I should use my phone as hotspot and a wired connection...

They basically ignore me with that message. They told me to do something I already told them did not work for me. Is a shame.

So that's why I wanna see other options (like this mod), because I wanna have the Star Path/ Premium Store items, but is not my fault they don't release a proper fix for online services.
Yeah that's super frustrating. I'm on PC and it happens if I launch the game from my desktop via the icon shortcut and not from a mod loader or the epic games loader, that seems to be the only pattern I can find, no idea why it doesn't work when I launch it that way.

ARP1922

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah that's super frustrating. I'm on PC and it happens if I launch the game from my desktop via the icon shortcut and not from a mod loader or the epic games loader, that seems to be the only pattern I can find, no idea why it doesn't work when I launch it that way.
I always launch the game from the Epic Store launcher, so I don't know what is the problem. It says it can't retrieve my Epic Games account and that I need to continue offline...

The thing is, other games like Disney Speedstorm can work online perfectly, so I don't think is a problem from my side, not from my connection neither from my account.

Hope for that mod to come soon.

Primillirose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always launch the game from the Epic Store launcher, so I don't know what is the problem. It says it can't retrieve my Epic Games account and that I need to continue offline...

The thing is, other games like Disney Speedstorm can work online perfectly, so I don't think is a problem from my side, not from my connection neither from my account.

Hope for that mod to come soon.
Yeah that’s what it says to me too - you might try reinstalling or verifying the game files through epic? I did both and it only sort of helped - it happens less than before and usually if I quit and open the game again now it connects, but it’s still an issue. Maybe it’s just an epic games issue and isn’t happening on other platforms?

ARP1922

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah that’s what it says to me too - you might try reinstalling or verifying the game files through epic? I did both and it only sort of helped - it happens less than before and usually if I quit and open the game again now it connects, but it’s still an issue. Maybe it’s just an epic games issue and isn’t happening on other platforms?
I did both and nothing worked for me :((

Ppl from other platforms (such as Xbox or PS5) are having similar issues too, so I don't think is an Epic issue. Also, as I said, other games on Epic work fine too, so I dunno where's the problem...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since