How do I know if I need a line voltage inducer for DreamPi?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,804
  • Replies 4
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
I wanna get DreamPi setup, and I have everything I need except the line voltage inducer. How do I know if I need one for my USB Modem or Dreamcast modem model requires it? Keep in mind that I'm just a stupid person who wants to play some Phantasy Star, so I'm not gonna know... anything.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
D

Deleted User

OP
I've tried it without one and it just won't connect to the server.
I decided to use the 12volt powerline with a potmeter to set it to 9ish volts, it still works great for 1.6 year now.
Is it possible to use DreamPi without it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I guess I take that back. I'm all fucked!

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, if you used a soldering iron before it's not hard to make one yourself. There are a few guides on how to make one yourself.

I haven't found a guide to use the 12volts line from the DC it self but I just wanted to try it out.

I have a GDemu installed so the DCdoesn't really need that much power.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Well, if you used a soldering iron before it's not hard to make one yourself. There are a few guides on how to make one yourself.

I haven't found a guide to use the 12volts line from the DC it self but I just wanted to try it out.

I have a GDemu installed so the DCdoesn't really need that much power.
Yeah, I'll skip out on that. I'll just bite the bullet and buy the USB modem. I'm getting an SD reader and burnt Dreamshell disc while I'm at it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken will love his Microsoft Deck lol