How to convert .3ds files to .cia files using GodMode9

Here is a simple step by step guide to converting .3ds files to .cia files using GodMode9

(1) Place your .3ds files in a folder on your SD card

(2) Boot GodMode9

(3) Navigate to the folder in which you previously placed your .3ds files into

(4) Select a .3ds file of your choice

(5) Once selected the bottom screen should now display a list of options select NCSD image options... then Build .cia from file

(6) Wait for the process to complete and a .cia file should be built in 0:/gm9/out

Troubleshooting

If the process did not complete check the size of the .3ds file being converted sometimes if it is a large file it will not convert simply because the SD card cannot not fit the combined size of the .3ds file and the .cia file

if you have questions please do not hesitate to ask and thank you for viewing

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually I've had some trouble doing this with a couple .3ds files. I'm not sure if it's because they were decrypted, or out-of-region, or what. They were Club Nintendo Picross and Club Nintendo Picross Plus (both JP and small files) in case anyone happens to know.

I'll give it another try and see what happens, since I forget.

Statesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I've had some trouble doing this with a couple .3ds files. I'm not sure if it's because they were decrypted, or out-of-region, or what. They were Club Nintendo Picross and Club Nintendo Picross Plus (both JP and small files) in case anyone happens to know.

I'll give it another try and see what happens, since I forget.
I assume you already either did it right or desisted on this but, for those reading through the thread, make sure to verify the files before using the "Build CIA" option in GM9. Have seen quite a few people being stumped due to following to the letter guides like OP's or the 3ds.hacks one and not knowing about doing that first with problematic/dubious files.

KeybladewielderJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I assume you already either did it right or desisted on this but, for those reading through the thread, make sure to verify the files before using the "Build CIA" option in GM9. Have seen quite a few people being stumped due to following to the letter guides like OP's or the 3ds.hacks one and not knowing about doing that first with problematic/dubious files.

Any chance there's a way to verify multiple at once?

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Anyone can please explain things better? Also the wiki guide link no longer explains how to convert .3ds to .cia

Please and thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8