How to get ScummVM on Wii U home screen?

TofuJam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have ScummVM installed on my vwii's homebrew channel, and it's working fantastically in there. I was hoping for a way to run it directly from my home screen, if that exists. Usually I'd just do a VC inject, but that doesn't seem to be possible since scummvm runs from a boot.elf, rather than a boot.dol :/

I've found a vwii channel for Scummvm (although I've been hesitant to install it, since I've heard you can brick your wii u by installing vwii wads)

https://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=13877
(that's the link to the vwii channel)

maybe there's a way I can make a forwarder for the vwii channel to my wii u home? I'm open to anything, as long as it results in me being able to launch scummvm directly from the wii u home.

Also, I'm aware that there's a scummvm core for retroarch, but I have a huge and extensive build of a *ton* of retro games, and I'd ideally like to be able to keep those separate from my scumm games :)

any help would be appreciated, thanks guys~

vrda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I made a brand new audio driver for Retroarch, with scummvm on wiiu {gamepad} initially being my target. It just got "released", take a look at gbatemp retroarch thread
/threads/retroarch-wiiu-wip.447670/page-708#post-10417402
(Sorry, can't post links)

vrda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You can actually use it with a stylus in the RetroArch version for WiiU. Try the latest version attached to RA thread ;)
Just need to set the RA Settings/Audio Ouput/Sample rate to 44100 and also when scummVM core is started go to Quick Menu/Core Options and set the audio sample rate to 44100 there too. And yes, in the RA Audio settings select the new audio driver AXPro.

• Love
Reactions: lordelan and ber71

KelSolaar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You can actually use it with a stylus in the RetroArch version for WiiU. Try the latest version attached to RA thread ;)
Just need to set the RA Settings/Audio Ouput/Sample rate to 44100 and also when scummVM core is started go to Quick Menu/Core Options and set the audio sample rate to 44100 there too. And yes, in the RA Audio settings select the new audio driver AXPro.

for some reason I can't change the sample rate no matter what i change it to. It just stays at 48000 hz.
Also I cant find any quick menu in the ScummVM core you are refering to. Only the global options but that doesnt let you change those settings.

vrda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Having the rate stick at 48000 means you are using the older AX driver.
1. go to Settings/Audio/Output and change the Audio to AX Pro.
2. set the sample rate to 44100.
3. Main Menu / Load Core / ScummVM
4. Main Menu / Start Core
5. Press Home button
6. Main Menu / Quick Menu / Core Options / Timing / Sample rate - set it to 44100 there too
7. Press Home button again and choose "Quit" in ScummVM to have the changes saved

KelSolaar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Having the rate stick at 48000 means you are using the older AX driver.
1. go to Settings/Audio/Output and change the Audio to AX Pro.
2. set the sample rate to 44100.
3. Main Menu / Load Core / ScummVM
4. Main Menu / Start Core
5. Press Home button
6. Main Menu / Quick Menu / Core Options / Timing / Sample rate - set it to 44100 there too
7. Press Home button again and choose "Quit" in ScummVM to have the changes saved

I updated RA yesterday. How can these be old drivers? Where do I find the AX Pro drivers?
Also the standard theme in ScummVM is awful with black BG and green text. Is there a way to change this? I didn’t find it in the settings.

vrda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Take a look at the post from @ploggy in the RA thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-wiiu-wip.447670/page-708#post-10417402 - there is a download in it (although the link might expire soon)
Take the scummvm rpx file from this download and overwrite the one you have, doing necessary renames as needed.
For the theme to work, please take the latest scummvm.zip as described here https://docs.libretro.com/library/scummvm/ and extract it to sd:/retroarch/cores/system, then when the one with the default theme is started, go to GUI tab and switch the theme.

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Take a look at the post from @ploggy in the RA thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-wiiu-wip.447670/page-708#post-10417402 - there is a download in it (although the link might expire soon)
Take the scummvm rpx file from this download and overwrite the one you have, doing necessary renames as needed.
For the theme to work, please take the latest scummvm.zip as described here https://docs.libretro.com/library/scummvm/ and extract it to sd:/retroarch/cores/system, then when the one with the default theme is started, go to GUI tab and switch the theme.
I've updated the link to the download for a more permanent one ;)

• Love
Reactions: vrda

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: ok