Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
MediCat USB Logo.png

v21.12
The all-in-one bootable PC repair toolkit, powered by Ventoy.

UEFI.png BIOS.png Malwarebytes.png Lockpick.png Desktop.png PortableApps.png
Project is still active.
This project is absolutely free to use; I do not charge anything for MediCat USB.
MediCat USB is made to take advantage of bleeding edge computers.
Derivative projects are allowed and encouraged.
MediCat USB is clean of viruses, malware, or any kind of malicious code.
Modify MediCat's ISOs and menus as you see fit!
USB bootable using Ventoy and 7-zip.
Supports Legacy BIOS (CSM) and UEFI
Now has a page on https://alternativeto.net/software/medicat-dvd/about/
Gluten-free, non-GMO, gender neutral, and no trans-fats!

MediCat History:
I run a PC repair service out of my home called Reset Computers. As a seasoned PC Technician (A+ Certified by CompTIA) in the field for 16 years, I could never find a software toolbox that could fit my personal needs.... Until I found YUMI, which allowed me to customize my own. That got me making multiboot USB sticks, and all was great. However, some older hardware (and picky computers) wouldn't boot from them, rendering them useless. Even the F-key boot menu wouldn't work. Sometimes the BIOS just doesn't support bootable USB sticks for whatever reason, even when set to Legacy Boot in the BIOS settings. So I made a bootable DVD variety, for those finicky computers that refuse to (or can't) boot from USB. So I created a bootable ISO called MediCat DVD in early 2012. I kept working on it and kept it updated whenever I needed to, but never thought about releasing it. The first public release wasn't until February 2nd, 2014. I had a stable home and job so I figured, 'why not?'. Now the project has outgrown DVD-R media, and is known as MediCat USB.

The Project Objective:
My overall goal of this project is to continue where Hiren's Boot CD/DVD left off in 2012; Provide a simplified menu system that's completely overloaded with useful PC tools, be easy to navigate, and remain aesthetically pleasing to technicians. I wanted something elegant, but not too distracting. I didn't want it to come across as too technical-looking, or confusing. So I did what I could to spruce things up. MediCat USB is made with modern 64-bit computers in mind.

Discord Button.png
Discord Server QR.png

Try the new MediCat Installer, made by @MON5TERMATT :
Installer Button.png

Click the Google Drive or MEGA buttons below for the download directory,
the Torrent Download button for the torrent, or copy the MAGNET Link:

Google Drive Button.png
( DO NOT DOWNLOAD ALL THE FILES ALL AT ONCE, ZIPPED!
THEY WILL BE RE-NUMBED WRONG IF YOU DO! DOWNLOAD THEM ONE AT A TIME! )

MEGA button.png
MAIN MEGA LINK.

Torrent Button.png
TORRENT FILE. (The fastest and recommended way)

Magnet link:
Code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1D714BDF37890669E98933B724B55D47E7F2D01B

Feature_List.png

Please Follow these steps to help you make a bootable USB stick successfully:

First thing to do is disable any "Real-Time Scanning" in your antivirus apps, including Windows Defender!!!

(Otherwise you will have apps get deleted from your USB drive during creation, and things won't work properly.)

USB_Creation_Instructions.png

Ventoy's donation page

Snappy Driver Installer Origin

Gparted

PortableApps

Giving Center / Computers with Causes

Can I run the PortableApps on my current PC without booting up MediCat?"
Yes, just mount the MediCat USB, and open Start.exe to launch the platform. These are the same exact apps that get loaded within Mini Windows 10. So if you update them, they will show up updated in Mini Windows 10 as well.

"How do I make this for a 32GB USB stick?"
-Install Ventoy to the drive.
-Open MediCat's first zip.001 file with 7-zip.
-Extract the files and folders to the root of the USB drive.

"Can I add or swap out the PortableApps with different ones?"
Absolutely, I encourage it! Please feel free to modify MediCat to YOUR individual needs! :D

"Can I install Mini Windows 10 as my main OS?"
No, it doesn't work like that. It's a WinPE image (Windows Pre-install Environment) that runs in memory. It's primary use is to troubleshoot a troublesome PC.

"Is it free?"
Absolutely. I will never charge money for MediCat, or accept donations. However, feel free to share your ideas, questions, and concerns in this thread. That's how you can give back. :)

"How often will this be updated?"
MediCat USB is now a rolling release, so will be regularly updated with major releases, and minor updates as needed (Typically monthly or bi-monthly). The links here will always be the latest version. The PortableApps are easily updatable by the user, once they have been 'burned' to USB.

"If anyone can make these bootable USB sticks, what makes yours so special?"
Nothing, really. Just simplicity, and convenience on my part. Everything is subjective to opinion of usefulness. My software suite may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if it helps you in the field, yay!

Attachments

• MediCat USB v21.12.torrent.zip
    113.9 KB · Views: 221
Last edited by Jayro,

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Something like this would be extremely useful at times. I have a Linux live boot cd and my windows 8 cd to fix any of my pc issues for now but MediCat looks pretty promising for having all your system and diagnostic tools in one suite. I will be waiting for your release!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Something like this would be extremely useful at times. I have a Linux live boot cd and my windows 8 cd to fix any of my pc issues for now but MediCat looks pretty promising for having all your system and diagnostic tools in one suite. I will be waiting for your release!

Thank you, I'll be adding the Windows 7 and 8 recovery discs if I can make enough room to fit on a 4.3GB DVD-R. I believe that will round-out the package nicely.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Sort of, but Hiren's BootCD is severely outdated, and I almost included it in my release. But the other tools on my DVD already do what Hiren's CD does, are more up to date, and easier to use... So it just seemed redundant.

Updated the screenshots in the OP for the final v03.2014 release.

Download link is active. :D

Zaertix

One Stop Nintendo Shop on Mixer!
Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for letting me know, I had the incorrect download link up. I fixed it, you can now download the ISO directly from my Mediafire.

If you throw me the torrent link, I'll pop it on my dedicated and give it a nice long super seed.

Also, mediafire link doesn't work.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
If you throw me the torrent link, I'll pop it on my dedicated and give it a nice long super seed.

Also, mediafire link doesn't work.

That would be great, I'll re-upload the torrent for you in a little bit, and the mediafire link works for me, it just asks to enter a Captcha code to prevent hotlinking.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
looks great!

When do you expect a usb compatible version?

I already have a 16GB usb image done, but it's severely outdated, and I haven't worked on it in over a year. I'm going to try and finish the USB one by the DVD's next release, at the end of May. (v05.2014)

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd be down to use this if you added DBAN (last release pre-buyout) and GParted. Oh, and maybe SpinRite. I'd love to just have one disk for it all, and as you've already got a nice think going, might as well add to it instead of building my own.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd be down to use this if you added DBAN (last release pre-buyout) and GParted. Oh, and maybe SpinRite. I'd love to just have one disk for it all, and as you've already got a nice think going, might as well add to it instead of building my own.

Go right ahead and swap out my ISO images with your own as you see fit, sir. :) I have never heard if SpinRite, and PartedMagic is included on my DVD, which includes Gparted, and many more tools with it. Including Gparted would be redundant with PartedMagic already there.

Oh, and I edited the Linux Mint ISO so that after installing Mint to a harddrive, it won't remove the Gparted application from your system.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1