Reply to thread

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @haddad, whatcha need to know?
    My preferred format for PS1 games these days is .PBP but really all formats are fine
  • haddad @ haddad:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have a PS1 game that has multiple .bin and cue files (1 bin and cue file per disk), how do I get all 4 dics into 1 .chd file?
    Ohh .cia probably means your going to ask about 3DS PS1 hmmm haven't tried out PS1 on my 3DS at all but it does seem rather interesting
    Well if you where converting them to .PBP I like Icecubes tool, but converting to .chd should be rather similar. Give me a moment to look into it.
  • haddad @ haddad:
    For example, if I take a pre-created Legend of Dragoon .pbp file, and use PS1 forwarder to convert it into .cia and install onto my 3DS, it crashes on launchung. BUT if I take the 4 BIN+CUE Files, put it through PSX2PSP, make a new .pbp, then take tht new .pbd and put it through ps1 forwarder to create a .cia and install that, that does NOT crash my 3ds?
    Yeah disk compression and combining is so finicky
    Had a couple of games in the PS1 library that hated being compressed
    Icecubes tool was helpful there though, it has different levels of compression including off for those really picky games
  • haddad @ haddad:
    CHDMAN will only do .bin or .iso to .chd, I will end up with 4 seperate. chd's, not what I want, I want a single .chd
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Try using CDMage to combine all bins then convert to a chd
  • haddad @ haddad:
    itried, does not work with CDMAGE
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Followed this method? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VuKTm34xh6A Whats the title of the game
    Maybe try to find a already converted file
    So many sources online, might be reinventing the wheel here
  • haddad @ haddad:
    In that video, the PS1 game has multiple .bin files but one .cue file

My game has multiple 1 cue per bin file
  • haddad @ haddad:
    if I try to convert an already made .pbp to .cia, it crashes my 3ds
    Try a different one?
  • haddad @ haddad:
    What did work for me is taking the raw .bin files, convert it to .pbp, then take that .pbp and convert to .cia

it worked, but my file is 30% larger, I want to utilize .chd to have a smaller file size
    I can't say where but there are a lot of FF7 pbps online lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's that one stations they don't want us to pay at
    Yeah FF7 and a couple of others are sensitive to being compressed I think due to anti piracy measures
    Some sort of like sector check in the code of the game or something
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Some sort of like sector check in the code of the game or something