Nkit to iso help

JediFallenGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently started wanting to add games to my wii again, and remembered the hard way that nkit.iso files don't work with wii backup manager and did some research on this site and found that i should use the nkit tool to convert it to iso, however when I did the steps and clicked process it loaded and displayed the, "Update partition *_940B57BB missing, Verification Failed Crc:220FA273 - Failed Test Crc:C4ADC0A0 Deleting Output"
message. Now I found the thread talking about the dat files and downloaded and placed in the dat/redump/wii folder and tried again and got the same results. I don't have the slightest clue what's wrong plz help

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.:)

For your Issue:

Please use the Processing Tool "NKitProcessingApp.exe" from the NKit Package please.
Drag and drop your File(s)s (.nkit.gcz Format ?) into the Window and choose "Convert to ISO" please.

Do you have the Wii.dat,Redump.dat and wiitdb.txt in the correct Folders too ?

Good Luck.😉

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: jeannotte

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@Scootyrooty had this to say when someone asked the same thing on the modmii discord the other day:

Wii hardware and software like Wii Backup Manager do not support Wii games in nkit file format. You must first convert them to ISO. Get Nkit from here: https://gbatemp.net/download/nkit.36157/ Extract it to a convenient place on your PC. Open NKitProcessingApp.exe then drag the nkit file(s) or folder into the window. Select Convert to ISO. Click Process. When it's done you'll find the game in: ..\NKit_v1.4\Processed\Wii_MatchFail\ The easiest way to convert the .iso to .wbfs on Windows is with Wii Backup Manager. Here's a download link and guide to using it: https://wii.guide/wiibackupmanager

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/799022756221681744/949825927750225940/wii_nkit_to_iso.mp4

Reactions: jeannotte

JediFallenGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is they're missing the recovery files for the Wii update partitions (optional feature that whoever they got the file from chose to enable). Search for "NKit Fully Loaded".
I got them from vimm’s and I think they have a download for the recovery it’s just 3gbs.

Edit: I didn’t think I would need it at the time

Ikronix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am also having problems with converting my Nkit files to Iso's.
I keep receiving this system error
Screenshot (561).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (560).png
    Screenshot (560).png
    924.7 KB · Views: 113

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ Alllrounder: Hello everyone can someone show me a tutorial on how to do the Cyclop DS evolution on the 3DS?