Hacking Open PS2 Loader on PS3

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a backwards compatible PS3. I know I was able to play some games in the past. I came back to it now because I want to play some Tales games. I downloaded the new one (0.7) and it won't load up for me when I press the L1+Up on swap magic. It will freeze on the swap magic screen. I've tried different versions of the loader and it is still not working. Can I get some assistance?

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
download the correct version for your PS3 region...

if it is Japan or USA... go grab the NTSC version

else ... go grab PAL version

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are you able to boot other homebrew .elfs? Like uLaunchELF? Does Open PS2 Loader work if you boot with that?

What usb storage are you trying to load Open PS2 Loader from? Did you name the .elf correctly?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Are you able to boot other homebrew .elfs? Like uLaunchELF? Does Open PS2 Loader work if you boot with that?

What usb storage are you trying to load Open PS2 Loader from? Did you name the .elf correctly?
I haven't tried other homebrew but I'll see if it can.

I'm trying to boot games from a 1TB HDD. And I'm 100% sure I renamed it right.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rock Raiyu said:
Joe88 said:
FAT32 should be fine
Alright, I'm formatting it to fat32. I'll get back and see what happens but is it possible to make a separate partition and do it that way?

That should work, but i think the FAT32 partition needs to be the 1st one. Well at least for swap magic so it can boot Open PS2 Loader. Open PS2 Loader _might_ be able to read games from the 2nd or 3rd partition.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
WiiPower said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Joe88 said:
FAT32 should be fine
Alright, I'm formatting it to fat32. I'll get back and see what happens but is it possible to make a separate partition and do it that way?

That should work, but i think the FAT32 partition needs to be the 1st one. Well at least for swap magic so it can boot Open PS2 Loader. Open PS2 Loader _might_ be able to read games from the 2nd or 3rd partition.

I think he is doing whole format...

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Joe88 said:
FAT32 should be fine

1st partition? How do I make the FAT32 the first partition exactly?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Rock Raiyu said:
WiiPower said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Joe88 said:
FAT32 should be fine

If you format the whole drive, then FAT32 should be the first (as it is only) - if you leave it so it has multiple partitions, so it shows up as several drives, the first one should be FAT32 it seems. To get it to be first would still mean complete format in some cases...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rock Raiyu said:
WiiPower said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Joe88 said:
FAT32 should be fine

The 1st partition is the partition that is located as 1st on the HDD. So if you had 2 partitions already, 1st NTFS and 2nd FAT32, you could only switch them by formatting the whole drive, then create FAT32 1st, then create the NTFS partition.

But why all the hassle? Get some small usb storage, put Open PS2 Loader on it, and then load the games from network which is a bit faster than loading from usb anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Similar to FOX Kids. I remember when Sonic X aired.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the latin american fox feed doesnt air news, it airs movies and tv shows
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Couch casting for horror
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Couch casting for horror