Post An Image Of Something You Own That Is Absolutely Invaluable To You...

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be ANYTHING. It could be something you've cherised and possess all your own, something utterly unique. Something you grew up with and still have it to this day, like a Milton Bradley STAR BIRD, or even an old train set or a Hot Wheels Racing Track - VROOOM!!!. Perhaps an old D&D set that you painted all your own. In can be old, it can be new, but please read the following:

We're not counting the following: family, children, siblings, pets, or otherwise. All of these things are NATRUALLY cherished, so let's do a little out-of-the box thinking. Got a cherished car, of any kind of automobile or a bike that can still drive on the road? Post it. If a car counts, so maybe these would too - a backyard pool, a backyard halfpipe, a couple of a homes you own, a high end degree would count, Ticket to an impossible concert in which others couldn't get in, but you did, and you saw them live. POST THOSE TICKET STUBS!

So in th end folks, we're looking for IMAGES.

Finally, I'm not trying to be some bitch-ass punk ( or some punk-ass bitch) in this thread, I just want to steer it into the way the thesis marks itself. Got something awesome? POST AN IMAGE!!! Got something you know is unique?

So I'm gonna delve into my box of goodies and show you something that took me 21 years to find. Now, what I DON'T MEAN IS, "I saw this thing in January of 1993" and then I miraculously "bumped into it" 21 years later. What I DO MEAN IS that I first ran into this print in January of 1993, in an old-school wicked arcade in New York City. 1993 isa long time ago, to have been 31 years.looking for something that was that old. The arcade was called "XS", and its slogan was "Too Much Is Not Enough". Had to do a little googling for that one, but that's the place. Now, here it is...

WHAT-A-BOMB-1460.jpg

So I'm walking towards the back of the arcade - in the deep recesses of the belly of the beast might I say, looking for... c'mon folks, say it with me now, "THE CHANGE GUY"! Or "THE QUARTERS GUY"! or the frickin "TOKENS GUY"! I'm sure most if not all of us here rembember having to haggle with a cat like this, and he always had a change dispenser on his belt Ring any bells folks?, So he had a big, sagging holster on his belt that was loaded with quarrters or tokens, take your pick. He asked me how much I wanted, and then snapped his fingers in front of my face. I said "Oh! Sorry, $10 please..." But I was not done with this cat, not at all. The reason I was not paying attention to him is because my eyes were riveted to the wall. About 9 feet up, there she was. OMFG. I've never seen a poster like this, (this is what they called it), I CALL IT A "PRINT" and still do to this very day. So, he saw my reaction to the sight of this goddess, and I asked him for her name, and he told me. And I kind of recognized her name, but that's all he gave me, and that was that. I never, EVER forgot the name. Ever. And here she was, I could not stop looking at her. A striking woman in a stricking pose.

An absolutely GORGEOUS BLONDE straddling a red chair, looking at the photographer who is facing her to her right, holding a robe. Just a mind-blowingly stunning woman, hair that is just spilling over her shoulders, black bra (a perfect fit, revealing just a bit while the rest of it is up to the imagination of any beholder.

Next up, her belly. Just another aphrodisiac. Flat as a wall, too good for your eyes or mine (I say that with a grain of salt, but I think you understand what I'm saying).

Next up, her thighs and calves wrapped her black stockings. Wow. She has always been, and I've always thought, that she was a very leggy woman. Put it this way, she's got terrific legs, and the stockings she's wearing only pronounce that.

Finally, her heels and everything that the chair is on top of (some kind of gray fabric underneath her chair. The right heel is elevated by the front of the toe. Just a bit, I do not know how or why this is the case, It's there and whatever.

It is a very tasteful image. So much grace in it and her.

So folks, how did I find this print over the span of 31 years??? Come with me (this lot of you folks that, I've not bored you to death with all of this psychobabble & less-than-intrinsic refuse.)

==========================================================================================================

So, here it is.

Per this "GUY's advice (THE QUARTER GUY, or THE COIN GUY, call him what you want), He told me where to start. And I was famliiar with these stores, I grew up getting so-called "lighters" from these stores that would SHOCK THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF YOU when you push the lighter's button. Just for anyone that was stupid enough to take the lighter from me and the rest was history. Trust me, if you've ever been sucked into that BS before, I'm sure you remember it. Forget the memories, it's the fights I got into over that lighter...

I looked EVERYWHERE for this print. Dappy's (Dapy's?), Spencer's, K-Mart, and a slew of other walik-ins and stores selling prints of that like. NOTHING. After a while, I'd given up.

Now, insofar as my experience, I didn't have my own personal computer until close to 1999. With the advent of Netscape, AOL, Earthlink, and the overwhelming impact made by Google, computers were on the verge of changing EVERYTHING. So to make a long story short, sometime in 2004 I found the IMAGE of that print online, but it was just an image, no place to buy from. What a let down. Of course, I saved any and every image of her I could get.

So, for years and years and years I stuck with the internet as my primary resource of attaining this print, never giving up hope, however sick and tired of seeing the same & only picture of this woman that was in Cyberspace, but nothing outside its realm of tangibility. Great pic, but my search led me to frustration and my patience was wearing thin.

So I wake up on a Friday Morning, coffee in one hand and 15 min in front of me to waste a little time. This was in the year 2014.

For years and years, I used Google as the primary and only search engine to look for this print. So, "fuck it, I said to myself, I've got a couple of minutes", and tried MS's BING search engine (don't worry folks, I'm not plugging BING any more than I'm plugging Google), I just wanted a different "something" for no apparent reason whatsoever, just somithing new. I typed in her name, I hit IMAGES for the results and immediate saw the same image I'd been dealt with for ages. My mouse went up to the top right corner of the monitor, and I was just about to 86 that page when I hesitated that, this WAS the same image, but it WASN'T the same picture. I looked closer, hope against hope and realized that what I was looking at was the image of THE POSTER THAT WAS FOR SALE. It had a glass on each corner of the print, and had been advertised as never been hung, no tack holes in it. No folds, no creases, no grit under the image for taking a picture of it, no water damage,no fucking NOTHING. The owners told me that they picked up sometime in the mid-to-late 90's, and saved it for a rainy day. I immediately hit the "BUY" botton, and the site I secured it by was called "ETSY". $18.95 and $6 shipping. I'd never heard of this site before, and don't believe I've ever purchased anything found on that site again.

Oh and yes - every once in a blue moon you'll see one on eBay, but they cannot touch mine due to the shape it's in (pretty much brand new). There's even on on eBay right now, but I don' tust it or the seller one bit...

*Having thought this sentence over, I've decided it wise not to critique this listing. I don't want a mod 86'ing my thread, and I'd like to see what you cats post images of, and some background on said treasure!

So, this thing is priceless. The condition it's in is immaculate, and I like I said a really nice frame. This one's a KEEPER! (Watch me eat-shit tomrrow on some god-forsaken kind of snafu..

OK folks, I appreciate you putting up with my jackass rant. When you see her, most of you will recognize her in a heartbeat, but for those of you who don't recognize her, her signature is at the base of the chair...

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too bad Hitler didn't make camps for immigrants oh wait
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Isn't the latest method for slim like self right?
    Like a 1 wire mod?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still two wire with resistor if you don't count the 7 wire pc probes cause hardware likes a good probing
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    2 wires left on motherboard, 7 temp soldered to a flasher, then removed after flashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Technically don't even have to remove it could just keep it on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That you'll only see once +1