Post your favorite zero-EMF games

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello to all low-EMF gamers, let's post our favorite EMF-safe, zero-radiation games here!

Starting off with the basics:
image1.jpg
I'm sure everyone's familiar with this classic "console", almost like the Nintendo Game Boy but without any EMF radiation. There are hundreds, if not thousands of games that can be played on it, multi-player or single-player for people like me who have almost no friends, and the friends I do have always want to come over with cell phones and other dangers. Unfortunately it's a bit outdated and doesn't support online play, but that's likely for the best, since as we all know, the Internet and network hardware emit very dangerous amounts of EMF.

However, be careful to NOT use emulators for it, since those emit a lot of EMF, and the newer it is, the more EMF it probably emits.
🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫
image2.jpg
🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫

Then, we can get into the more advanced territories, the more expensive "game consoles" that usually only play a single game:
image3.jpgimage4.jpg
These are all very fun and have very good modern graphics, but unfortunately they are almost always made for more than one player. So they don't really work for me, unless I'd want to do the old trick of holding one controller in each hand and trying to have fun.

But again, you have to be VERY careful to not accidentally stumble upon the dangerous emulators, that will emit a lot of EMF.
🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫
image5.jpgimage6.jpg
🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫

Of course there are lots of other kinds of zero-EMF games. However, some of them try to sneak electronic components inside of them, which will obviously emit hurtful EMF, so you do still have to be very careful when looking for them.
Anyway, it's hard for me to really pick any favorite since I don't have any friends. But I invite you to share your favorite safe, zero-EMF games below!

• Haha
Reactions: x65943 and Creamu

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hey,

thanks for this awesome thread. The idea of avoidng EMF-gaming altogether is brilliant.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of games that can be played on it, multi-player or single-player for people like me who have almost no friends, and the friends I do have always want to come over with cell phones and other dangers.
I'm sorry for your situation. If you really like those types of zero-EMF-games it might be worth a try to ask within your closer family, if they want to play a zero-EMF-game with you. Your parents might be happy to share some quality time with you and would even be willling to turn off their smartdevices. Your grandparents or other ederly people might be quite happy as well, although with them it is better to stick with the games of their preferance, since they cognitivly might not be able to deal with any deviations. Perhaps look for people that are more traditional and tolerant, they might love to go out on a picknick with you, playing a game of cards without smartphones.
Unfortunately it's a bit outdated and doesn't support online play, but that's likely for the best, since as we all know, the Internet and network hardware emit very dangerous amounts of EMF.
As long as you use wires there is not much of additional stress to your body. Just turn off the wireless.
You might want to check out my comics thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/creamu-comics.612360/
However, be careful to NOT use emulators for it, since those emit a lot of EMF, and the newer it is, the more EMF it probably emits.
🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫
View attachment 310320
🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫🚫
That is actually a single player IRL game. If you choose to go the digital route you might as well play a game of your choosing. So emulating IRL games isn't of any help, I agree.
Then, we can get into the more advanced territories, the more expensive "game consoles" that usually only play a single game:
View attachment 310321View attachment 310322
These are all very fun and have very good modern graphics, but unfortunately they are almost always made for more than one player. So they don't really work for me, unless I'd want to do the old trick of holding one controller in each hand and trying to have fun.
Great choice, I love both of them. Those are too complex for elderly people but you can ask your parents or within your family.
Of course there are lots of other kinds of zero-EMF games. However, some of them try to sneak electronic components inside of them, which will obviously emit hurtful EMF, so you do still have to be very careful when looking for them.
That is true, there seems to be a trend to put electronics and processor or even smartfunctions into devices that don't really benefit from them.
Anyway, it's hard for me to really pick any favorite since I don't have any friends.
Maybe invest more time in finding more friends who share intrests with you. The only zero-EMF-game that comes to my mind is calculating prime numbers in your head. Its great, because whatever situation you are in, you can just start calculating prime numbers.

If you don't have the option to find friends to play your zero-EMF games with you, there are alternatives to zero-emf solutions that have game like elements to them:

-playing an acoustic instrument
-drawing
-reading or writing books
-poetry
-cooking
-community work
-going for walks
-fasting (quite challenging)
-meditating
-sports
-exploring nature
-fairytales
-coming up with jokes
-gardening
-helping elderly people
and many more, please feel free to share your ideas.
But I invite you to share your favorite safe, zero-EMF games below!
My favorite IRL games that have no EMF are chess and rummikub, but catan and monopoly are great as well. Unfortunatly I can't play zero-EMF monopoly with you.

Last edited by Creamu,
Reactions: IC_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk