Hacking R4iTT Purple RTS 3DS Help Please

Kalibi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I found my old R4iTT Purple 3DS card however it doesn't work with my DSi XL or my 3DS XL. I believe that I won't be able to get it to work with my 3DS since the newer versions are incompatible, however for the DSi it works with version 1.45 which is the one I have. I've looked everywhere for the firmware and kernel but all of the links are dead for my specific card. Mine is the one with the new sticker and it doesn't have a screw on the back. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

r4itt.jpg

Kalibi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded and extracted your links to my microSD card and it still doesn't work. It shows a black screen that says "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

Kalibi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried formatting it and pasting the contents of the kernel you sent onto the SDHC card, now it just shows a stuck black loading screen.

screenshot.png

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is something being loaded, it sounds like it's being read, so I assume it's not a contact issue. You could try formatting the SD as FAT or FAT32, or try another SD card. You could also try loading another kernel to see if it's outdated. Ideally, a DS Fat / DS Lite would be the control group, so you could see if it was being blocked or not, and update the firmware if it's outdated. I thinking the firmware needs updated to 1.4.5; it sounds like the cart is being blocked.

setup:
http://www.n3dscart.com/pages/R4iTT-Setup.html
http://old.r4wood.com/pages/R4i-SDHC-Kernel.html

r4itt_v2.11
r4itt_v2.01
r4itt_v2.00

https://gbatemp.net/threads/r4itt-purple-latest-firmware-help.500121/ This link has a firmware update of 1.4.4, but I can't find the latest 1.4.5 for DSi.

Last edited by zfreeman,

Kalibi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is something being loaded, it sounds like it's being read, so I assume it's not a contact issue. You could try formatting the SD as FAT or FAT32, or try another SD card. You could also try loading another kernel to see if it's outdated. Ideally, a DS Fat / DS Lite would be the control group, so you could see if it was being blocked or not, and update the firmware if it's outdated. I thinking the firmware needs updated to 1.4.5; it sounds like the cart is being blocked.

This link has a firmware update of 1.4.4, but I can't find the latest 1.4.5 for DSi.

I tried downloading the kernels from all the links you sent but unfortunately none of them are working. Also some of the links have download links on them that are dead... :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Kalibi
Is your flashcard exactly the image you posted?
If your answer is yes, here are the files

I tried this website too, however when I click to download it sends me to a weird page with a bunch of symbols on it. When I click "Save Link As..." it downloads however I cannot open the .rar files. I tried both 7zip and WinRAR and it shows that the files are damaged.

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cartridge in question probably needs updated to be unblocked, but first needs to be on a system that won't block it, a catch-22. The best bet to get this thing running is to install the respective TWL Flashcart Launcher on a CFW 3DS, It will bypass the blocking even with an out-of-date firmware. At that point, you would just need a functional kernel.

Last edited by zfreeman,

Kalibi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange, yesterday it worked.
Below are the files ONLY for this flashcard:

The kernel can be found here:
Attached are the files for firmware update

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! This one worked perfectly, it booted straight from the Loading screen to the R4 card main menu. You made my day :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The cartridge in question probably needs updated to be unblocked, but first needs to be on a system that won't block it, a catch-22. The best bet to get this thing running is to install the respective TWL Flashcart Launcher on a CFW 3DS, It will bypass the blocking even with an out-of-date firmware. At that point, you would just need a functional kernel.

Also, thank you so much for your help, too! I really appreciate you coming back to this post and suggesting different solutions :)

YagoGama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could someone help me? I have a R4itt purple that I'm trying to run on my 3ds but none of your suggestions worked, please help.

Reactions: ajdarfan

frsmkii

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I picked up three of these brand new at a flea market for a buck yesterday. Is there any way to use Wood firmware on these or at the very least YSMenu? I couldn't find any specific in the RetroGame Fan's updates thread.

JSUN

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
hey man I'm trying to use these files for a 2DS with system 11.7.0-40u
I know this is an old post, but the r4 is exactly the one on the picture

just goes to "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off"

maybe you're still around

ajdarfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I have the exact same card as the OP but those files that worked for OP doesn't work for me. Well, the card boots but it says "the kernel version is too low" on main menu despite installing rts3.03 and when i try to boot any game it just shows white screen and doesn't load. This problem started to happen after i updated firmware from v5.06 to v7.0.0 but i dont knowhow to downgrade

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says...