Hacking Homebrew Misc Remake Unofficial Luma3ds

How should we rename customluma3ds?

• Wah3ds (placeholder but if you like it)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Polari3ds

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Dasey3ds

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Quasar3ds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plutoncfw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another idea ( I will write down here)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Alexiox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks ofr both your tips now that I tehk indeed luna3ds might seem too familiar with og luma and star is there stargate3ds so no good as well.
Also dasey3ds seem a great suggestion sound good
But also another one suggested polari3ds it doesn't seem bad at all also it is a super Mario galaxy 1 reference.
Lemme know what you think?
Maybe I should hold a poll?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks ofr both your tips now that I tehk indeed luna3ds might seem too familiar with og luma and star is there stargate3ds so no good as well.
Also dasey3ds seem a great suggestion sound good
But also another one suggested polari3ds it doesn't seem bad at all also it is a super Mario galaxy 1 reference.
Lemme know what you think?
Maybe I should hold a poll?
A poll would be a good idea!

Reactions: Alexiox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hey, thanks for the great build!
This build is especially better for me than the official one and I prefer to use it all the time.

By the way, is it a big hassle to add nightly to universal-updater?
As I mentioned earlier, I love this build and would like to use the latest build as much as possible.
If nightly builds are added to universal-updater and updated, I would be very happy because it would make it easier to use the latest. thx.

Alexiox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, thanks for the kind words.
Yeah I noticed just yesterday that there is a problem with unidb so I will have to write an issue and ask for a fix since soon it will also get its name changed I thought of doing it right after this poll will end
But for now if you want it the prerelease build
Here you go

Sorry but you have to download it yourself on sd directly😕

lisko

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, about the name I know that isn't the most original but what about luma3ds++ or something like luma3ds PRO (pro for prototype)? I'm saying this because even if it's on steroids it's basically still luma cfw. A completely new name from my point of view it's more suitable for a new cfw from scratch or very heavily modded from the ground up. But it's your child obviously whatever you name it we are here for the functions. Keep up.

Alexiox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, about the name I know that isn't the most original but what about luma3ds++ or something like luma3ds PRO (pro for prototype)? I'm saying this because even if it's on steroids it's basically still luma cfw. A completely new name from my point of view it's more suitable for a new cfw from scratch or very heavily modded from the ground up. But it's your child obviously whatever you name it we are here for the functions. Keep up.
Hi, yeah I thought that as well but on universal updater they said that it can be confusing so here I am searching a new name.
Thanks also for the keep up cause I'm quite busy this period so it brings satisfaction knowing that people like it. Also it is not mine only I accept external help and tips as well, I'm trying to make it based on suggestions, so everyone can feel as part of the project.

Reactions: lisko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Do you think it is possible to change the MAC address ?
Yes, I know that the actual hardware address is read-only and cannot be changed.
However, I thought it would be possible to change it after it has been read into memory, like changing the OTP.bin.

Analyzing the communication, when accessing the server online, it sends the Mac address that was (presumably) read from the hardware at startup, along with SecureInfo, local friend code, OTP (console ID), etc.
One of these things that remains unchangeable using this fork is the MAC address.

So being able to change this would be very cool, but the official Luma team would not be interested at all.

I have moved my OTP and other unique information from my old 3DS and this feature would allow me to do that more perfectly.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom