Hacking RGH not reading discs

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My RGH isn't reading original discs no matter how many times I try to put in the disc. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I read that it could be a bad KV or a mismatched dvd key. When I put in a disc I just get a no disc error. Please help.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can get the dvd key with dashlaunch or xell, but I don't know if it would be mismatched as well.

How can I tell if the issue is a mismatched dvdkey or something else? Xell seems to detect that a drive is plugged in. I don't even hear the drive trying to read the disc. Xell says I have a PLDS DG-16D4S.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that I'm not sure of. some people actually remove their dvd drive with an rgh/jtag, and put in another fan. removing the drive will cause the power light to flash when on, but there's a patch for it. there's also I think a way to solder some wires to prevent that from happening.

Reactions: Kopimist

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was it working before? If not could be the power plug is loose inside since you mentioned the drive doesn't move at all.

Reactions: Kopimist

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or maybe the lense was dusty, and somehow that helped the laser to move/shake what's obscuring it.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be, if it was a DVD-5 disc and the laser acts differently than when it reads X360. But honestly it could be glitch or something, the disc drive was inactive for certain periods and it took a few tries to get it back to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...