ROM Hack COMPLETED Splash Loader NX

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Figured I would create something while I was in this scene, so I decided to take my knowledge of Windows Batch, and make something slightly useful for people who want to Switch betwen their prefered Splash Screen if they're using a compatble Payload, or CFW that supports it, Currently this Tool only works with Windows 7/8/10 based OS's as it uses batch unless someone knows a way to port this to Mac/Linux.

NOTE: Despite the name this doesn't load anything onto your Switch I apologize for those who thought this, it's just a simple Manager for organizing Multiple Splash.bin Files, and Switching between them, these Splash.bin files can be run from your SD Root using a seperate payload on Switch Boot, check Here for more information on setting that up.

SplashLoaderNX

A Tool for Managing, all of your Splash.bin files for your Auto-CFW Hekate Enabled Nintendo Switch

Installation
  1. Simply Place the "Splash" Folder with the "Splash Loader.exe" Inside it on the Root of your Hekate/Atmosphere SD Card.

2. Then Place a Splash.bin File, and Rename it "Splash#.bin", # = Number/Anything Without a Space.
(EX; Splash1.bin, Splash2.bin, or SplashCool, SplashLame, etc)

3. Set-up is Complete, you can now Start the program, and follow the instructions if you want to Switch Between Splash Files "Easily".

sMYoq6t.png

Download Lastest Release

(v1.2) Added A Few Small Features, and Improvements

• Main Menu
  • Delete Function
  • Bug Fixes

Last edited by Proto-Propski,

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds cool

Thank-you ^_^ it's kind of a novel little program, but I originally made this as a personal Tool, as I do for most of my batch programs, but I liked it as I have a Shortcut for it on my desktop, and use it often to move between my personal Splash Screens, so I figured I'd at least release it, it isn't the prettiest of Tools especially for a batch file, but it does it's job of deleting copying, and renaming the files well, and if anything I'll add some more design, and feautres latter down the road, if I get around to it, some planned features are.
  • Make a True Main Menu
  • Add a Delete Option For Chosen Splash Files
  • Display Avalible Splash Names On The Splash Select Screen
Just to name a few of the more reasonable goals for a program as simple as this.

salamandrusker

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Figured I would create something while I was in this scene, so I decided to take my knowledge of Windows Batch, and make something slightly useful for people who want to Switch betwen their prefered Splash Screen if they're using a compatble Payload, or CFW that supports it, Currently this Tool only works with Windows 7/8/10 based OS's as it uses batch unless someone knows a way to port this to Mac/Linux.

SplashLoaderNX

A Tool for Managing, and Loading all of your Splash.bin files for your Auto-CFW Hekate Enabled Nintendo Switch

Installation
  1. Simply Place the "Splash" Folder with the "Splash Loader.exe" Inside it on the Root of your Hekate/Atmosphere SD Card.

2. Then Place a Splash.bin File, and Rename it "Splash#.bin", # = Number/Anything Without a Space.
(EX; Splash1.bin, Splash2.bin, or SplashCool, SplashLame, etc)

3. Set-up is Complete, you can now Start the program, and follow the instructions if you want to Switch Between Splash Files "Easily".

sMYoq6t.png

Download Lastest Release

(v1.2) Added A Few Small Features, and Improvements

• Main Menu
  • Delete Function
  • Bug Fixes

oh my god, we have returned to the time of commodore amiga 500 and customizable menu. good idea so it is combined with auto rcm -payloads to have own boot menu

Thank you for creating it

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh my god, we have returned to the time of commodore amiga 500 and customizable menu. good idea so it is combined with auto rcm -payloads to have own boot menu

Thank you for creating it

You give me more credit then I actually deserve lol, this is just a very basic File Manager built using Batch specifically intended to make replacing between Multiple Splash Screens easier from your Windows OS, and you'll need this Payload to even load Splash Screens pre-boot, it unfortunately doesn't boot on the Switch itself, just your Windows OS through the CMD Line Interface, a old-school type program.

Made it as more of a quality of life tool, as I have a lot of Splash Screens I switch between every, so often. sry for the confusion I'm seeing where you're drawing it from, I'm fixing some of my poorly chosen words now, and the name "Splash Loader" doesn't help, I should rebrand it as "Splash Manager" not the best first release if I mess it's first impressions up *sigh*.

Reactions: salamandrusker

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does this only work with auto-CFW? Can't I just get the splash screen when I run the CFW manually?

Yes, unfortunately there's no other way to load a Splash Screen on Hekate without modifiying it todo so, this is just a companion tool to the SwitchBlade Mod of Hekate, also if this tool doesn't get replaced latter on, I might see about updating it if it doesn't already work in it's current state with the future release of AtmosphereNX.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book.