strange thing i found

rantex92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey guys i found a strange thing while checkin up on my order status :

im from germany and our steam deck site on the steam shop got changed recently out of couriousity ive read the whole thing again
and i noticed that now it says that the 2230 m2 wont be changeable for endusers :

"Alle Modele verwenden gesockelte 2230-m.2-Module (nicht für den Ersatz durch Endkunden vorgesehen).
Alle Modelle besitzen einen Hochgeschwindigkeits-microSD-Kartensteckplatz."

that roughly translate to

"
All models use socketed 2230 m.2 modules(not exchangable for endusers)
All models include high-speed microSD card slot"

so my questions is now :

- does the text got changed anywhere else in the world too?

-will there be regional differences with the steam deck?

-did they go full on apple and will they solder the m.2 to the board now?

-if i change it myself will there any warranty issues?

my personal opinion :

its just some "technicality" they have to say but its still kinda odd that they changed that

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
On my page it says: "not intended for end-user replacement". It hasn't changed. As for warranty, I think it could void warranty. If you happen to break something in the process, I don't believe it would be covered by warranty. I heard it's a pretty easy process but always better to take extra care. In case you don't break anything and manage to put it together and it breaks later down the line for some other reason, I'm not too sure if they'd be able to easily tell whether you've opened it up or whether just opening the device automatically voids warranty. Im curious about that actually, one of the reasons why im holding off on changing my ssd for the time being.

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: