Super Smash Bros. invitational contestants revealed

smash-bros-invitational-656x369.jpg

In the week leading up to E3, Nintendo will be holding a competition where a select few get to be the first of the public to try out the upcoming Smash Bros game for the Nintendo Switch. Eight of the supposed best Smash Bros. players have been selected, and will play in an invitational tournament which will be livestreamed, and will be the first time we get to see some actual gameplay. Professional Smash players such as Armada, ZeRo, MkLeo, Abadango, Lucky, Mr. R, Mang0, and Plup, all of which are top tier EVO or GENESIS competitors.

The invitational will take place right after the Splatoon 2 World Championships on the first day of E3 2018. Afterwards, there will be two playable demos available to the public, one on E3's show floor, and one at the New York Nintendo World Store.

Who will emerge victorious when eight talented players from around the world compete in the Super Smash Bros. game for the Nintendo Switch system? The world will find out during the Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 tournament taking place the same week as the E3 2018 trade show in Los Angeles.

In a recently released video, Nintendo revealed a global list of invited players that will compete to see who will reign supreme in the upcoming livestreamed event. The announced lineup of competitors includes:

MkLeo – A professional Super Smash Bros. for Wii U player from Mexico. His favorite Nintendo game is Fire Emblem. He was the champion at GENESIS 4 and GENESIS 5. He was also the EVO Japan 2018 champion.

ZeRo – A professional Super Smash Bros. for Wii U player from Chile. His favorite Nintendo game is Xenoblade Chronicles. His hobbies include writing and motocross. He was the champion at EVO 2015 and GENESIS 3. He also won the Super Smash Bros. Invitational in 2014.

Armada – A professional Super Smash Bros. Melee player from Sweden. His favorite Nintendo game is Super Mario 64. His hobbies include ice hockey and table tennis. He’s the GENESIS 2 singles champion and the GENESIS 4 doubles champion.

Abadango – A professional Super Smash Bros. for Wii U player from Japan. His favorite Nintendo franchise is the Xenoblade series. His hobbies include watching anime and reading. He was the runner-up at EVO Japan 2018. He also ranked in the top five at EVO 2016 and GENESIS 4.

Plup – A professional Super Smash Bros. Melee player from Florida. His favorite Nintendo game is Super Metroid, and his favorite Nintendo memory is beating Super Metroid for the first time. He was the champion at GENESIS 5.

Mr. R – A professional Super Smash Bros. for Wii U player from the Netherlands. His favorite Nintendo game is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. His hobbies include reading manga and traveling. He was the runner-up at EVO 2015.

Lucky – A professional Super Smash Bros. Melee player from California. His favorite Nintendo game is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. He ranked in the top five at EVO 2017 and at GENESIS 5.

Mang0 – A professional Super Smash Bros. Melee player from California. His favorite Nintendo game is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. He was the champion at EVO 2014.

Each of these players will be playing the Super Smash Bros. game for the Nintendo Switch system for the first time at this event. Anything could happen! There will also be some other invited guests that might be playing Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch. More information will be announced at a later time.

Nintendo’s festivities at E3 kick off with two days of high-level competitive action. On Monday, June 11, from 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. PT, international teams will ink their way to glory in the opening rounds of the Splatoon 2 World Championship tournament. The finals will take place the following day on Tuesday, June 12, immediately followed by the Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 tournament.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what i meant is like they dedicate their WHOLE LIFE just to a single video game, that's all they do. I can understand loving video games (like literally everyone on this site), but you must have a lot of time on your hands if you can dedicate so much into a single game.
Then you mean addicted not dedicated. For most people dedicated has a very positive connotation to it like beeing passionate about and always working to become better and not that guy really should go more often outside, this junkie.

Last edited by VitaType,

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one at the New York Nintendo World Store.

Yeeahhhhhh, see yous June 12th.

Swear to Hekate, I hope this shit doesn't happen again:

re-introducing a few high-level Melee mechanics?

Wave to the dash. I'm sure the positive reception Brawlout had (with wavedashing) influenced them to reincorporate it.

Reactions: Deleted User

Selman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Can't wait for this to happen!!!
I love the fact that Nintendo is taking the competitive route! But they'll be having Smash 4 AND Melee players?!?!

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what i meant is like they dedicate their WHOLE LIFE just to a single video game, that's all they do. I can understand loving video games (like literally everyone on this site), but you must have a lot of time on your hands if you can dedicate so much into a single game.
But most of them do not. Look at Mang0, he streams Mario Kart 8, Fortnite, and CS:GO all the time along side his melee streaming. There's also Leffen who has become a pro at DBZF so he's ranked high in Melee and that game now as well. I know a lot of them play other games, there may be some that only play smash, but most of them that I know of play a multitude of others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64