The Christian Gamers Group

Testimonials - How Did Jesus Find You?

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well here goes, I have always known God was REAL and has ALWAYS BEEN THERE.

Unfortunately same goes for the others I have had a few Paranormal issues on and off in my life from no age earliest I can remember is from 5 Years old.

A family member passed away and I referred to their body as a shell at 8 years old.

However I never actually reached out to Jesus or God for that matter until a family member got bad news and I broke down in tears on my knees pleading and begging to turn that bad news into Good News at 15 years old.

Sure enough Prayers where answered and all was well and Promises Kept even though I failed to keep mine God is Good.

2015 Things got really intense for me constantly feeling and being sick and felt like dying even recently shit creeps up.

Anxiety / Depression and I do believe it self inflicted possible Sin or Curse so I now walk streets at night and local park pitch black and silence to gather my thoughts and talk to my Father in Heaven.

Jesus Christ is my Lord my God my Savior and my King.

All Glory to my Father in Heaven.

I am Blessed to have the Holy Spirit guiding me in my life the problem is I should listen more often.

GodBless those who read this and may you welcome God into your life I promise your life will change for the better the hardest part is letting go.

May God give you a Calm Sound and Peaceful Mind.

Last edited by CORE,
  • Wow
Reactions: HarveyHouston

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I think when I was 4 or 5, I was watching one of those televised church sessions, where people ask to be saved. I remember watching it and going, "mom, what are they doing? what does it mean to be saved?" and my mom explained that Jesus died for our sins and people were accepting Jesus into their hearts and etc. In simple terms for a toddler. I didn't really understand, obviously, but I was like, oh neato.

A few years later, my mom brought it up again, telling me a bit more about what it all meant. And I remember it being a little scary--like, I wasn't even 10, so it's a frightening concept to even think about, let alone even remotely understand at that age, that humans are flawed, that mankind sins, and that God sent his son, who is also himself, kinda, to come be among humans, and then be killed by people, in order to take on every possible bad action that man will ever commit. I remember being like, oh God seems pretty cool, lol, and then I asked God to be saved.

My family is majorly religious--like, my great grandmother went to church just about any day she could, to play the piano and sing hymns. Everything about her life was dedicated to Jesus. So it was important that her daughter and her daughter's daughter's daughter, etc etc all believed. I'm not really vocal about my beliefs like she was, and I don't exactly go to church, but I at least believe pretty strongly.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think when I was 4 or 5, I was watching one of those televised church sessions, where people ask to be saved. I remember watching it and going, "mom, what are they doing? what does it mean to be saved?" and my mom explained that Jesus died for our sins and people were accepting Jesus into their hearts and etc. In simple terms for a toddler. I didn't really understand, obviously, but I was like, oh neato.

A few years later, my mom brought it up again, telling me a bit more about what it all meant. And I remember it being a little scary--like, I wasn't even 10, so it's a frightening concept to even think about, let alone even remotely understand at that age, that humans are flawed, that mankind sins, and that God sent his son, who is also himself, kinda, to come be among humans, and then be killed by people, in order to take on every possible bad action that man will ever commit. I remember being like, oh God seems pretty cool, lol, and then I asked God to be saved.

My family is majorly religious--like, my great grandmother went to church just about any day she could, to play the piano and sing hymns. Everything about her life was dedicated to Jesus. So it was important that her daughter and her daughter's daughter's daughter, etc etc all believed. I'm not really vocal about my beliefs like she was, and I don't exactly go to church, but I at least believe pretty strongly.
You dont need to go to Church if you do that fine but you are the Church.

Temple of God as Jesus said to the Jews at the time "Teardown this Temple and I will rebuild it in three days." After asking Jesus of proof of a miracle he is the Messiah and of course in they're Ignorance thought he was talking about the Temple Grounds desecrated with Money Changers and Market Place.

To build a Human Vessel in 3 days and risen from physical Death is more significant than a building made of mere clay and stone.

Reactions: HarveyHouston

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You dont need to go to Church if you do that fine but you are the Church.

Temple of God as Jesus said to the Jews at the time "Teardown this Temple and I will rebuild it in three days." After asking Jesus of proof of a miracle he is the Messiah and of course in they're Ignorance thought he was talking about the Temple Grounds desecrated with Money Changers and Market Place.

To build a Human Vessel in 3 days and risen from physical Death is more significant than a building made of mere clay and stone.
@Chary What he says is true. Now, if your spirit is being enriched by the people who attend the brick-and-mortar building, then you shouldn't leave, because it obviously is a good environment for you. However, if you find that you're not growing in your faith - things seem a little stagnant, or you actually feel like God is moving away - then perhaps it's time to rethink religion. You not going to a church is fine, but in order to grow in Christ, you need to have a relationship with him.

Being a Christian is not just a set of moral rules (albeit good to live by); it's getting to know God better and trusting in his purpose for your life, regardless of what you might go through. It's a relationship with one who loves you, not a monarchy that you need to obey in order to stay in the king's good graces. That's true of ANY relationship!

Chary, God loves you so much, and he wants you to know him better. It's not complicated to live for Christ, but it is hard to profess your faith in this world because so many people are lost, thinking they know the way when they don't. Having a relationship with other people is something they can't even do very well, much less a supernatural being that they can't even see with their own eyeballs. That's why it's important when there is someone who can show you the way to live and be free of sin - and Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father [God] except through me."

Your testimonial is very touching, but don't stop growing! There's so much more to life than what we see or hear - and it's exciting! :D

Reactions: CORE

Latest photos

Group events

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: