TOTK 60fps on real hardware?

Amalox

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Going to leave this here for anyone who hasn't been able to get this to work with the latest version of HOS (17.0.1), ToTK (1.2.1) and DynamicFPS (1.5.5):

As of right now ToTK 1.2.1 does not seem to be supported by DynamicFPS, so in order to get it to work I had to downgrade to 1.2.0. Everything works great now, even cutscenes. There is still a black background when switching gear, but it honestly doesn't bother me too much.

In order to reach 60fps speeds I had to install 4IFIR 1.9 as well as the 17.0.x hotfix. 4MODS comes with DynamicFPS 1.5.1 which doesn't work for ToTK 1.2.0, so you'll have to download and install 1.5.5 yourself. Maybe other people have had more luck with getting ToTK 1.2.1 to work, but after trying all sorts of different patches for hours this is the only thing that worked for me.

And now for a small rant, am I the only one very annoyed by the fact that the 4IFIR suite replaces the button shortcuts and inserts the 4IFIR name everywhere? Even the freaking Hekate loading screen is replaced by some dumb image. It works amazing for overclocking, don't get me wrong, but damn, they could have been more subtle about it.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
but damn, they could have been more subtle about it.
Welcome to 4IFIR, made by guy who took not his work, rebranded it and acts like scene savior... for years. If you don't want to support such toxic behavior, switch to OC-Suite and other original tools.

I am currently making 60 FPS patch for FPSLocker for ToTK which should be enough for anybody trying to play on hardware. Only issue is that with it it's not possible to load mods until you install additional file to exefs layeredfs.
It seems to work fine except for few shrines where you can just lower FPS to make them work properly again.

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: Blythe93

fFEA8qv9W

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,
I've OC my switch with sys-mem and using 1.1.0 version of the game.

How could i upgrade internal resolution to 1080P and have 60 fps OUTSIDE the Cutscenes please ? What files should i use and where shoud i put it ? I'm using atmosphere.

I'm trying to obtain something like Zelda TOTK Runs At 60FPS On THE Original Hardware/Switch {No Emulation} video on youtube.

Regards

Last edited by fFEA8qv9W,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How could i upgrade internal resolution to 1080P and have 60 fps OUTSIDE the Cutscenes please ?
:rofl2:Impossible, just give up. 900p is barely possible to handle at 60 FPS with ridiculously high GPU clocks. The most realistic scenario for most people is 540-720p 60 FPS. And dunno why you emphasize cutscenes when they are less demanding than let's say Kakariko village.
Post automatically merged:

I'm trying to obtain something like Zelda TOTK Runs At 60FPS On THE Original Hardware/Switch {No Emulation} video on youtube.
This video provides outdated info, you can now get 2400 MHz RAM with any RAM module in Mariko as long as you are not afraid of touching voltages (in case of my MGCJ I needed to use 1200/650 mV and lock GPU Vmin to 610). Plus it plays in 540-720p range, not 1080p. If you will update game to version 1.2.1, you have FPSLocker patch available to download from overlay that includes dynamic speed, triple buffer and dynamic resolution fix for FPS target.

Last edited by masagrator,

fFEA8qv9W

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
:rofl2:Impossible, just give up. 900p is barely possible to handle at 60 FPS with ridiculously high GPU clocks. The most realistic scenario for most people is 540-720p 60 FPS. And dunno why you emphasize cutscenes when they are less demanding than let's say Kakariko village.

This video provides outdated info, you can now get 2400 MHz RAM with any RAM module in Mariko as long as you are not afraid of touching voltages (in case of my MGCJ I needed to use 1200/650 mV). Plus it plays in 540-720p range, not 1080p. If you will update game to version 1.2.1, you have FPSLocker patch available to download from overlay that includes dynamic speed, triple buffer and dynamic resolution fix for FPS target.

Because cutscenes in 60 fps speed it up. So i would like cutscenes to stay in 30 fps.

How can i modify voltages on my switch and what are the safe values ?

I've already install FPS locker while following the igthub tutorial, but i don't know how to/config or use it for TOTK. Any tips ?

Thanks for your answer

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Because cutscenes in 60 fps speed it up
Prerendered cutscenes - yes. Not all cutscenes. FPSLocker patch locks prerendered ones to 30 FPS.

but i don't know how to/config or use it for TOTK.
Connect your Switch to internet, go to FPSLocker overlay, Advanced settings, "Check/download config file", if it will successfully download, you will have an option "Convert config to patch", click on it, restart game and change FPS to 60. Config file is available only for 1.2.1. Use latest FPSLocker version if you don't want issues with romfs mods in ToTK before downloading config.

How can i modify voltages on my switch and what are the safe values ?
Seek help on 60FPS discord in overclocking channel. https://discord.com/invite/5qexPkQcBq

fFEA8qv9W

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Connect your Switch to internet, go to FPSLocker overlay, Advanced settings, "Check/download config file", if it will successfully download, you will have an option "Convert config to patch", click on it, restart game and change FPS to 60. Config file is available only for 1.2.1. Use latest FPSLocker version if you don't want issues with romfs mods in ToTK before downloading config.
1/ I'm kinda trying to understand how mods works on switch. I'm trying to put files in atmosphere/contents/<gametitleID>/romfs but it didn't work (at least for LOZ mods fps from here).

2/ Could i get the config file for totk and install it manually ? I'm not confident to go online with my modified switch.

Thank you for the discord i will check into it !

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
at least for LOZ mods fps from here
My guess is that this particular mod goes to exefs, not romfs folder. Advise: you must decide what you want to use, you can't use FPSLocker patch and exefs fps mod at the same time, there is a high chance game will break.
Available exefs fps mods stop cheats from working btw.

Could i get the config file for totk and install it manually ? I'm not confident to go only with my modified switch.
The easiest way: Go here
https://github.com/masagrator/FPSLocker-Warehouse/

Screenshot_2024-02-11-16-38-38-672_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

fFEA8qv9W

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My guess is that this particular mod goes to exefs, not romfs folder. Advise: you must decide what you want to use, you can't use FPSLocker patch and exefs fps mod at the same time, there is a high chance game will break.
Available exefs fps mods stop cheats from working btw.
What is the tree structure when you want to use exefs mods with atmosphere for a specific game ? (like multiple mods)
The easiest way: Go here
I've extract this to my sd card :
FPSLocker-Warehouse/archive/refs/heads/main.zip

I've downloaded this :
FPSLocker-Warehouse/blob/main/atmosphere/contents/0100F2C0115B6000/exefs/main.npdm
FPSLocker-Warehouse/blob/main/SaltySD/plugins/FPSLocker/patches/0100F2C0115B6000/9B4E43650501A4D4.yaml

I've put the main.npdm is the right folder as mention.

So now, what do i do to have my game running 720p/900p 60fps ? Apart from oc and modifying voltage (that i will do after having the correct files/config setup). Also what do i do with the .yaml ?

Thanks.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Also what do i do with the .yaml ?
"Copy the SaltySD and atmosphere folder to root of your sdcard" It's in the readme.
Then:
you will have an option "Convert config to patch", click on it, restart game and change FPS to 60.

What is the tree structure when you want to use exefs mods with atmosphere for a specific game ? (like multiple mods)
This topic is complicated as there can be conflicts between different exefs mods, so I don't want to discuss this.

Manin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any way to get working 4ifir in 17.0.1?

is there any way to get working 4ifir in 17.0.1?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop getting your creamy paste all over
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    DO NOT WORK FOR ME :(
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think he has a wedgie, and is afraid to fix it in public.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else he caught one of those Florida STD's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis difficulty meter is Stds like how south park made it race color
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah it's skin color for difficulty in south park

is it, by that logic, blackface to play on the hardest difficulty if you're white?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Psi, you ever been on a date and ran into another past date? And how did you handle it? Just curious.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He just says this is the neighbor across the block and says sorry their mail got mixed up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, this sounds unhinged, but someone (i forgot who) saying they'd want to make their left 4 dead team wario, samus, captain falcon and nester gave me the idea for a quick round of fuck marry kill/bed wed behead
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck marry kill:
    wario, samus, captain falcon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.