Homebrew Homebrew app [WIP] Launchiine - A Wii U Menu replacement

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you even if this forum if you believe that nonsense? You do realize GC, DS, and Wii games, not to mention VC and eShop games can appear on said menu, right? A level 26 really shouldn't be trollin' like this, Jayro.

By the way, my physical Wii U collection is 116 and my eShop collection is 186, so I am already over the limit before even considering VC, GC, DS and Wii games. YOU may not like the 302 I have chosen, but you are simply wrong that there aren't 300 good games on the Wii U. Hell, I don't even have one of the little kids games that might actually be considered good for that crowd.

I agree with @Jayro, I don't think there are 300 good Wii U games (specifically Wii U, not counting VC), but that's just my opinion.

For people who only have a single hard drive I can see the appeal of bypassing the limit imposed by Nintendo. My collection of Wii and Gamecube games has around 260 games, and I have probably 60 Wii U games, not counting n64, DS, etc. And while it would be great to have everything on a single drive, I think the main reason there hasn't been much progress in bypassing the title limit is because you can just get a second hard drive for Wii and Gamecube games, which makes the limit irrelevant for most people.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I agree with @Jayro, I don't think there are 300 good Wii U games (specifically Wii U, not counting VC), but that's just my opinion.

For people who only have a single hard drive I can see the appeal of bypassing the limit imposed by Nintendo. My collection of Wii and Gamecube games has around 260 games, and I have probably 60 Wii U games, not counting n64, DS, etc. And while it would be great to have everything on a single drive, I think the main reason there hasn't been much progress in bypassing the title limit is because you can just get a second hard drive for Wii and Gamecube games, which makes the limit irrelevant for most people.
Exactly right, I only meant Wii U games, and fully support having Wii and GC games on a separate drive.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I also agree with @Jayro

Yeah...the wii u had some good titles. I have a bunch of games installed on my Wii u, but played around 5-10 games. The rest are trash.
It's a shame Nintendo wasted the Twilight Princess HD and Windwaker HD ports on the Wii U instead of the Switch, I want those on Switch more than any other ports they might have left. (I'd also welcome Metroid Prime 2 and 3)

• Love
Reactions: BaamAlex

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
It's a shame Nintendo wasted the Twilight Princess HD and Windwaker HD ports on the Wii U instead of the Switch, I want those on Switch more than any other ports they might have left. (I'd also welcome Metroid Prime 2 and 3)
I dunno...but I would give Nintendo any amount of money for these games. Twilight princess or wind waker on the switch...goodness...that'd be nice.

Let's hope they give us these games this year.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
There's not even 300 good games on the Wii U.
1715054140359.png

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno...but I would give Nintendo any amount of money for these games. Twilight princess or wind waker on the switch...goodness...that'd be nice.

Let's hope they give us these games this year.

It would be awsome, but with Nintendo being so unpredictable I'd say our most likely options are either getting nothing, or getting Metroid Prime 3 Remaster as the last game released for the console.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It would be awsome, but with Nintendo being so unpredictable I'd say our most likely options are either getting nothing, or getting Metroid Prime 3 Remaster as the last game released for the console.
Nintendo typically ends and begins their console lifecycles with a Zelda game... And we thought Tears of the Kingdom meant the death of the Switch, but that didn't happen, so they might have something else down the pipeline for a final sendoff, and I hope it's the two games I mentioned earlier.

Reactions: tmnr1992

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My member is pretty well known lol