Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Requisites:
- this archive;
- WiFi connection/LAN Adapter! (if you want to do it offline, see here but it's really dangerous...)
- BannerBomb.
- Your Wii MUSTN'T have a serial number starting with LU64 or LU65. Use the HackMii Installer to install The Homebrew Channel, but you can't downgrade (yet).
No cIOS required!

1) Unpack the archive linked above.
2) Do a full backup of your SD card on the PC, and DELETE everything from the card.
3) Copy BannerBomb to the SD card.
4) Copy the content of the "SD Root" folder in the archive to the root of the SD card.
5) On the Wii, launch boot.dol using BannerBomb, then go to "downgradetools" in the SD and choose notDVDX34.dol. Pick "Downgrade IOS35", wait for it to end and come back to the menu, then exit.
- If it says that "you're a pirate" delete also all your VC/WiiWare pirated channels (with AnyTitle Deleter or WAD Manager), execute NandClean.dol, choose to delete "dvdx 3.4's gift" and try again
grog.gif

6) Launch PatchMii IOS Downgrader.dol, you may need to launch it from LoadMii 1 or 2 times, until it's needed
wink2.gif

7) When it says "IOS 249 (Rev 5) loaded successfully", install all of the IOSes except IOS35 (with trucha patch). If you want, you can also install System Menu 3.2 or 4.0, but MAKE SURE that its IOS has been installed correctly:
- System Menu 3.2 requires IOS30;
- System Menu 4.0 requires IOS60.

Note: The cIOS that is now installed on your console doesn't have "backup loading" capabilities, use cIOS Installer by Waninkoko to get this.

Thanks to comex for DVDX 3.4 and BannerBomb, to WiiPower for providing a version of the WAD Manager source compatible with the latest devkitPro and libogc, to WB3000 for NUS Downloader and to tona for IOS50&WiiShop Installer and PatchMii cIOS Installer.

gloscherrybomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting, I'd love to test it out, is it brick proof? Bit worried about being the first. If you're correct though I love you like a fat kid loves cake.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
gloscherrybomb said:
Interesting, I'd love to test it out, is it brick proof? Bit worried about being the first. If you're correct though I love you like a fat kid loves cake.
It has been tested successfully
happy.gif

gloscherrybomb

Trophies
XP
Country
One more question, I'm on linux so cant use the bat. Is the file definitely called cios_fix.wad and is there only one version?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Would this work on a stock 4.0 wii assuming a way could be found to run a .dol file, such as Comdex's BaNNeRBoMB?

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
nl255 said:
Would this work on a stock 4.0 wii assuming a way could be found to run a .dol file, such as Comdex's BaNNeRBoMB?
Yes, and this way we could also install the HBC wad (unfortunately, the exploit that the HBC installer used has been fixed).
@gloscherrybomb: yes, it's called "cios_fix.wad"
smile.gif

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Brian117 said:
I just used AnyRegionChanger from on 4.0 and went back to 3.2U and my Wii was fine.
If you have trucha-enabled IOSes/cIOS (you probably used waninkoko's tool to upgrade to 4.0) that's perfectly normal.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yeah...but to be honest, who would NOT use the cIOS? Wouldn't you want to look more into the firmware first than to update right away?

Meh. Sorry.

gloscherrybomb

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not necessarily our fault... younger siblings and stuff! And anyway so what if people were stupid and moved the homebrew channel to sd or upgraded without a cios.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Brian117 said:
Well yeah...but to be honest, who would NOT use the cIOS? Wouldn't you want to look more into the firmware first than to update right away?

Meh. Sorry.

It will be far more useful once a new save exploit or the bannerbomb exploit is released, as you will be able to softmod a brand new, just purchased, wii with system menu 4.0. It will also be useful for people who sent their systems in for repair, as nintendo will update to 4.0 before sending it back.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
good work Davi92 , now the missing link is the HBC installation on new ver4.0 SM with a new exploit
wink.gif
so Comdex work is the one I'm waiting for
wink.gif
, Davi92 keep it up buddy

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
gloscherrybomb said:
It's not necessarily our fault... younger siblings and stuff! And anyway so what if people were stupid and moved the homebrew channel to sd or upgraded without a cios.

You can prevent upgrading (via the offical updater) by turning on parental controls, even if you set everything to unrestricted. Also, you can re-install the homebrew channel by using a wad of it, though you must either have preloader (to load a wad installer) or cioscorp/modchip (to boot a hbc installer iso). Note that you can't use the normal installer ISO, you have to use the one designed for 4.0 available by searching this forum.

AmitZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Can it be done without the HBC?
My friend wants to downgrade just so he could install the HBC.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is currently no way to execute homebrew code on an unmoded wii with version 4.0 on it yet. There should be a new exploit out soon enough...... I hope..... Either way it does happen to be true that the banner bomb exploit is looking quite promising... If nothing else there will likely be another exploit released soon enough.

BTW Does anyone know exactly what Nintendo did to actually block the Twilight hack this time around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.