WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
It's nearly impossible, but the DSi Common Key could be bruteforced. Since this is a large community, it would increase the odds of finding it if as many as possible ran this program.

Updated: (5/5)
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?zjmtdybjlum
+ Speed increase by roughly 16-20 times previous.
+ Fixed writing of common key to file.

Source and binary included (Windows, .NET only). It works by attempting to decrypt NUS DSi content.

Modes described (Bold is recommended mode):
- Standard: Increments from 0. Not recommended unless you are part of a BIG organized attack.
- 'Secure' Random: Generates random, non-zero byte keys to verify with. A good choice.
- '1' Bit Mode: Secure Random, but knows that the first bit of the key is 1, and makes sure the keys follow that rule.
- Standard Random: Obsolete due to uselessness.
- Debug Mode: Use to check certain key validity.

If you should happen to discover the key, be sure to inform someone who knows how to use it; ie. someone at DSiBrew/Wiibrew.

Good luck.
rolleyes.gif

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Sonicslasher said:
So will it tell me if it finds something?

Prints the key to the screen, yes.

QUOTEhm... I doubt it would be of any use if it would take years like you say, why not post on more sites

Standard mode is not recommended, and will take years. Random mode could find the key at any moment, so it might not take years, might never find it.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any chance for some server program who gives a range to calculate. Since no doubt Nintendo will try to counter it, multitudes of the same range could be given. At least there is some more direction then imo.

Also: Will it save which ranges it has done when you quit? So it won't do the same ranges again when you restart again? Or is it completely random (secure random mode))?

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The binary should be updated such that:

1) If the key is found, then it outputs the key to a new file in the same directory. It would really suck if someone happened to get the key and they accidentally closed the program.

2) Instead of outputting random keys tested, instead output number of keys attempted.

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Any chance for some server program who gives a range to calculate. Since no doubt Nintendo will try to counter it, multitudes of the same range could be given. At least there is some more direction then imo.

Well, you can call the program with key parameters for standard mode.

"program.exe AA BB CC DD EE FF 11 22" etc.

I'm not going to do much more work on this. It does what it does. You could in theory make something like that, and create batch scripts to take the key range.

QUOTEThe binary should be updated such that:

Both are things I am considering.

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There should be a web host that logs every key that has been tried so far, and relays these keys to the other users programs so that the key is not tested again.
Might be hard. i dont know
Would be better than setting up a server/botnet so people don't start hacking each other..

DEElekgolo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why not have a server that can list all the keys that have already been tried, this can cutback the time by a ton seeing that the ones that already have been calculated wont be calculated gain. Narrowing it down all the time.

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DEElekgolo said:
Why not have a server that can list all the keys that have already been tried, this can cutback the time by a ton seeing that the ones that already have been calculated wont be calculated gain. Narrowing it down all the time.

This wouldn't work with the random generator scheme, since you'd be checking the key you just generated against all the keys already generated by others (or yourself). It'd be a waste of time in that respect.

It might work if all the possible keys were chopped up into segments and a PC was delegated a range of values to check, incrementally asking the master list for a new range of values to check. However, this would require a dedicated server and a server / client interface. It'd also require a painstaking chopping-up of all possible keys, which would make for a HUGE list. It might not be feasible for us poor folk.

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The keys shown every 1000 are just random. In a future build it will not show them, rather more stats regarding the process.

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omatic said:
DEElekgolo said:

This wouldn't work with the random generator scheme, since you'd be checking the key you just generated against all the keys already generated by others (or yourself). It'd be a waste of time in that respect.

It might work if all the possible keys were chopped up into segments and a PC was delegated a range of values to check, incrementally asking the master list for a new range of values to check. However, this would require a dedicated server and a server / client interface. It'd also require a painstaking chopping-up of all possible keys, which would make for a HUGE list. It might not be feasible for us poor folk.
I guess that's where the botnet comes in.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Euhm, it doesn't have to record every key tried ... how about random ranges of 1.000.000 or 1.000.000.000 per "package" logged? I have no idea how many there are in total, but it shouldn't be that hard to divide them into packages for a range checked.
There seems to be 16 "FF" parts, even on my slow server computer thingy it's doing 1000 per sec ... so 65.535 (16 bit, right?) per min ... 16.777.215 (if I remember correctly) should be about 4.7hours. Seems to be a nice size for a "package". Or even a bigger range and save where it stopped...once done it would upload the result.

Or we could all just calculate randomly and do 40% (just a guess
tongue.gif
) of the same calculations.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
well...this is a windows application.
if you could make it support unix [cos it can like support multiple cpu's]
i could get my dad to get his friend who works at some hot shot tech company to crack it.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wasn't the source-code posted too? Just run it through a compiler...

(It's rather addicting to check ones in a while...any prizes for it yet?
tongue.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol
    19 inches it was glorious lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, If it doesn't fit, you should've gotten one smaller lol
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If a racoon can fit up to 8-inches then so be it
    +1
    Lol it it fits I sit? Lol
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Will it blend lol
    +1
    Blended families!!!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Blended families!!!