Hacking If your trying to run AKAIO on and Acekard2i, read this to save us all

Blake1710

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What with the release of the Acekard2i and the DSi, there has been a huge influx of people complaining about AKAIO not running on the AK2i.

I'm sure that many people have had enough of telling people how to fix it, so i decided to make a topic in hope that people will, stop, think and read.

First, make sure your running the latest version of AKAIO (1.4.1 Proper) download
install correctly (place the _aio folder and the akmenu4.nds on the root)

if you still find your having problems,(and this is where most people come racing to the board and posting, rather than doing a quick search) download the latest loaders for the AK2i which you'll always find the most updated version of here.

replace the existing file in /_aio/loaders (the loaders folder, inside of the _aio folder) with file from the .zip file.

as i said, hopefully some of the people who don't know how to use the search function, will stop asking questions that have already been answered.

also, a extremely good idea for everyone who runs AKAIO, is to read the wiki for AKAIO. Many people have put time and effort into it, and it's a great source of info. AKAIO Wiki

if there is anything that needs adding, just tell me.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
the problem is when the newbies dont search and find this thread
tongue.gif

nice post nonetheless

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Blake1710 said:
If you replace the existing AK2i loader with the downloaded one, it will default to it.

Sorry for asking again, as far as I understand, I just need to replace existing loader (ak2loader.nds) with the one from:
http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/

Right? And, I do not need to go into settings at all to change loader from akaio to ak2 manually, correct?

I have no internet access at home for few days, need to be absolute clear on this, appreciate your help.

Kaoz360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's Correct It will stick to the default loader it on it's own(Which is the ak2i loader),You do not need to change any settings
wink.gif

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Kaoz360 said:
That's Correct It will stick to the default loader it on it's own(Which is the ak2i loader),You do not need to change any settings
wink.gif

Thanks, will try again tonight. Hopefully, it will work properly.
yaynds.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well that's pretty clear. Nicely done Blake1710. Hopefully that will stave off some questions and panic topics.

This topic really shouldn't be necessary, but no use complaining about the rain, I suppose.

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(Kaoz360 @ Apr 24 2009, 01:48 AM)

Thanks, will try again tonight. Hopefully, it will work properly.

now some games wont load with the new AKAIO loaders, but will with the offical 4.16

it would be best to put Akaio 1.4.1proper on your cart, and both the new Akaio and the offical loaders in your _aio/loaders directory.

you only have to go into the rom properties once and it will always start with the loader you picked.

snukems

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
id just like to say thankyou for your help ive been searching through trying to work out where i was going wrong with this custom firmware and when i came across this post i found it very helpful and now im all up and running on akaio thanks to this.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Something I found on the net
yaynds.gif

What is Spoon Feeding?

dictionary.com defines it as follows:
spoon-feed (spnfd)
tr.v. spoon-·fed, (-fd) spoon-·feed·ing, spoon-·feeds

1. To feed (another) with a spoon.
2. To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
3. To provide (another) with knowledge or information in an oversimplified way.
4. To provide (knowledge or information) in an oversimplified way.

Most often on the forums, "spoon feeding" refers to posters who ask questions, and refuse to put any effort or thought into their questions, as well as the answers they receive. They expect every answer to be dumbed down to the last detail, and expect that everyone else do their research for them.

This is usually a characteristic of laziness, and not capability. Hence the saying, "I'm not handicapped, I'm just lazy."

What is wrong with Spoon Feeding?

Nothing, if you are unable to feed yourself.

Examples of individuals who are incapable of feeding themselves include babies (fig. A), quadriplegics, severly injured people (fig. B), comatose people, and sometimes senior citizens. Usually these people also require the use of bedpans and/or diapers.

How does this pertain to me?

If you need to be spoon fed, you most likely fall into the category of the people above who cannot help themselves, and should therefore not be playing with a DS.

What can I do? I want to change!

With just a little time, energy, common sense, and thought on your part, it should be possible to elevate yourself to a whole new level of self, and no longer require spoon feeding.

A really great way to get yourself out of the spoon-feeding rut is to search the forum for what you're looking for or read stickied topics and Wikis.

3376719214_b4cdce769b.jpg

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
^^^I love it.^^^

But you need to add N1nt3nd0gam3r to the list of people unable to feed themselves (aka use Google or the search function).

Accordman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bought myself an acekard 2i after buying my daughter the r4 and preferred the interface on the acecard since all i use it for are roms and not much homebrew rather then a txt reader.

after reading this thread i like the card a whole lot more. thanks for the help much appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte