Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
UPDATE 20/11: New Super Mario Bros. Wii works now on USB-Loaders, SNEEK/UNEEK, Disc-Loaders and ModChips. See the Instructions below![/p]
For USB-Loader Users:
-Try the newest NeoGamma, USBLoader GX, CFG-Loader or WiiFlow, which all should be able to run the clean game.
-Or put the fixed game on your drive, using your favorite manager, and play it with any loader you like.

For SNEEK/UNEEK+DI Users:
-The clean game will work fine, no need to do something.

For Disc-Loader Users (no ModChip, only cIOS):
-Use NeoGamma, be shure to also copy the NeoGamma-Folder, and enable "Search patches". WiiFlow, CFG-Loader and USBLoader GX should also be able to do this.
-The patched game works fine with NeoGamma, USBLoader GX, CFG-Loader or WiiFlow.

ModChip Users:
-Some newer ModChips have been updated to play the game without any patches needed. Currently these are: WODE (which needs a .bca-File, look at my FAQ) and WiiKey 1 and WiiKey 2. Update any play the clean ISO without any problems.
-Use NeoGamma, be shure to also copy the NeoGamma-Folder, and enable "Search patches".
-Or try GeckoOS, and these Cheats for your Region. Place it under /codes/, and activate Ocarina in GeckoOS.http://www.mediafire.com/?zycz0dlluit
-Or download and Install IOS53 and your System IOS (3.2-3.4 = IOS30, 4.0/4.1= IOS60, 4.2=IOS70) and patch them with the Trucha Patch. Use DOP-IOS MOD for this. Then play the patched ISO. You'll need a Wii that is connected to the Internet! ATTENTION: THIS IS DANGEROUS! HAVE BOOTMII AS BOOTv2 AND A BACKUP, OR LIFE WITH THE RISKS!

cIOSCORP/DARKCORP Users:
-Patched game works fine with DARKCORP v1.1.

Retail Disc Users:
-Disc will work fine from GeckoOS and DiscChannel
-It doesn't matter if you have a ModChip or a cIOS. The retail Disc will work fine!

Patching/Fixing the ISO:

1) Download the WiiScrubber 1.40 Package
2) Run the "MakeKeyBin.exe"
3) Open WiiScrubber, and select your ISO
4) Search for the main.dol -> right click -> Extract
5) Download THIS Package here, and your favourite PPF-Patcher (ex. PPF-O-Matic)
6) Open your PPF-Patcher, choose the main.dol for input and the PPFf-Patch for your region, and klick apply.
7) Back in WiiScrubber, search again for the main.dol, right klick -> Replace and select the patched main.dol
8) Done. Exit WiiScrubber, and enjoy!

Or you can search for on the know ISO Sites for an already fixed release. DON'T ASK ANYONE WHERE TO GET THESE!!![/p]

What the FAQ?
Q: What do I have to do to make this work?
A: Buy it, since you can't read all the Words above.

Q: Do I have to update?
A: For "Backup-Users": No. Just follow the Steps given. This works on every Version.
For Retail-Users: You'll maybe need to update IOS53. Run the game through GeckoOS, it should do that for you.

Q: Is there any sense in the order of the Solutions?
A: Yes, I've tried to order them. The best solution should be the first one, the last solution the worst one.

Q: I have no Idea what to do with the .dols, etc.
A: Have a Look here, or ask in this Thread (after using the Search, please).

Q: The PPF-Patch doesn't work!
A: Try to apply the Patch to an UNMODIFIED/PATCHED ISO. You can also try the Gecko Cheats, which are the same.

Q: I've already started playing the PAL Version, do I now have to start over in the NTSC-Version?
A: There is actually no differnece between the games, though, have a look here.

Q: I have a WODE-ModChip, but can't create the BCA-File. What do I have to do?
A: I made one. You can download it here. Then simply follow the Instructions WODE gave you.
[/p]

Credits:
-Thanks to this Website, where the Patch was found.
-Thanks to VKI, who made the PPF-Patches
-Thanks to modrobert, who converted the PPF-Patch to Gecko Cheats Codes
-Thanks to WiiPower, who made the Loader Patches
-Thanks to hundshamer, who made the Save Converting-Tut
-Thanks to WiiPower, Dack, Wiiwu, jakejm79, nutta_nic, RetroHero and carbonyle for correcting/giving Infos!
-Thanks for all other Members/Coders contributing and helping!

This Guide belongs to GBATemp and their members! Anyone that copies stuff from it, modify it and/or post it on another Site (yes, I'm watching you!) has at least to give Credit, or put it immediately down! I and the community put a lot of work in it, so respect this please!
[/p]
And please: Don't PM me with questions how to get this to work. Ask in this Thread. Thanks![/p]

(Feel free to correct me. I'll update the first post with Infos if something is wrong.)

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone just chill our for a few days.

I'm sure there will be a fix released by the time the game is OFFICIALLY released.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Code:
And no:
-The Scrubbed Image without Update Partition won't work
-The Scrubbed Image with Update Partition won't work either
-The 1:1 Image doesn't work either
-It doesn't work on Mod Chips
-It also won't work if you install the new IOS53
-It also doesn't work from cIOSCORP with the new patched IOS53
-It doesn't work on any System Menu
-It won't work from any USB Loader regardless of cIOS used
-It also won't work from any other Loader (NeoGamma, GeckoOS, etc..)
[b]-It only works from the retail Disc![/b]

Fixed the engrish a bit
tongue.gif

QUOTE said:
It works on Dolphin Emulator.

"Working"? At 15FPS, max with no sound.

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
As MG4M3R said Dolphin plays it with NO DRE's

To be able to play New Super Mario Bros. Wii on Dolphin with NO errors, hangs which confirms that the scrubbed rip is no bad dump you will need the latest build found here :

http://cid-ec92aae47a89073b.skydrive.live....in?view=details

You will also need Gamecube DSP.zip? found here and place the files in Dolphin\Sys\GC

http://snesorama.us/board/showthread.php?p=390729

And use the settings found here :

http://forums.ngemu.com/1757454-post24.html

Remember to use the LLE Sound plugin in settings. That is the most important thing otherwise you will get stuck at how many players screen.

Markan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm yes it is best to NOT delete one (for example this) topic and just keep it to prevent new ones from being created. Not everyone was there when people discussed in the big topic, so they come to the Forums, see that there is no information about how the game works and of course they create a new one. With a topic like this there, they have no need for it.

Maybe only delete messages like Gamma Tom R9delt as this is no crap-philosophy board, but one for discussing Wii stuff.

Deleting this topic could only lead to 3 new being opened.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we...

1. Delete all the shit posts that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.
2. Lock the thread. Not because it's a "bad" or "pointless" one, but because it'll get the same noob flood as the other one.
3. Temporarily sticky?
4. Hand out warnings (either a % increase or a "hey you kids, knock it off" verbal one) or bans. We need to play hardball here so we don't have jackasses thinking they can trash post.

D

Deleted User

For me it just freezes when trying to load the ISO :/

(on Dolphin.)

There's no "DX9" plugin option...

wannabebassist

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
warmijwilfaain said:
For me it just freezes when trying to load the ISO :/

I get To Start But The Freeze Seems To Be Time Related For Me, If I play fast then it freezez later in the game, ie 1-2 but when i was waiting for my fiancee to pick up her wii remote it wouldnt get past the 1st stage.

nudels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sigma Tom R9delta said:
wannabebassist said:
When Something Happens, It Will Be Everywhere It's A Case Of Wait And See, As For These People (Person) Writing Essasy, WTF Is The Point, Nobody Reads YOur BS Anyway, Nobody Has Time To Read All That

What the FUCK is wrong with your shift key?

Bet he think´s hes cool, well i do not. Anyhow I don´t think we can hope for a release of the New super Mario bros wii within the next 24 hours...

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be the most annoying way ever, but quick save after every level and move the save file to an SD card, if you load the game up and do the level, and it DRE's on you, just go back and transfer the save over. I'm at World 2-3 by this method. Damn you Nintendo...

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good to see noob control in this thread. I saw a bunch of noobish posts earlier, and now they're all gone.

And to R9Delta, you're an idiot.
(I think he made something like 6 dupe accounts)

Posts merged

Good to see noob control in this thread. I saw a bunch of noobish posts earlier, and now they're all gone.

And to R9Delta, you're an idiot.
(I think he made something like 6 dupe accounts)

nudels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sigma Tom R9delta said:
wannabebassist said:
When Something Happens, It Will Be Everywhere It's A Case Of Wait And See, As For These People (Person) Writing Essasy, WTF Is The Point, Nobody Reads YOur BS Anyway, Nobody Has Time To Read All That

What the FUCK is wrong with your shift key?

Bet he think´s hes cool, well i do not. Anyhow I don´t think we can hope for a release of the New super Mario bros wii within the next 24 hours...

D

Deleted User

Oh right, got it working >_> Now there's a problem, using LLE, the sound is completely fucked and freezes after the Select players, on HLE it sounds fine and gets stuck after the select players...

Momdate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FoulPlay said:
This may be the most annoying way ever, but quick save after every level and move the save file to an SD card, if you load the game up and do the level, and it DRE's on you, just go back and transfer the save over. I'm at World 2-3 by this method. Damn you Nintendo...

I use Wiikey 2 and Neogamma r7 and can play about 20-24 minutes everytime before error appears. So for everyone who cannot wait for it try my method and dont forget to save after at least 3 levels - then go back to wii-menue and then start the game again!(Then you do not need to move the savefile to the sd)

Otherwise be patient and go for Super Mario World VC...
biggrin.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Posts to this thread will be moderated mercilessly.
If you have nothing to say, say nothing.
If you have nothing to say, but post anyway, your post will be unceremoniously deleted.
If you genuinely have something of worth to add, feel free.
What you consider a worthy post, I may not, and may delete it at my discretion.

Thanks guys.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more concerned about the method behind this protection than anything else. I really want to know how they pulled off what they did. It's like a mystery.

And of course it's pretty pivotal as well. If it isn't cracked then it will likely be on every game released ending backups until it is cracked. Pretty meaningful battle right here.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
In the previous thread kongsnutz said he had send an full iso of the game to a group who was going to see if they could figure out this new Copy Protection. Has anyone heard from kongsnutz or the group?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water