I did some projects..
OP
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
New thread for this game, but is necessary, because i have a lot of information to tell to all interested in this.
I started with the UNDUB project, because this game was ugly dubbed, in special, the opening theme.
I manage to fix that, but others problems starting to show. Now i manage to fix nearly all problems:

a) UNDUB is nearly finished:
- Japanese voices (when the character or your partner attacks).
- Press Start Screen: In the previous version, this screen didn't have sound, NOW have the original JP music.
- Opening Theme: In japanese, WITH the US video (you only notice the difference when you see the video and show the part of the logo of Phantasy Star Zero with japanese characters under the logo).
b) Japanese Items:
- I manage to find the way to have the JP items in the US version. Is a texture file that I reinserted and magic! JP items without problems.
c) What we need to finish 100%:
- JP Items didn't have the special sound like the original (at least Mario's Warp Pipe Bazooka sounds like a generic Bazooka).
- JP Items have the same name as a generic weapon. For example, Hylia Shield is called Shield, but IS Hylia Shield.
- Able to edit the .mods files (video scenes) and undub it.

* PATCH: PS0_UNDUB_V2 | MIRROR
- YOU NEED TO USE THIS VERSION OF PS0: Phantasy_Star_Zero_USA_PROPER_NDS-BAHAMUT without trim (128 mb).
Note: After patching the game, you can trim it!

* Action Replay code to bypass the AP (by KazoWAR):
- This patch DOESN'T modify the ID of the game, having the SAME ID as the original game, so, the AR codes are 100% compatible with this patch, so here is the AR code for the AP.
- If you want, you can use DSATM to patch (in this patch) the AR code and not have to use it with a cheat.
020C5464 E3A00000
020C5468 E12FFF1E
020C557C E3A00000
020C5580 E12FFF1E
020C590C E3A00000
020C5910 E12FFF1E
020C5A14 E3A00000
020C5A18 E12FFF1E
020C5EBC E3A00000
020C5EC0 E12FFF1E
020C5F7C E3A00000
020C5F80 E12FFF1E
020C603C E3A00000
020C6040 E12FFF1E
020C6114 E3A00000
020C6118 E12FFF1E

* More Technical Information:
If you want to know what files was modified, this are some:
a) sound/sound_data_bgm.sdat:
- This file have all music files.
- US version have a extra file, and that's the reason that my first undub doesn't have music in the press start screen. (Now is Fixed!)
- I replaced some internal files in the .sdat file, like SEQ_BGM_TITLE.sseq with a copy version of SEQ_BGM_MAIN.sseq (original used by JP version).
- In .sdat, i reinserted 083-STRM_OPENING.STRM with the JP version, making posible the JP Opening Theme.
b) sound_data_se.sdat -> Character voices, a simple replaced action to have JP voices.
c) items/weapons.zarc -> Items textures. (Now has the JP items!)

Test and enjoy. If you want to contribute with this project, post your discoveries here.
Oh, and BTW, with the patch, the game trimmed have the size of 115mb and not 116 like the US version unpatched.
biggrin.gif

FehnrirX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is there a patch for bahamut version? since i can't play it even on no$gba. always stop after the first movie part.

NeoMatrix2525

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I have to say is thanks! I've been waiting to see the nintendo weapons in the US version. Now all we need are the warp sound effects for the warp pipe bazookas
biggrin.gif
, it doesn't matter much to me if the proper names make it in there or not, I know what they are
nyanya.gif
. Anyway, thanks again!

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Proper names, sound effect and right description will do my game perfect, but is better not asking too much.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
OP
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Good that the patch works fine with all
yaynds.gif

I will try to fix things like JP Weapons custom sounds, name, etc..

BTW, i tried to unpack .narc in this game and isn't possible to do.
Also, it has some .zarc files with the same problem.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CyrusBlue said:
This is fantastic but what about the Xenophobia dump? Its only one that works on the M3.Bahamut and Xenophobia are the same ROM.
It's just that Xenophobia underdumped(?) their ROM leaving off a few MB worth of "FF" characters -- that's what gets cut off when you trim the ROM.
There should be no reason that Xenophobia's ROM works but Bahamut's doesn't (the opposite can't be said though... XPA's didn't work on my R4/YSMenu).

QUOTE(Vincent Valentine @ Dec 1 2009, 02:28 AM) If your talking about the M3 DS real, your wrong the Bahamut release works, you just need to patch it with This
Clean ROM + AR code > Patched ROM

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You were making them in one patch? I didn't know and no its alright. I'm almost done with the story mode anyway. Just continue as you were. I'll use it when you're done making it.

Thanks for offering though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone