Hacking Jump Ultimate Stars Trasnlation WORKING (1.08).

litium

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, hi. My name is Bruno and i'm from Argentina. I can handle both languages (Spanish and English) so, i wanted to play JUS translated. I tried a spanish translation but it was kinda crappy so i tried this one. Unofrtunately the DSTT had problems whit the patched rom, and i was really down. So, i started to think what could be done to fix this. I tought that the problem resided when the patching was done whit DPSPATCHER (Something whit the main .bin files) so, i did this:

PATCHER! HERE

And for all the people not getting the tut, heres a more simplified version:
1- Download the latest DPS patch from here: http://deufeufeu.free.fr/wiki/index.php?ti...anslation#Patch
2- Download DPSPATCHER (HERE: http://st.free.fr/phpmyvisites.php?url=htt...ILE:dpspatcher) And patch a clean rom of JUS (You need to have 2 clean roms, after patching, one clean one patched).
3- Rename the clean rom to: old.nds and the patched one to: translated.nds.
4- Download my patcher from the main post (The first one) and run the .bat inside (Also, you need to have this .bat, ndstool.exe and both roms on the same folder).
5- There, it should work now. You have a new rom, and the other two got deleted. So, now, go and play.

Some photos and a video (soon):

dsc00097fn7.jpg

dsc00098iw6.jpg

dsc00099qv4.jpg

MANUALLY:
-Grab a clean JUS ROM and patch it. (But, you need another clean rom).
-Grab NDSTool or DSLazy or DSBuff or something to extract the files from the rom.
-Extract all the files from both patched and unpatched roms.
(And heres the marvelous trick)
-Inside the unpacked roms there should be 6 .bin files and two folders. Copy those two folders (from the patched romfolder) to the clean romfolder. YOU ONLY NEED THE FOLDERS, not the .bin files outside thos folders (arm9.bin, header.bin, DOESN'T NEED TO BE REPLACED).
-Repack the rom (the cleanrom folder with the two replaced folders) and you are ready to go!

BlazingSalvo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OMG... Trying this now.

Edit: It works. Thank you so much for figuring this out, I did the manual method.

This needs a sticky in the DSTT forum.

yaynds.gif

D

Deleted User

Hi, if you directly unpack then repack the translation with ndstool does it works ? or are you force (as in your bat) to use the clean rom ? because the file you're using are not modified by my patch.

comtois

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deufeufeu said:
Hi, if you directly unpack then repack the translation with ndstool does it works ? or are you force (as in your bat) to use the clean rom ? because the file you're using are not modified by my patch.

so are you saying that those .bin files are required for the translation?

S

scubersteve

This person is made of win.
Hypothetically, could this work with all ROM hacks/translations?

litium

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'll surely take a look in other problematinc translations. Wich roms/games do not work on DSTT?

PS: DFF, This patch does the following thing:

Unpacks both clean and patched rom, but, it upacks two things from each rom.
In the clean rom it extracts: arm9.bin arm7.bin y9.bin y7.bin banner.bin and header.bin
And from the patched rom extracts the Data and Overlay folder. After this it repacks all this together into a single rom, and deletes the other two.

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As I am typing, I am playing FFTA2 translated on my DSTT.

This method seems to work for the FFTA2 patch as well, as I renamed the patched version to 'old' and an original to 'translated.'

It's working like a charm, as I'm assuming only menus and no dialogue have been translated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended