Gerinych

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've heard good things about NDS Backup Tool and I wanted to try it out for myself, and I already set up everything in the .ini file, but the program doesn't seem to follow it. If that matters, the program is in \NDS_Backup_Wifi folder.
Help.

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if you need it, but here is a tutorial for Rudolph's NDS Wi-Fi dumper.

Also, be sure you copy the .ini file to the root of your card (.nds file can be anywhere).

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I find that if a homebrew program doesn't work, put all the files into the root of your card.

I've tried the backup tool, and it really is quite good. But be warned, the transfer speeds aren't too fantastic.

sirus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oks i got the thing working, heres how it goes, the .ini file means nothing, you can delete it if you want, but all the setting in there are what you have to do to your computer because the .nds file isnt reading from the ini so its only using default settings,

which means you have to make your computer's ip address 192.168.0.10
make an account called - anonymous and the password has to be"anonymous@anonymous" - it has to have the @ in it or it wont work
port has to be set to 21.
other then that she's all good,
to set the ip of the computer if you dont have a router just use windows to do it in network config - ask if you need more infomation,
if you have a router an dynamic ip's you have to set the ip range the router uses to 192.168.0.10 - 192.168.0.13,
turn all the computers that link wirelesly to your router off accept for your main one that is using the ftp, then go to start then run type in cmd to bring up the command promt type in ipconfig /renew which will renew all your ip settings with your router, might need to do it once or twice depending on your router,
then start your ftp and turn your ds on and do what the tut says.

if you need more helps then just askies!

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That solution will work fine, but I think it's easier changing a few values in the .ini file, such as the IP address, so you won't have to go to the trouble to sticking to defaults and having to change your computer's ip address. Oh and the .nds file does read the .ini file, provided it's in the right location on your card.

But well done on figuring out your soloution though haha! I never would of figured that out
laugh.gif

sirus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well no matter where i put the .ini or the .nds they never read from each other, including if they were in the same dir together,

anyway gerinych just where it says user put your username, and where it says password put your password there, you will have to overwrite the old ones which should be "test" and "test"

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
For me, it works exactly as specified in the .ini file: user login & password and ftp server ip & port. Be sure you are copying it to the root of your card (i.e. "E:\") and that you are keeping the .ini original filename. After editing it check if it is being saved as ".ini" and NOT as ".ini.txt"

SchuchWun

Trophies
Website
videogamehackers.ca
XP
Country
Canada
Its nice that we have this option available to us. I just tested it out and it works great. This program was a breeze to setup to my dedicated storage server on the network. SmallFTP is good but there are better versions available that are just as easy to set up. I just wish it could use SSH or the like so that remote backup is possible.

kitetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried extremely hard following the Rudolph tutorial in Monroeworld, but i seem to have hit a dead end.

Here's what i did to the .ini file for good measure:

#
# NDS_Backup_Tool_Wifi.ini
#

ServerIP [already entered, hurr] ! FTPd IP address
ServerPort 8080 ! FTPd Service Port
#FileDir / ! Home Directory

FTPUser test ! FTPd Logon User name
FTPPassword test ! FTPd Logon password

SaveFile 0 ! Saving size : 0:auto, nnn:Save File Size(KB)

#Trim ! Rom Triming Backup

Based on the tutorial, i think i may have followed most, if not all of the steps correctly, but i STILL couldn't get my connection running. What the goddamn have i missed?
wacko.gif

On another note, i'm using Rudolph's Wifi backup tool version 0.31e, installed in my DSTT... Maybe I'm using the wrong version or something. All this trouble just for extraction of a .SAV file too...

kitetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
m-p{3} said:
Have you checked if you have a firewall that block the connection to the computer ?

I thought that the firewall was off because smallftp said that the server was running, so i didn't check... Even if i had to i keep forgetting where to check it in.

stuffnflufff

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mine doesnt work either. Here is my set-up:

#
# NDS_Backup_Tool_Wifi.ini
#

ServerIP 206.123.191.246 ! FTPd IP address
ServerPort 8080 ! FTPd Service Port
#FileDir /NDS_Backup ! Home Directory

FTPUser NDSBCKUP ! FTPd Logon User name
FTPPassword ******* ! FTPd Logon password

SaveFile 0 ! Saving size : 0:auto, nnn:Save File Size(KB)

#Trim ! Rom Triming Backup

I have SmallFTPd set for my port as 8080, but im not sure about the "/NDS_Backup" part...does it have to be where i want to back up my files on my comp? (e.g.: C:\...) quite confused. Thanks for the help. ALSO, im using an AK2i and DSi...Is this ok? Thanks in Gameboy Advance!!!

Kasmember17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've the same problem that the program won't recognize the the ini file. I've tried everything and I can't get it to work.

I've turned off all firewalls on my router and computer. I have a dynamic IP but I can only make a virtual server for one IP not three. When I make the server for TCP the default IP (on the program)changes to some other IP, but if I portforward then the IP stays the same. I can change my computer to the IP that it shows.

I checked everything on the server 10 times and everything is correct. The ds just won't connect for some reason.

EDIT: I actualy get a popup on windows that says:

There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network.

So I know that the NDS tool is trying to connect, but I don;t know whats happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou