Hardware Buying an Xbox One S instead of an Series S ?

Whichbox ?

• Total voters

TheSpearGuy

can probably play it on Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any reason for me to get an Series S ?
Because the One S / X can :
‐ still access GamePass
‐ use actual discs

It is about 100 bucks cheaper at my local marketplace.
My Monitor can output 1080p max.
The main use cases are GamePass, Sonic Games, physical copys and Youtube

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally wouldn't buy it. it seems obsolete now anyway. not sure what games it can play that the series s/x can't. the only game I know of is eternal sonata and that's a 360 game, so neither of those systems can play it.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play Xbox one and older gen game you can go with Xbox one S/X, Series S come with a SSD as boot drive so it is faster.

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any reason for me to get an Series S ?
Because the One S / X can :
‐ still access GamePass
‐ use actual discs

It is about 100 bucks cheaper at my local marketplace.
My Monitor can output 1080p max.
The main use cases are GamePass, Sonic Games, physical copys and Youtube
If you want to use physical copies as the "main use cases" then I would suggest waiting a bit to get the Series X or getting an One X honestly or getting a Series S and later getting a Series X down the road, here's why:

Yes the Series S seems as powerful for games if not more but it doesn't have a physical drive for games, which raises the question, are you willing to give up having a physical collection, relying on the Xbox Store instead of having the physical (especially used) market as an option, and games being taken on and off as the publishers will?

If so the Xbox Series S is a great bang for your buck console, I played a few times at my friends house and it's really impressive about the amount of performance you get with your money, to be honest it just might be hard to build a PC with competing specs at the same price-point.

Overall the Series S is a great console in terms of price to performance if you're on a budget, it should last a while even maybe beyond after the market gets stable again so overall it's a pretty good investment (even if I disagree with it being digital only (IMO)).

And hey, if the Series S still bothers you on not having a disc drive you can always get a Series X down the road.

Last edited by TomRiddle,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...