How do I dump games, updates and DLC for Nintendo Switch in this particular way?

usr4499

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi.

I want to dump my physical and digital games, updates and downloadable content from my console and cartridges. I own these games physically or digitally. They are mine. I legitimately bought them from officially authorized sources. And I do not intend to share the dumps. And as I do this for personal and archival purposes, I never resell the originals. I desire both bit-perfect and universally compatible dumps or the best middle ground between the two.

I am using NXDumpTool, and it lets me do these 6 things: 'Split output dump (FAT32 support)', 'Verify dump using No-Intro database', 'Remove console-specific data', 'Generate ticket-less dump', 'Change NPDM RSA key/sig in Program NCA' and 'Dump delta fragments'. I guess I can skip verifying the dumps. I suppose I should turn on splitting the dumps, removing console-specific data and changing the NPDM RSA key, if I want the most compatible dumps. But I think I should turn off removing console-specific data, generating ticket-less dumps, changing the NPDM key and turn on dumping delta fragments, if I want bit-perfect dumps. And I do not know really how that affects the dumps in any case, so I am lost. NXDumpTool also offers 'ExeFS options' and 'Ticket options', but what does that mean, and what do they do? I wish someone thoroughly had documented all of that. I did read Such Meme, Many Skills' and No-Intro's guides, but they differ from each other, and they do not explain things in detail, or I have not seen where.

What does each of these options actually do in detail? What should I turn on? What should I turn off? What else should I do potentially? Why not include console-specific data, keep the NPDM RSA key and back up delta fragments for example?

Thanks.

Have a nice day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack