I can't get NUSspli to work

Mr_Gnome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I keep getting an error that says "Unknown libcurl error 43". Small DLC installs work just fine, but as soon as I try to download anything larger than 10 megabytes NUSspli gets stuck on that error screen. It bounces back and forth with another red screed that reads "Network error: Couldn't connect to server. Check the network settings and try again"After the error screen is shown a few times it switches to another one that says "Network error: Couldn't resolve hostname. Check the network settings and try again". I dug a bit deeper to try and find what's happening and found out that whenever this new screen shows up, my Wii U gets disconnected from Wi-fi and completely refuses to connect to the network. However, when I restart my Wii U the internet connection goes back to normal. I am using the latest version of Tiramisu and NUSspli, I have tried both the HBL version and Channel version and both run into the exact same issue. I haven't found any forums on this topic, and it is also my first time soft-modding a Wii U so I have no clue of what I'm doing. If someone could help me I would be really thankful.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 40
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 48

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Mr_Gnome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for the help! I will be trying that tomorrow since I don't have a large enough sd card to download any games, I'll have a 32 GB SD card arriving soon so I'll be sure to give it a shot.

Kadrevex

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the help! I will be trying that tomorrow since I don't have a large enough sd card to download any games, I'll have a 32 GB SD card arriving soon so I'll be sure to give it a shot.
Hey, I was having the same issue. Restarting my internet connection seemed to help. But buying an ethernet adapter fixed the issue altogether. No more libcurl43 error and no more crashes.
I know you probably have this issue fixed already but might be useful if someone else is having trouble and sees this.

Last edited by Kadrevex,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no more crashes.
The crashes are probably just a symptom of our new network resetting codes which kick in when such a libcurl error happens. So debugging this crash has low priority.
What's really needed is to debugg this 43 error as it's clearly a wrong error (caused by some callback reacting to libcurl aborting the download, overwriting the real error or something like that).

So to everyone affected jump to https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/issues/302 and provide the requested logs, please. Working around the error by bettering the network stability won't fix this bug nor the crash...

Reactions: Kadrevex

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I keep getting an error that says "Unknown libcurl error 43". Small DLC installs work just fine, but as soon as I try to download anything larger than 10 megabytes NUSspli gets stuck on that error screen. It bounces back and forth with another red screed that reads "Network error: Couldn't connect to server. Check the network settings and try again"After the error screen is shown a few times it switches to another one that says "Network error: Couldn't resolve hostname. Check the network settings and try again". I dug a bit deeper to try and find what's happening and found out that whenever this new screen shows up, my Wii U gets disconnected from Wi-fi and completely refuses to connect to the network. However, when I restart my Wii U the internet connection goes back to normal. I am using the latest version of Tiramisu and NUSspli, I have tried both the HBL version and Channel version and both run into the exact same issue. I haven't found any forums on this topic, and it is also my first time soft-modding a Wii U so I have no clue of what I'm doing. If someone could help me I would be really thankful.
This happens if you are using an old version and the date and time cannot be wrong and also your external HDD cannot be on top of your Wii U as it causes interference with its wifi so leave your external HDD next to the console but not on top

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you are using an old version
^- This.

The unknown libcurl error is an incompatibility between WUTs socket library and libCURL. Like libCURL error 43 is "A function was called with a bad parameter" but it's not NUSspli doing that. Instead it seems to be WUT setting the errno wrong or something like that in case of a network interruption.

That said the error message has been changed in newer versions. It's now
and someone might want to open a bug report at DevkitPro about that (I can't as I'm banned there).

So yea, people still seeing error 43 are using old/outdated NUSspli versions and should update.

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
^- This.

The unknown libcurl error is an incompatibility between WUTs socket library and libCURL. Like libCURL error 43 is "A function was called with a bad parameter" but it's not NUSspli doing that. Instead it seems to be WUT setting the errno wrong or something like that in case of a network interruption.

That said the error message has been changed in newer versions. It's now

and someone might want to open a bug report at DevkitPro about that (I can't as I'm banned there).

So yea, people still seeing error 43 are using old/outdated NUSspli versions and should update.
nusplii could become an aroma plugin so downloads could be made in real time without leaving the console connected directly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag