+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well i found some import game in a game shop near my home and i want to buy some (Naruto's games look really good.) and i was wondering if the PS2 and GC are Region Free or i need a Boot Disc or something like that.

Thanks!

D

Deleted User

on gc you can use the freeloader by datel. it's a simple disc swapping technique and works with most (if not all) games. i don't know for the ps2 though.

edit: here's a picture of it -> amazon.com

D

Deleted User

heh, amazon was just the first place that came to my mind for showing a picture
wink.gif
but anyways here you go:
play-asia.com - in stock - USD 22.90 (USD 26 including cheapest air mail shipping)
liksang.com - in stock - USD 19.90 (USD 25.9 including cheapest air mail shipping)
smile.gif

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
You can just buy a 2 way switch for like a dollar, then turn your cube into a JPN/USA unit that will load games from both regions.

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/nintendo/gc-region.htm

The switch mod has been around since the Cube came out in japan and still works perfectly. I fitted a 2 way on my Japanese one before Nintendo even launched Gamecube in the USA. I remember i didn't even have any USA games to test it with at the time, lol nobody did.

Basically though it'll work both ways, if you have a USA cube and fit this mod you just flip the switch to change it into JPN, or visa versa. You cant get PAL games to boot using the switch mod but no one wants to run PAL anyway.

Btw it's the 2nd easiest mod ive ever done, the easiest was prolly flashing a ds

D

Deleted User

omg yes - i totally forgot about that switch mod because it isn't working with pal cubes and my freeloader was the first thing that i thought of (actually i only got it because of the resident evil 4 trial edition)
laugh.gif

bryehn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
for the ps2, swap magic is what you're looking for. if you have a slimline, all you need besides the disc is a little plastic piece...if you have an older ps2, you'll need a case mod.

and for the gc...may as well get the max drive pro...it lets you boot burned games...

Tir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
for the ps2, swap magic is what you're looking for. if you have a slimline, all you need besides the disc is a little plastic piece...if you have an older ps2, you'll need a case mod.
Nope you only need a little slide tool for the phat PS2 as well, it's just different to the slim's one. It came with my copy of Swap Magic.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For the GCN, just get an Action Replay. They're like $30 bucks over here, they have a built in Cheat Device, and it comes with a Freeloader on the same disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a frappy moment