Gaming Need help buying a laptop

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bullshit, Dell computers have horrible reliability, at least Asus laptops won't be completely obsolete in 2 years if you get something decent. The fact that you have to buy a shitty XPS laptop in order to get a good graphics card from Dell is a complete and utter joke, those computers are extremely overpriced.

abaddon41_80

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
S.O.B! I got home today ready to order the HP and I figure out that the coupon for $250 off is expired (it only had a certain amount of uses). Now I am gonna go with the Dell and try to haggle them like Magnus said.

abaddon41_80

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
It's a Lenovo laptop but the price seems pretty decent at 800 bucks, 4.5 hour battery, GT130 graphics and Intel C2D 2.1Ghz with 4GB of memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834146584

That is definitely now an option. The graphics card on that is much better than the two I am looking at. The only thing I don't like is the processor is a little weaker than I would like but I think I might get that one.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
abaddon41_80 said:
DSGamer64 said:
It's a Lenovo laptop but the price seems pretty decent at 800 bucks, 4.5 hour battery, GT130 graphics and Intel C2D 2.1Ghz with 4GB of memory: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834146584

That is definitely now an option. The graphics card on that is much better than the two I am looking at. The only thing I don't like is the processor is a little weaker than I would like but I think I might get that one.

Apparently the GT130 is similar to the 9800M GTS, if this is the case then you have a very good GPU there. The processor being a little weaker will not make any difference in the majority of games assuming the resolution of that laptop screen is reasonably high. Both of the other laptops you planned to buy would have been a complete waste of time and money considering what you said were your uses. That expired voucher probably saved you twice that in the long run.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have never been a big Lenovo fan but the generally make some pretty durable machines. I know the processor isn't great but it's hard to complain, you are still going to get pretty good performance out of it for most games.

abaddon41_80

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
I have never been a big Lenovo fan but the generally make some pretty durable machines. I know the processor isn't great but it's hard to complain, you are still going to get pretty good performance out of it for most games.

I am probably going to order it on Monday barring some unforeseen event. It is just the best I have looked at, all things considered.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:

For gaming that processor will get excellent results with the majority of games since most are GPU dependent, even a 1.8 Ghz Core2Duo would give excellent results.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, really, why is everyone complaining about a 2.1Ghz C2D not being that great? My friend has an asus laptop with a 2Ghz C2D and a 9800GS and it games beautifully.

As long as you're not encoding videos you don't really need much more.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder if you can overclock it?
tongue.gif

T

tal32123

look on bestbuy's website under the gaming section, i always try looking everywhere and customizing my own online but they end up the cheepest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A reminder that all corporations reported record profits these last few years?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint overreach"?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!
    Veho @ Veho: Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!