New 3DS blue light fades out

T0biasCZe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I have New 3DS (modded with luma, gm9 and b9s, but i doubt that matters), and when i try to turn it on, the blue led turns on for second and then slowly fades out (its not an instant shutdown with pop in speakers).
I tried doing the B9S led status code, (X Start Select) but it didnt show anything on hte notification led. I also tried cleaning most of the the ribbon connectors with IPA but it also didnt help. What could i try to fix it?
also, the bottom screen ribbon ocnnector flap was broken off before but i attached back a new one so now it holds correctly... idk if thats a issue

Attachments

• HNI_0023.avi.mp4
    5.8 MB

T0biasCZe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
well i tried binging some more and found that the led fading out means that it cant find boot.firm/boot.bin files, but on the SD card, the files are there. I even tried taking different sd card (samsung evo extreme 128GB), clearing it with diskpart, formatting it to 32K fat32, and putting the luma3DS and godmode9 files there (and a9h files too for the peace of mind...) but it still doesnt boot and just fades out...

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well i tried binging some more and found that the led fading out means that it cant find boot.firm/boot.bin files, but on the SD card, the files are there. I even tried taking different sd card (samsung evo extreme 128GB), clearing it with diskpart, formatting it to 32K fat32, and putting the luma3DS and godmode9 files there (and a9h files too for the peace of mind...) but it still doesnt boot and just fades out...
Have you tried, luma.boot 7.0.5, luma.firm 7.1, 8,0. and recent?

T0biasCZe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I tried all versions from 7.0.5 up to 10.3, all of them just faded out
this is the content of the sd card at the end:
1678016097194.png

Post automatically merged:

Also, the reason the B9S led status code didnt work is because that feature was added in B9S 1.4. But that version was released only +- 2 weeks before the 3ds broke. And i am 99% sure i didnt update it from 1.3 in those 2 weeks

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
It may have to do with the card reader or the sd itself. Try booting without it to see if you have it installed on the nand

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
found that the led fading out means that it cant find boot.firm/boot.bin files, but on the SD card, the files are there
Sounds like you have a hardware problem.. also having the correct & necessary cfw won't help in this case.
You said the bottom screen's ribbon cable was cut, did you replace the screen with a new one (with a good ribbon cable)? It could be the one causing this problem..

T0biasCZe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
It may have to do with the card reader or the sd itself. Try booting without it to see if you have it installed on the nand
it doesnt boot from sd, i think it didnt install it on nand back then
Sounds like you have a hardware problem.. also having the correct & necessary cfw won't help in this case.
when theres a hardware problem, the LED instantly turns off, it doesnt fade out like here.
Also, the screen ribbon isnt damaged (and never was), just the connector had the flap broken off (but it was replaced and now it has the flap and closes properly)

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when theres a hardware problem, the LED instantly turns off, it doesnt fade out like here.
The power led does fade after ~2 secs or so. Though it behaves this way when something's not operating as it should hardware-wise..
Also, the screen ribbon isnt damaged (and never was), just the connector had the flap broken off (but it was replaced and now it has the flap and closes properly)
When did this issue started? And what led you to check (or mess with) that ribbon cable in the first place?

T0biasCZe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
When did this issue started? And what led you to check (or mess with) that ribbon cable in the first place?
the top screen was artifacting little bit, so i opened the 3ds and cleaned the connector with ipa, which fixed the top screen. and while i was at it, i also cleaned the bottom screen connector, but while cleaning it, i broke the flap off. (but while the flap was broken off, the 3ds was turning off with the LED turning off instantly, not fading out like now after i put it back)
Post automatically merged:

also, i noticed, when i hold the x start select and try to turn it on, the led stays on until i depress start (but it doesnt boot)

Last edited by T0biasCZe,

T0biasCZe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
well found out the sd card reader was broken, thats why it wasnt booting to any of the tested files (and whay the x start select made it freeze until depressed - it was constantly trying to dumb the files to not connected sd card)
i guess there is no way to bypass the cfw and boot into stock system without having access to the SD right?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well found out the sd card reader was broken, thats why it wasnt booting to any of the tested files (and whay the x start select made it freeze until depressed - it was constantly trying to dumb the files to not connected sd card)
i guess there is no way to bypass the cfw and boot into stock system without having access to the SD right?
you could if you installed luma 11.0. otherwise, you would've had to have put it on the ctrnand somehow.

T0biasCZe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Well got new SD card reader, and not it doesnt fade out anymore, it doesnt turn off, but it keeps stuck at black screen... the sd card is the one i posted above

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well got new SD card reader, and not it doesnt fade out anymore, it doesnt turn off, but it keeps stuck at black screen... the sd card is the one i posted above
Can you access Luma3DS menu or GodMode9? Do you have boot.firm in the root of the sdcard?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Looks like a brown recluse