Nintendo discontinues use of Facebook and Twitter for Nintendo Account sign in, and opens Twitter accounts for Nintendo LatAm and Brasil.

nintendo-logo.large.jpg

Nintendo has announced today that it will no longer be possible to link a Facebook or Twitter account to connect to a user's Nintendo Account. The change will go into effect on October 25th, 2022.
They released a detailed FAQ under their Support page: "Discontinuation of the Use of Facebook or Twitter to Sign In to Your Nintendo Account", where they mention that, while the option to sign in with Facebook and Twitter will no longer be an option, the user can still log into their Nintendo Account by using either Google or Apple accounts. Nintendo also offers instructions about how to make the proper changes and adjustments to your Account to prepare for the upcoming change.

The reasoning behind the removal of said option is still unknown, but there are many speculations floating around as to why this might be.
This change will not affect receiving Friend Suggestions and posting screenshots/videos to Facebook and Twitter, that will continue as normal.

Aside from those news, Nintendo has also opened two new Twitter accounts, one for Latin America named @NintendoLatam, and another one for Nintendo Brasil named @NintendoBrasil.
Both account debuted on Twitter on September 20th, 2022, and it will surely be a great way of giving news about anything Nintendo to people from Latin America and Brasil.
The Brasil account might come as a weird decision, since Nintendo opted to end hardware distribution in Brasil back in 2015. However, the reasoning might be as simple as just offering a method of communication for people in Brasil due to the language difference between Brasil and the rest of Latin America.

:arrow: Source #1
:arrow: Source #2

ExperiencersInternational

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamersinternational.wixsite.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nintendo-logo.large.jpg

Nintendo has announced today that it will no longer be possible to link a Facebook or Twitter account to connect to a user's Nintendo Account. The change will go into effect on October 25th, 2022.
They released a detailed FAQ under their Support page: "Discontinuation of the Use of Facebook or Twitter to Sign In to Your Nintendo Account", where they mention that, while the option to sign in with Facebook and Twitter will no longer be an option, the user can still log into their Nintendo Account by using either Google or Apple accounts. Nintendo also offers instructions about how to make the proper changes and adjustments to your Account to prepare for the upcoming change.

The reasoning behind the removal of said option is still unknown, but there are many speculations floating around as to why this might be.
This change will not affect receiving Friend Suggestions and posting screenshots/videos to Facebook and Twitter, that will continue as normal.

Aside from those news, Nintendo has also opened two new Twitter accounts, one for Latin America named @NintendoLatam, and another one for Nintendo Brasil named @NintendoBrasil.
Both account debuted on Twitter on September 20th, 2022, and it will surely be a great way of giving news about anything Nintendo to people from Latin America and Brasil.
The Brasil account might come as a weird decision, since Nintendo opted to end hardware distribution in Brasil back in 2015. However, the reasoning might be as simple as just offering a method of communication for people in Brasil due to the language difference between Brasil and the rest of Latin America.

:arrow: Source #1
:arrow: Source #2

I'm guessing we're not going to talk about how Nintendo is also shutting down Image Share with these other changes?

Either way, the social sign in removals makes sense from a security perspective, you wouldn't exactly want people buying games because someone's somehow gotten access to your Twitter account.

I had no idea Nintendo didn't even have social media accounts for South American countries, just out of interest, does Canada have a French one?

Reactions: Metoroid0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Not sure how recent hardware it supports though
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean for 1st party routers iirc linksys use to support it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ahhhh that I have no idea
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    pretty cool though if so
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or from what ive heard ways to set custom imgs for 1st party routers so locked down now days
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    OPNsense VM and specs and specs of system it's running on. https://imgur.com/a/S9wgGUD
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I've turned more features on in OPNsense lately and it's getting kind of high on RAM usage, I see. Probably bump that up to 4GB soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wanna make a 8core router with support for 20gbps doesn't even sound that silly lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I only have 1 gig internet but internally I have 10 gig connectivity for everything on my lan lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    fiber connection from my desktop PC back to my core network switch
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    2 port HPE SFP+ PCIE NIC in my desktop and all of my servers
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    silly shit
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eventually this desktop is going to act as a server too, just for the hell of it. Because this PC is WAY fucking overkill for how little I use it.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And once I do that, my desktop OS that I interact with is just going to be a virtual machine and use GPU passthrough to connect everything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send it to me ffs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No because it's my desktop lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    The most use this PC is getting right now is 979 Chrome tabs open right now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is my desktop there are many like it but it is mine alone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Enabled PPPoE on router now no wifi connection lul
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Anyone knows
    where is Juan?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taken by the feet police
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Horny jail?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was a nationwide vote
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2139460/Once_Human/?fbclid=IwY2xjawDXSyhleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHb0aE...