Nintendo officially confirms Switch successor console, announces Nintendo Direct for next month

nitennzomg.png

While rumors had been floating about rampantly as to the future plans of Nintendo, the President of the company, Shuntaro Furukawa, made a brief statement confirming that Nintendo is indeed working on a successor to the Nintendo Switch. Capping off Nintendo's quarterly financial report was an announcement that the unveiling of Nintendo's follow-up to the Switch would happen before the end of this fiscal year (March 2025). In the same message, Furukawa also announced that a Nintendo Direct is on the way sometime in June--though it will focus solely on latter-half 2024 Nintendo Switch titles, and will not feature any information regarding the successor system.

Current rumor reports state that a "Nintendo Switch 2" system was scheduled to be released around holiday 2024, though the hardware was delayed internally, to make sure that the upcoming system had as many quality launch titles as possible. Bloomberg has reported that Nintendo has been supplied with a notable amount of 8-inch Foxconn LCD screens, implying that the new Nintendo hardware may be very similar to the Nintendo Switch.

bonkmaykr

funny floating nut dog
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
The Switch was such a smash-hit and a "okay, this is it" moment for a lot of people that the idea of a new Nintendo console already is kind of unbelievable. 7 years flew by like nothing.

Not like I care anymore lol. Switch killed nintendo for me. Lame ass handheld.

Reactions: Exnor

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I won't be buying it. The Switch was the most regrettable console purchase I have ever made. It was woefully under powered when it came out, and there are hardly any good AAA exclusive titles for it 7 years later. So yeah, not planning on buying another Nintendo product for a long time. Maybe pick one up on sale years after it's release, and only if it has been jailbroken.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

MayorBryce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch 2 Emulator ETA WHEN?
So we can play Backups on Day 1.:rofl2:
Woah, hold it there, buddy! To play your backups legally on your computer, we'll need to have...
1. Cracked Sw2tch security.
2. Developed homebrew to dump the games.
3. Created an emulator that can play the games in a playable state.
4. Gotten PC hardware that's powerful enough to emulate it (because the rumors say it'll be comparable to an Xbox One, and I don't see any emulators for that console).
5. Be patient enough to get this stuff (because there's no way all this will happen for years).

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good everyone can shut the fuck up with the fake switch 2 posts now
They won't though. Bloomberg has been doing this since like 2 years after the Switch launched. We do finally have confirmation of a successor coming soon, but were probably gonna see fake leaks now
Post automatically merged:

Woah, hold it there, buddy! To play your backups legally on your computer, we'll need to have...
1. Cracked Sw2tch security.
2. Developed homebrew to dump the games.
3. Created an emulator that can play the games in a playable state.
4. Gotten PC hardware that's powerful enough to emulate it (because the rumors say it'll be comparable to an Xbox One, and I don't see any emulators for that console).
5. Be patient enough to get this stuff (because there's no way all this will happen for years).
If the PS4/Xbox One power is accurate it'll probably be harder to emulate because it's a different instruction set whereas the Xbox One and PS4 are custom x86 chips.

Last edited by Guacaholey,

SIMOMEGA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
good everyone can shut the fuck up with the fake switch 2 posts now
I mean, were they even fake in the 1° place lol? I mean sure maybe accurate reports of the new switchs hardware were fake, but it was obvious that an eventual switch sequel was in the works, it was just irrealistic to expect it to be rumor-accurate, as with all rumors, unless they camesz from a reputable and trusted source or smthszh like thatsz.
Post automatically merged:

Feels like they want to repeat the Switch's reveal and release timing.

• Reveal on late October-November 2024.
  • Release date on late March-April 2025, beginning of their next fiscal year
Is that supposed to be good in terms of business or smth like that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: and 1 jtag xenon or whatever those things were called, no hdmi on it which sucks