Feedback Omega Flash D.E. (Rev B) & EXEQ Gamebox SP compatibility

OmDRetro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I've been using my EXEQ Gamebox SP for quite some time already and I'm already hooked since it's compatible with other flash carts.
However, what struck me as odd here is this flash cartridge does not boot on clone consoles.
There are reports of the Everdrive X5 mini and the SuperCard CF/SD working on this clone handheld console.

Gamebox_Compatibility.png

To the EZ Flash team:

Will you ever add support for clone consoles such as the EXEQ Gamebox SP?
The cart just boots into a white screen, skipping the BIOS logo of EXEQ, and stays stuck there.
On the OG GBA as well as the NDS PHAT, this works normally.
I have not tried the Revo K101, which I assume does use the OG Gameboy BIOS, but I don't have one in my possession at the moment.

Reactions: BuddhaHunterMac

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an EZ Flash Definitive cart and it's really cool how much the user can customize it, almost instantly turned off the LED. :)

Bought a 2 pack of 32GB SD cards to load up with GBA/DS games.

After buying the OG DS, I'll probably look inho buying an OG GBA Backlit (GBA SP is cool, but I prefer the original design).

ebussy_foot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using my EXEQ Gamebox SP for quite some time already and I'm already hooked since it's compatible with other flash carts.
However, what struck me as odd here is this flash cartridge does not boot on clone consoles.
There are reports of the Everdrive X5 mini and the SuperCard CF/SD working on this clone handheld console.

View attachment 436281

To the EZ Flash team:

Will you ever add support for clone consoles such as the EXEQ Gamebox SP?
The cart just boots into a white screen, skipping the BIOS logo of EXEQ, and stays stuck there.
On the OG GBA as well as the NDS PHAT, this works normally.
I have not tried the Revo K101, which I assume does use the OG Gameboy BIOS, but I don't have one in my possession at the moment.

I can't say I'm surprised. The Omega DE doesn't work very well on the Analogue Pocket. But, like you noted, the Everdrive works perfectly fine.

I have an EZ Flash Definitive cart and it's really cool how much the user can customize it, almost instantly turned off the LED. :)

Bought a 2 pack of 32GB SD cards to load up with GBA/DS games.

After buying the OG DS, I'll probably look inho buying an OG GBA Backlit (GBA SP is cool, but I prefer the original design).

Is this an ad? What does this have to do with what he said?

Reactions: swagl0rd

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I can't say I'm surprised. The Omega DE doesn't work very well on the Analogue Pocket. But, like you noted, the Everdrive works perfectly fine.

Is this an ad? What does this have to do with what he said?
Analogue Pocket is an emulation device, I would expect for an emulation cartridge to not work on an emulation console. If some flashcart works, great! But why expecting that.

ebussy_foot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Analogue Pocket is an emulation device, I would expect for an emulation cartridge to not work on an emulation console. If some flashcart works, great! But why expecting that.
Because they could probably make it work fine with a simple firmware update like Krikzz did for the Everdrive.
Also, the Pocket is using an FPGA. It's as close to actual clone hardware that you're going to get short of a custom ASIC. Which the Gamebox has actually. Hardware emulation is very different from software emulation.

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Because they could probably make it work fine with a simple firmware update like Krikzz did for the Everdrive.
Also, the Pocket is using an FPGA. It's as close to actual clone hardware that you're going to get short of a custom ASIC. Which the Gamebox has actually. Hardware emulation is very different from software emulation.
Hardware emulation is very different from software emulation, indeed. None is objectively better than the other, like you say, they're different.

OmDRetro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yikes... It's pretty obvious the two premium flash carts are head-2-head here. As for clone console compatibility, I have to say that the EVERDRIVE GBA MINI / EVERDRIVE X5 MINI wins in this case.

I'm not sure if the original 1st release(Rev A) of the definitive edition works on the EXEQ Gamebox, but it's likely to have the same result

moon_rabbit

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I can't say it's a problem of omega de because omega de works well in real gba sp.
Probably not enough power to run omega de.
Alternatively, there is a possibility that the cartridge's pin contact is weak.

Of course, everdrive gba is better than omega de in many ways.

When you need electronic components
If DigiKey or Mouser has it in stock, there's no reason to buy it from AliExpress.

This is why I recommend everdrive when comparing the two.

Last edited by moon_rabbit,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...