Emulation Homebrew Overclocking vWii on Tiramisu?

Zink3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so pleased that all the guides I followed to add all this functionality to this Wii U have not bricked :grog:the thing. Not really brave enough to try over-clocking the vWii on Tiramisu unless someone knowledgeable has had success already. So is it possible yet to play Symphony of the Night at full speed on a Wii U running Tiramisu? I played around with WiiSXRX-DS and then WiiSXRX-FS and it seems like the vWii won't be enough as is.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not tried overclocking any PlayStation games yet, but overclocking N64 games using Wii64-Rice works fine with Tiramisu, and its an especially noticeable improvement with more demanding games like Perfect Dark with mods. Since it’s the same method for both emulators it should be fine

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am so pleased that all the guides I followed to add all this functionality to this Wii U have not bricked :grog:the thing. Not really brave enough to try over-clocking the vWii on Tiramisu unless someone knowledgeable has had success already. So is it possible yet to play Symphony of the Night at full speed on a Wii U running Tiramisu? I played around with WiiSXRX-DS and then WiiSXRX-FS and it seems like the vWii won't be enough as is.
what is there to be brave? lol its clicking a single file and it has no bad benefics, do recall is overclock vwii but you are not atcually overclocking anything, your just not letting the wiiu down clock from wiiu speed to wii speed when entering wii mode all you need is a compatible forwarder with overclock for wiisxrx and teh c2w patcher needs to be runned every time before starting the forwarder, this isnt even a permanent hack.

So basically if you want my files here you go this was what i made for someone that wanted overclocked n64 but you can get the overclock wiiu app from the wiiu files here
first lets get to the forwarder
install on nand the forwarders not to usb

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9qjf0c7b9c4y6yi/wiisxr_vwii_overclock_and_gamepad.rar/file

this forwarder was made for wiisxr before it was wiisxrx but it works fine anyway this forwarder will boot the file sd:apps/wiisxr/boot.dol
So you have to rename your wiisxrx ds/fs to wiisxr instead in the apps folder so the forwarder boots it, only rename the folder in the apps not the one in the root of your device, leave that as wiisxrx like normal.

grab the sd root file i posted here, it has n64 stuff if you want too but you can delete it from there and just keep the wiiu folder and place that in the root so you get the overclock, then its easy

https://gbatemp.net/threads/golden-eye-on-the-wii-u.606761/#post-9745520

1- open homebrew launcher
2- click the c2w patcher it should be right the first option(it will boot you to the wiiu menu again)
3-start the wiisxr forwarder
4- enjoy all your games in fullspeed.

Last edited by pedro702,

Zink3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did it! SotN runs basically perfect now. I think it looks great on this screen.

So I looked at your files and saw sign_c2w_patcher by FIX94 which I already had the latest v.3 from the wiiu homebrew app store and I already had a WiiSXRX launcher working and you said not to worry so I didn't and it worked. Actually it didn't reboot to WiiU the first time, it just blacked out and stayed in HB. Second time it did.

Awesome, but now it seems I have to run sign_c2w_patcher each time I boot up before launching WiiSXRX?
Post automatically merged:

Not tried overclocking any PlayStation games yet, but overclocking N64 games using Wii64-Rice works fine with Tiramisu, and its an especially noticeable improvement with more demanding games like Perfect Dark with mods. Since it’s the same method for both emulators it should be fine
Interesting, thanks. Googling those mods next

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Did it! SotN runs basically perfect now. I think it looks great on this screen.

So I looked at your files and saw sign_c2w_patcher by FIX94 which I already had the latest v.3 from the wiiu homebrew app store and I already had a WiiSXRX launcher working and you said not to worry so I didn't and it worked. Actually it didn't reboot to WiiU the first time, it just blacked out and stayed in HB. Second time it did.

Awesome, but now it seems I have to run sign_c2w_patcher each time I boot up before launching WiiSXRX?
Post automatically merged:

Interesting, thanks. Googling those mods next
yes you need to run the patcher every time before starting the forwarder since its not a permanent hack at all. Almost all ps1 games will be fullspeed everytime with overclock.

Reactions: Zink3

ZipMartin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've never heard of this overclocking/not underclocking on vWii. Does it benefit actual Wii/GameCube games, like preventing FPS drops?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've never heard of this overclocking/not underclocking on vWii. Does it benefit actual Wii/GameCube games, like preventing FPS drops?
gamecube games partly, since nintendont already runs at wii speed instead of gc speed so most gc games already have much nicer framerates then they do in original hardware you can see it here

but you can overclock further to wiiu clock and see if it gets even better framerates not sure how much would it improve until the gpu is the bottleneck over the cpu but doesnt hurt either imo.

For wii depends, wii games are not coded to be overclocked by default so some games will break and some it might work its a matter of trying but i wouldnt get my hopes up.

Last edited by pedro702,
  • Wow
Reactions: ZipMartin

vbarros22

Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
what is there to be brave? lol its clicking a single file and it has no bad benefics, do recall is overclock vwii but you are not atcually overclocking anything, your just not letting the wiiu down clock from wiiu speed to wii speed when entering wii mode all you need is a compatible forwarder with overclock for wiisxrx and teh c2w patcher needs to be runned every time before starting the forwarder, this isnt even a permanent hack.

So basically if you want my files here you go this was what i made for someone that wanted overclocked n64 but you can get the overclock wiiu app from the wiiu files here
first lets get to the forwarder
install on nand the forwarders not to usb

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9qjf0c7b9c4y6yi/wiisxr_vwii_overclock_and_gamepad.rar/file

this forwarder was made for wiisxr before it was wiisxrx but it works fine anyway this forwarder will boot the file sd:apps/wiisxr/boot.dol
So you have to rename your wiisxrx ds/fs to wiisxr instead in the apps folder so the forwarder boots it, only rename the folder in the apps not the one in the root of your device, leave that as wiisxrx like normal.

grab the sd root file i posted here, it has n64 stuff if you want too but you can delete it from there and just keep the wiiu folder and place that in the root so you get the overclock, then its easy

https://gbatemp.net/threads/golden-eye-on-the-wii-u.606761/#post-9745520

1- open homebrew launcher
2- click the c2w patcher it should be right the first option(it will boot you to the wiiu menu again)
3-start the wiisxr forwarder
4- enjoy all your games in fullspeed.
still not possible in aroma, right?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
still not possible in aroma, right?
Aroma doesnt launch elf files but afaik if you start the homebrew launcher you can start elf files from there? i dont use aroma but i think its possible, there was also an rpx version of the c2w patcher flying around somewhere but try the homebrew launhcer method first?

zmatt25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One day, sign_c2w_patche will run as a plugin in Aroma i'm sure! :)
Let´s hope it does. As far as of now, while I have Aroma and Tiramisu installed, I only use Tiramisu because of missing things like Retroarch and the vWii overclocker. (Which I use for N64 and PSX games)

Afaik a retroarch port is in development but haven´t heard anything about sign_c2w_patcher yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious