Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

Stellar

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm using modded fusee with Sigpatches and no sys-patch.

I'm using atmos 1.7.0 and FW 17.0.1 here...

I am using JUST atmosphere 1.7.0 pre-release + the latest sigpatches from this thread.

Nothing else. No sys-patch.

My firmware is 18.0.1.

This is on a partition emunand, created from a freshly formatted sysnand. On a brand new microSD card, with no damaged sectors.

I believe TotalJustice when he says this isn't related to sigpatches, so I think I just have to wait for SciresM to update AMS when he has time. There is literally nothing I am adding to this setup, so this has to be a small issue with the new firmware and the fact that AMS doesn't have full parity with 18.0.1 changes yet:

SciresM said:
The console should boot and atmosphère should be fully functional. However, not all modules have been fully updated to reflect the latest changes.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I am using JUST atmosphere 1.7.0 pre-release + the latest sigpatches from this thread.

My firmware is 18.0.1.

This is on a partition emunand, created from a freshly formatted sysnand. On a brand new microSD card, with no damaged sectors.

I believe TotalJustice when he says this isn't related to sigpatches, so I think I just have to wait for SciresM to update AMS when he has time. There is literally nothing I am adding to this setup, so this has to be a small issue with the new firmware and the fact that AMS doesn't have full parity with 18.0.1 changes yet:
JUST Atmosphère: you NEED SYS-Patch sysmodule.

Last edited by impeeza,

Miud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yo. Just erase Ur sys-patch folder and let it re-build by itself and damn thing will work ... in other words - U can save Ur instaled games (on sd-card) but re-build ATM system + new sigPatches. Erase old sig-paths and it will work

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere still works with sig-patches if loaded via package3 and hekate. Or you can just use a modded fusee.bin such as this one that I compiled for the latest atmosphere which has ips kip patches support.
Thanks for making/sharing this. Is there a good way to track your work for future atmosphere releases?

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I load Atmosphere's package3 via Hekate's FSS0, do I still need atmosphere/exefs_patches/ and atmosphere/kip_patches/, or did you only include those for people who may want to boot from a modified fusee.bin?

If you use sys-patch you don't need modified fusee or any sigpatches whatsoever.

I had Sys-Patch and no sigpatches before and ran into the same problem.

Okay, but...

I was using sys-patch module with no sigpatches and using fusee.bin to boot and had this issue twice

Try sys-patch and using hekate fss0. I use that, no sigpatches at all, and have no issues. Had to delete the kippatches/nosigcheck line from the hekate_ipi.ini file though, or it throws an error because it can't find the sigpatches it's looking for.

Reactions: Blythe93

Stellar

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I appreciate everyone who's trying to help me with this but given that I have this problem with or without sigpatches, and with or without sys-patch, I'm pretty sure neither are the cause.

I'm sitting tight and waiting for the proper release of AMS, and I won't post about this particular problem in this thread anymore since it's off-topic.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate everyone who's trying to help me with this but given that I have this problem with or without sigpatches, and with or without sys-patch, I'm pretty sure neither are the cause.

I'm sitting tight and waiting for the proper release of AMS, and I won't post about this particular problem in this thread anymore since it's off-topic.

Okay. That's up to you. But if it was something related to Atmosphere, I would think it would be a more widespread issue. It was said it could be corrupted sd card or archive bits. I know you said you don't believe it's the sd card, but have you tried a different one to be positive? Or try the fix archive bits option in Hekate? Apologies if you already mentioned trying both options in a prior reply.

Stellar

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But if it was something related to Atmosphere, I would think it would be a more widespread issue.

It probably is widespread, but it's proved insignificant so far, and hard to reproduce, so most people won't really notice it.

I need you to understand that by and large, my Switch is fine and everything works. I'm obsessing over this crash because I never had any before updating to 18.0.1.

I got this crash after quickly exiting a game as it was booting for the first time (I was spamming opening and closing all my games to create entries in JKSV so I could import my saves on a fresh new emuNAND).

I then deliberately tried to reproduce the problem on the cleanest environment possible, so I completely reset my Switch, used a new card, made a new emuNAND from the freshly formatted sysNAND, and added nothing but AMS, JKSV, and some Zelda mods. No sigpatches, no sys-patch, no sys-clk, no emuiibo (all things I am used to having).

It took a few tries but I got the crash again. I don't think the Zelda mods are to blame even though I've not tried without them, but I actually made them myself and they're quite simple so I know they aren't creating a problem. If there *is* a problem related to LayeredFS on 18.0.1, it's clearly difficult to trigger and unrelated to what my mods are doing specifically.

TL;DR there's a chance AMS will panic on 18.0.1 when first launching a game before you already have a save file IF you immediately quit back to the home menu.

Most people aren't rapidly opening and closing their games like lunatics, I was just impatiently trying to get the games to appear in the JKSV menu, which requires letting them create the initial save.

It was said it could be corrupted sd card or archive bits. I know you said you don't believe it's the sd card, but have you tried a different one to be positive? Or try the fix archive bits option in Hekate?

I managed to trigger this crash across two different microSD cards: one was a 1TB Sandisk that never produced errors back in firmware 16.X.X, and the other is a BRAND new 512 Samsung. Both cards were formatted to FAT32, both cards tested with no damaged sectors and decent speeds.

Yes I tried the archive bit fix even though I knew it would do nothing, and it did nothing. By which I mean the message after running the option in Hekate was that nothing needed changing.

Apologies if you already mentioned trying both options in a prior reply.

You don't need to apologize, you're trying to help me, but yes I had already posted all this info before.

I left a bug report on github for SciresM to take a look at whenever he gets some free time. In the meantime I'm playing Zelda with mods and no crashes 👍

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm experiencing rare panic crashes on a clean emuNAND, made from a newly formatted sysNAND, on a fresh new card, and all I have installed is Atmosphere and sigpatches and nothing else.

I then deliberately tried to reproduce the problem on the cleanest environment possible, so I completely reset my Switch, used a new card, made a new emuNAND from the freshly formatted sysNAND, and added nothing but AMS, JKSV, and some Zelda mods. No sigpatches, no sys-patch, no sys-clk, no emuiibo (all things I am used to having).

I don't think the Zelda mods are to blame even though I've not tried without them

Which is it? Did you add nothing or did you add JKSV and some Zelda mods? Your information has been a bit conflicting at times. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just kinda having a hard time believing you've done everything you've said you tried and perhaps just saying "Yes, I tried that." but may not have.

I don't have JKSV or any mods for any games at all. I tried rapidly opening and closing games with no prior save file 25 times. No errors or crashes. Not saying it's not happening to you. Just that I cannot reproduce it myself.

Stellar

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
First of all I want you to know it's genuinely making me feel awful to continue talking about this in this thread when you guys have already helped me rule out sigpatches/sys-patch as the culprit.

Which is it?

JKSV is an NRO that's doing nothing until I lauch it so I neglected to consider it something as opposed to nothing. That's on me.

I've not had the crashes in the time periods when I've *not* had the Zelda mods, it's true, but they're literally just edits of some weapon files to add an indestructible property. I made them myself and know how unlikely it is that they would cause issues. And, crucially, I had those mods prior to all this testing in 16.X.X without ever crashing.

I'm just kinda having a hard time believing you've done everything you've said you tried and perhaps just saying "Yes, I tried that." but may not have.

: /

When I first ran into these things, my first instinct wasn't *posting* about it, it was looking up the error messages and doing what people were saying I should do, which yes, included ruling out the possibility of sd card failure.

I posted this 1TB bench on the 60FPS Cheats/OCing discord server while I was trying to figure out some things since people were very willing to help:

IMG_20240506_124611902.jpg

And I took this picture of myself running the archive bit fix again just now. Ignore retroarch please, I've only installed it last night, it has nothing to do with any of what happened:

IMG_20240512_105442983_HDR.jpg

Here are the two cards:

IMG_20240512_110450905_HDR.jpg

The one on the right had never been used before this happened. I bought it for my steam deck but I ended up grabbing another 1TB card instead. I don't want to run h2test or chkdsk on them again just to prove a point, so I hope you believe me but if you don't so be it.

I always use FAT32.

guily6669 from the aforementioned server (he posts here too) can at least attest to the time I spent on this, as I was chatting with him while going through the process of pointlessly formatting EVERYTHING (switch+cards) and creating a fresh emuNAND, twice.

I don't have JKSV or any mods for any games at all. I tried rapidly opening and closing games with no prior save file 25 times. No errors or crashes. Not saying it's not happening to you. Just that I cannot reproduce it myself.

Are you on a partition emuNAND and 18.0.1?

If so, then the only difference between your setup and mine is the mods I had on my card when it crashed, and potentially my /hosts/default.txt. I don't know if you use sys-patch or sigpatches, but given that I had it happen with either across both instances I doubt that's a factor.

Not saying it's not happening to you. Just that I cannot reproduce it myself.

Yes I also can't reliably reproduce it, I only posted the commonality between both instances of it happening.

I formatted the card and made yet another new emuNAND yesterday. My initial setup was just AMS+Hekate+Sigpatches from this thread (not sys-patch), no hosts file, no extra nros on /switch/ and no mods.

After running BOTW and TOTK for the first time, I tried adding my hosts file, JKSV and mods. Imported my saves and played a couple hours with no issue.

After that I placed switch-time in my sd card and ran the applet to sync my clock. I rebooted my switch and installed Retroarch and some roms.

No crashes yet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wish I could tell you why this happened in the first place. If it was the mods, then that's not an issue that existed prior to the latest OFW+AMS. And I'm still running mods now with no problems (yet). It might be my switch's card reader, but I doubt it since these crashes started when I updated my FW and CFW, and I had been using hekate's usb mount function rather than physically removing the card from its slot at that point.

I don't like that I keep taking yours and everyone else's time with this. Upsetting as it is to have people question if I really followed their advice, I still am grateful that you tried.

This is a sigpatches thread. I tried the provided sigpatches, they work. I tried sys-patch, it works. I've had people who clearly know a lot more than me tell me that whatever caused the problem isn't related to sigpatches. I believe them.

All that's left for me to do now is wait for SciresM to look at my bug report and hope he replies. There's no sense in me continuing to pollute this thread with my unrelated nonsense.

Thank you for everything.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
First of all I want you to know it's genuinely making me feel awful to continue talking about this in this thread when you guys have already helped me rule out sigpatches/sys-patch as the culprit.

JKSV is an NRO that's doing nothing until I lauch it so I neglected to consider it something as opposed to nothing. That's on me.

I've not had the crashes in the time periods when I've *not* had the Zelda mods, it's true, but they're literally just edits of some weapon files to add an indestructible property. I made them myself and know how unlikely it is that they would cause issues. And, crucially, I had those mods prior to all this testing in 16.X.X without ever crashing.

: /

When I first ran into these things, my first instinct wasn't *posting* about it, it was looking up the error messages and doing what people were saying I should do, which yes, included ruling out the possibility of sd card failure.

I posted this 1TB bench on the 60FPS Cheats/OCing discord server while I was trying to figure out some things since people were very willing to help:

View attachment 436710

And I took this picture of myself running the archive bit fix again just now. Ignore retroarch please, I've only installed it last night, it has nothing to do with any of what happened:

View attachment 436711

Here are the two cards:

View attachment 436712

The one on the right had never been used before this happened. I bought it for my steam deck but I ended up grabbing another 1TB card instead. I don't want to run h2test or chkdsk on them again just to prove a point, so I hope you believe me but if you don't so be it.

I always use FAT32.

guily6669 from the aforementioned server (he posts here too) can at least attest to the time I spent on this, as I was chatting with him while going through the process of pointlessly formatting EVERYTHING (switch+cards) and creating a fresh emuNAND, twice.

Are you on a partition emuNAND and 18.0.1?

If so, then the only difference between your setup and mine is the mods I had on my card when it crashed, and potentially my /hosts/default.txt. I don't know if you use sys-patch or sigpatches, but given that I had it happen with either across both instances I doubt that's a factor.

Yes I also can't reliably reproduce it, I only posted the commonality between both instances of it happening.

I formatted the card and made yet another new emuNAND yesterday. My initial setup was just AMS+Hekate+Sigpatches from this thread (not sys-patch), no hosts file, no extra nros on /switch/ and no mods.

After running BOTW and TOTK for the first time, I tried adding my hosts file, JKSV and mods. Imported my saves and played a couple hours with no issue.

After that I placed switch-time in my sd card and ran the applet to sync my clock. I rebooted my switch and installed Retroarch and some roms.

No crashes yet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wish I could tell you why this happened in the first place. If it was the mods, then that's not an issue that existed prior to the latest OFW+AMS. And I'm still running mods now with no problems (yet). It might be my switch's card reader, but I doubt it since these crashes started when I updated my FW and CFW, and I had been using hekate's usb mount function rather than physically removing the card from its slot at that point.

I don't like that I keep taking yours and everyone else's time with this. Upsetting as it is to have people question if I really followed their advice, I still am grateful that you tried.

This is a sigpatches thread. I tried the provided sigpatches, they work. I tried sys-patch, it works. I've had people who clearly know a lot more than me tell me that whatever caused the problem isn't related to sigpatches. I believe them.

All that's left for me to do now is wait for SciresM to look at my bug report and hope he replies. There's no sense in me continuing to pollute this thread with my unrelated nonsense.

Thank you for everything.
Don't feel bad, some of us also got back to 1.06.02 because the 1.07.00 prerelase have some random crashes while sleep and because my unit is a unpatched Erista V1 with autoRCM my console constantly get warmth on the dock and needing to be powerred off by holding the power button.

So, until definitively not needing the FW 18.0.X I will stay on 17.0.1 and Atmosphère 1.07.00. by the way latest sigpatches and sys-patch modules work just fine on these versions.

mvonbae

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello, im having issues with tinfoil and i think this might help me but i don't understand how to install sys-patches. ive been looking for hours and all ive find is outdated videos or pages that don't load (the github page doesn't load for me, not sure if it's what everyone is getting). if it's just my issue i wouldn't mind sharing my ig so that any of u could send me a screenshot/pic. any help is appreciated tysm

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
hello, im having issues with tinfoil and i think this might help me but i don't understand how to install sys-patches. ive been looking for hours and all ive find is outdated videos or pages that don't load (the github page doesn't load for me, not sure if it's what everyone is getting). if it's just my issue i wouldn't mind sharing my ig so that any of u could send me a screenshot/pic. any help is appreciated tysm
Never follow VIDEOS period.

if you want to use SYS-PATCH sysmodule go to the official thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sys-patch-sysmod-that-patches-on-boot.633517/post-10411499

mvonbae

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thank u, am i supposed to just put the file on the switch folder and run it on switch?
Post automatically merged:

so sorry for the bother again, i actually managed to work it out with the package linked previously!!

Last edited by mvonbae,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

OmarioH

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have the deepsea package installed, do i still have to install Sys-Patch or can i just put the "Hekate+AMS-package3-sigpatches-1.7.0p-cfw-18.0.1 " into the root of the sd card?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have the deepsea package installed, do i still have to install Sys-Patch or can i just put the "Hekate+AMS-package3-sigpatches-1.7.0p-cfw-18.0.1 " into the root of the sd card?
If you have the latest DeepSea version and you're loading Atmosphere's package3 via Hekate's FSS0 or using modified fusee.bin with ips kip patches restored, you'll need to add kip1patch=nosigchk line in their bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini under whichever CFW option you use.

However, if you plan on using sys-patch, all you'll need to do is copy the files to your SD card and reboot to payload afterwards. After that, games should work properly.

Having both sigpatches and sys-patch should cause no conflict, but it's recommended to stick to one or the other in order to reduce clutter on your SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Jared and his blood covered foot long