• Start date
  • Views 895
  • Replies 3

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
there aren't enough threads to warrant individual forums (while we are trying to improve navigability and keep the number of forums low)

however if you want to boost activity on these subjects feel free to create dedicated groups and do your best to get your groups to take off :) as a group owner you have complet control over the area - you're a moderator of the group

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
there aren't enough threads to warrant individual forums (while we are trying to improve navigability and keep the number of forums low)

however if you want to boost activity on these subjects feel free to create dedicated groups and do your best to get your groups to take off :) as a group owner you have complet control over the area - you're a moderator of the group
Suggestion: why not rename the GBA section to generically Gameboy and just encompass the whole Gameboy family? The section is already being partially used like that.

Either way, I'd like to note that some old consoles are getting a revamped interest since the pandemic hit. Gameboys have been the more obvious one with multiple YouTubers growing in popularity modding the handhelds with IPS screens and custom shells, but so is the Sega Saturn - after the Dreamcast with the ODE's that came to market in these last years - or the OG XBox with game prototype releases that came to surface and projects like the XOSVP. I do feel that a lot of discussion end up being caught in other places like Reddit or specialized forums and not here because there isn't a dedicated section to organize the conversation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They haslve dedicated on board chips that aren't tweaked like x64/x32 afaik
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    but its a custom os for both of them
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    designed for only specific hardware
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    so you have to learn to emulate that specific hardware which isn't as easy as you'd think
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a locked down Linux distro basically
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think the only custom hardware is to do with the SSD and a security chip
    Probably combined in one chip
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They place married security chips onto boards iirc
    Damn Frontier is offering 5Gbps now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly can't recommend any of the big 3 this years I'd say buy a rog ally z1 if we're being honest
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    Yeah the 360 dongles sucked
    But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works