Any advice for Spain trip for Father - son duo?

Shane_Hussy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’m looking for a summer adventure to Spain with my 8-year-old son. I have Parque Warner in mind.

For those seasoned travellers who went to Spain with kids, I’d love your input. What are the family-friendly hotspots in Barcelona or Madrid? Museums that captivate young minds, neighbourhoods that welcome wandering families, sights that can’t be missed—I'm all ears. Of course, we’re eager to check out the major attractions, but I’m on the hunt for those special places that will spark the imagination of a curious 8-year-old. Any recommendations?

TIA
Shane

decemberchild

latecomer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stayed in Barcelona for 2.5 months. The following was my favorite:

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/tour/montserrat-spain.html

Go to Montserrat. You can get there from Barcelona via train. The train ride goes through some beautiful county. Then take the tram to the top of the mountain (instead of the bus) to get beautiful views. Once there, Montserrat has a beautiful cathedral you can see. But it also has a museum. If I recall correctly, it even had mummies.

There's also hiking (I'd say moderate difficulty but clear paths). It's definitely worth getting up early, leaving from Barcelona and going to see. They have a hotel there but you can probably see everything and make it back to Barcelona by end of day. I was able to.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I’m looking for a summer adventure to Spain with my 8-year-old son. I have Parque Warner in mind.

For those seasoned travellers who went to Spain with kids, I’d love your input. What are the family-friendly hotspots in Barcelona or Madrid? Museums that captivate young minds, neighbourhoods that welcome wandering families, sights that can’t be missed—I'm all ears. Of course, we’re eager to check out the major attractions, but I’m on the hunt for those special places that will spark the imagination of a curious 8-year-old. Any recommendations?

TIA
Shane
Barcelona has lots to see. There's that famous architect (Gaudi) who built a lot of of stuff around there, including a park (Park Güell) which has a lot of them, and there's the huge church. I've been once, and it was one of my favorite vacations, I was older though, maybe sightseeing could get a bit boring to a young kid. We paid for a 2-day ticket on the sightseeing bus and went to all the interesting stops. It was around Christmas so there were lots of decorations along the main street, and an area with lots of street vendors.
I haven't been to Madrid, but it looks nice too, seems to have its fair share of unique architecture as well.
The food was great, probably just as good in Madrid too.

Reactions: Shane_Hussy

Shane_Hussy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I stayed in Barcelona for 2.5 months. The following was my favorite:

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/tour/montserrat-spain.html

Go to Montserrat. You can get there from Barcelona via train. The train ride goes through some beautiful county. Then take the tram to the top of the mountain (instead of the bus) to get beautiful views. Once there, Montserrat has a beautiful cathedral you can see. But it also has a museum. If I recall correctly, it even had mummies.

There's also hiking (I'd say moderate difficulty but clear paths). It's definitely worth getting up early, leaving from Barcelona and going to see. They have a hotel there but you can probably see everything and make it back to Barcelona by end of day. I was able to.
Montserrat sounds like a fantastic adventure, especially the tram ride and the museum with mummies! That’s sure to fascinate my son. We’ll plan to make it a day trip from Barcelona. Thanks for the Information.
Post automatically merged:

Barcelona has lots to see. There's that famous architect (Gaudi) who built a lot of of stuff around there, including a park (Park Güell) which has a lot of them, and there's the huge church. I've been once, and it was one of my favorite vacations, I was older though, maybe sightseeing could get a bit boring to a young kid. We paid for a 2-day ticket on the sightseeing bus and went to all the interesting stops. It was around Christmas so there were lots of decorations along the main street, and an area with lots of street vendors.
I haven't been to Madrid, but it looks nice too, seems to have its fair share of unique architecture as well.
The food was great, probably just as good in Madrid too.
Yes, Park Guell is on my list as well. He may get bored. That's why I need to visit one or two parks. :D

Shane_Hussy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I was checking Avatar's website that you've shared. There are two options, like a one-day ticket and a two-day 2 park ticket, in Aventura and Ferrai Land. Can we cover two on the same day?
Ferrari is like 1-2h at max, depending on queues, most of the time is inside Port Aventura. I suggest you to enter Ferrari first thing in the morning and then just go to the main park the rest of the day.

Reactions: Shane_Hussy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch