Are you a Gen Z'er? Try to guess what these items are.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
I know all of this stuff outside of the first four sadly. I did see them before, but I couldn't find the name of what they were. I know the first one is a casette tape, but it's an old version of it, ig?

4 is a bootleg gamebody that we've wanted form our family back then but we couldn't get a real one

5 is a Crazy Taxi themed Dreamcast,

6 is the dark, but also nostalgic arcade games that you see in underrated places that aren't round one (like an arcade section in a local laundromat or something like that)

7 is floppy disks; the old form of tarnsfering storage and stuff like that. Put em in the old PCs and some of them are even exclusive to games and such.

8 is your big flat screen tvs that you used to have in your house that are very expensive to own,

9 is the classic corded phone (can stll be featured in some hotels actually!)

and 10 is just hanging out with your friends back then when racism, politics and covid didn't exist.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Pen... the standard ordinance Ikea or Staedtler pencil is just too small...

With VHS it's thumbs (alternating) and chin to push the unlock button!
I just double checked and sure enough the pencils I have fit right in my cassettes, I guess the sizes may vary between brands and countries?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Millennials tend to get a bad rep for being a "horrible" gen, but Millennials got to experience the 90's and early 2000's while Gen Z'ers were born more or less with a phone/tablet in their hand. :(

See if you recognize these things and have fun.

betamax.jpg

TT600.JPG

1c8aa61d203854a86208357425a02992.jpg

100372_4_b.jpg

consol10.jpg

Arcade-games.jpg

floppy-disks-are-sort-of-still-a.jpg

crtphoto-1024x683.jpg

panasonic-kx-ts60-original-imadghu2tgxefw53.jpeg

spoiler]

1. Betamax video tape
  2. Turntable to play music
  3. VHS video tape player
  4. My loved GameBoy, common, who will not know this
  5. Dreamcast Crazy Taxi version
  6. My beloved arcades
  7. Foppy disk 3.5"
  8. A CRT television set
  9. Desktop Telephone
  10. Outside playing the best way to interaction with other humans!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sirloin sounds good tonight
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah it does
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    RIP Vimm's Lair (most of the games anyway), you will be missed

also i think this is a great time and reason to bring back a hashtag previously used about ubisoft
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    #stopkillinggames
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    #mailmesomesirloinsteak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mail you deeze nuts
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That be cheap, flat rate small envelope. Me- "Hey this envelope is empty, oh that makes since."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still fits in your mouth the same way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was looking at steaks other day at grocery, can't believe some cuts (angus) are like $25 a pound. Crazyness. Price of good fish is just as bad.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    when i go to college,what do you guys think i should major?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    inb4 computer science
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Fake Leg scratching 101
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    IT support you can act like your own farts smell like cherries that way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Odin 2s $300 lol no
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    The Mini is even more lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That RG cube is starting to look like the better value price creep option
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a handheld gaming system with a tablet sized screen, like a 8 or10" screen, with controllers that can detach like the Switch.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @BigOnYa i was legitimately trying to scratch my leg, this is reminding me of that cylinder post
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I don't see the buzz about a square screen personally. I think there will be a review on the site within a few weeks though if you are interested.
    +1
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I've put down the money on the Odin 2 Mini since I just love that Vita form factor. Loved the power of the Odin 2 but the size always put me off, this one seems exactly what I've been wanting.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't care about the square screen it's just nice to hold something you don't have to stretch your arms a foots length
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All these things expecting to be super huge is overrated just run a type c cable to your TV if you want a big display or in my case screen mirror it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the go tho I meant, I use my tablet and a Bluetooth controller for retro gaming while sitting on my porch or on long car rides sometimes.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: On the go tho I meant, I use my tablet and a Bluetooth controller for retro gaming while sitting...