Homebrew DS(i) NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't know if this really counts as a "noob" question but I didn't want to make a separate topic for it. I have a DSone I got from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.23.7d751802BejKCI and also recently just got an EZ flash paralell.

However, I'm starting to regret my purchase of the EZ-FP due to all the issues I've been hearing about it. However I've also heard the DSone I purchased also can have issues (DOA; which one of the two DSones I purchased seems to be) and the other one had a PSram error within a week of purchase. I installed YSmenu and that seems to be working out as of right now but I've heard the DSone carts' shells are not designed that well and it does feel like a bit of a tight fit in my DSI XL and DS Lite. And I've heard this can potentially cause contact damage in the DS itself, but I don't know how true that is.

I guess the point I'm trying to get at here is should I use my EZ flash or my DSone as my primary flashcart? I'm currently waiting on my R4DS pro I also ordered from Aliexpress to get here so maybe that will end up being better than my other two cards but egh..

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't seem to get the translation patch to work for Metal Max 2 Reloaded, keeps giving me the "xdelta3 file open failed: write: ----_patched.nds, cannot find the file specified" error message.
I've double checked the CRC32, MD5 and SHA-1 hashes on the romhacking hash page. They're all an exact match to the one I've got.

Also, I'm getting a blank screen whenever I try to play the eng translation of Chou Soujuu Mecha MG, the original ROM runs fine on my iEDGE so I dunno what's wrong with the patch.
Post automatically merged:

Anyone?

Last edited by dayjay,

NotMeths

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So learned about NDS Bootstrap has some glitches with running specific games

Would running these with a flashcard firmware reasonably solve those issues since it won't be running through NDS Bootstrap?
I personally encountered it on the Dragon Quest IV with the intro, I realize in the bigger picture it's just minor screentearing on the intro but I just want to know if also using a flashcart would give a somewhat improved experience?

Materia_tofu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So learned about NDS Bootstrap has some glitches with running specific games

Would running these with a flashcard firmware reasonably solve those issues since it won't be running through NDS Bootstrap?
I personally encountered it on the Dragon Quest IV with the intro, I realize in the bigger picture it's just minor screentearing on the intro but I just want to know if also using a flashcart would give a somewhat improved experience?
Yes and no. it more or less depends on what type of flashcart you aim to get as some might have worse issues
than NDS Bootstrap, as for which one is the best one to get? I'm not entirely sure as some might have a better answer than i,
however if I had to give a recommendation I'd suggest giving an AK2i a look, I've been using it preferably over NDS Bootstrap via TWLM++ and have had 0 issues so far for quite some time while using it on my N3DSXL.

Supercard DSTWO is i guess an option that's better than the AK2i, but I've been holding off on that myself as it's pretty damn
pricey.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: