Gaming Question about that kid that got a Wii from Ellen:

chaka_kahn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious to know what you all think about that blind kid who was given a Wii and Zelda as well as some other goodies WAY before launch. My question to you is... How many wierd Nintendo super-fans do you think have showed up at his house either to pay him enormous sums of money to buy it off him, or even to just play with it. Maybe some have conspired to rob him? Just interested in some answeres (fact or theory... im just a curious cat.)

For those of you who for some reason have no idea what i am talking about, here is a link to the segment on Ellen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uuzZpOHBXk

B

bleep

What kind of person gives a video gaming console to a blind kid?
wacko.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
my thoughts: why doesn't Nintendo release the Wii earlier?
obviously, both the Wii and Zelda: TP were finished when the kid got the Wii over a month ago...Nintendo also said they produced far more Wii consoles than they were expecting

this is off-topic, but: the Wii launch is only 1 month ahead now, why are there no Wii ads and commercials in America yet?
many people still don't know about the Wii, and a design like that requires needs LOTS of advertising, to make people, who haven't seen it before, want to buy it

dimsum411

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

asnka

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
you know they just gave the kid a old tv remote and told him it was a wii
and i bet the blind MK player isnt any good people just feel bad and tell him that he won...

Resident0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IGN: What about in Soulcalibur? Do you have a favorite character there?

Brice Mellen: Nightmare. The thing is, I don't see how he gets hurt so bad -- the dude's in full body armor but he still gets hurt normally.

HOW THE HELL DOES HE KNOW HE HAS FULL BODY ARMOR IF HES BLIND?!?

This reeks of fakeness or maybe the kid just can't see "that well".

Mehdi

Lemonade by Psyfira
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
he also said he likes final fantasy games... By god how does a blind guy play final fantasy games.. With my seeing eye I get lost even after reading all the crap they tell me.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Brice Mellen: Nightmare. The thing is, I don't see how he gets hurt so bad -- the dude's in full body armor but he still gets hurt normally.

My first thought is that he probably has someone describe the character to him so he can envision what Nightmare looks like. Then again, blind people playing video games is like a deaf person playing a guitar. It may seem impossible but it can be done.

BvG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, if Zelda is finished and that dude has it... why don't we have screenshots and movies galore yet? That dude could make his own site (well, with some help), put some footage on it and become more famous than he already is...

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
this is off-topic, but: the Wii launch is only 1 month ahead now, why are there no Wii ads and commercials in America yet?
many people still don't know about the Wii, and a design like that requires needs LOTS of advertising, to make people, who haven't seen it before, want to buy it

Toys r us is starting big with the Wii ads, I remember seeing one today somewhere. forgot where though.

also, he probably has someone else sitting next to him to know what he's playing. I bet he can do wonderful things on his own. But he can't do everytthing

leetdood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

My first thought is that he probably has someone describe the character to him so he can envision what Nightmare looks like. Then again, blind people playing video games is like a deaf person playing a guitar. It may seem impossible but it can be done.

A bit off-topic, but a deaf person playing a guitar? Why would it seem impossible?
unsure.gif

safariman72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey its possible, if not very probable. Maybe this is his dad :-

QUOTE said:
2005-09-10

A South African became the world's fastest blind driver Thursday after driving across a remote airstrip at 269 kph (167 mph).

"I'm very happy," said Wagner, whose drive in a borrowed Maserati V8 GranSport was monitored by motoring organization Motorsport SA and filmed for the Guinness Book of World Records.

The drive, on an airstrip near South Africa's border with Botswana, was aimed at increasing public awareness of problems facing blind people and raising money for a national charity for the blind.

The previous record, set by a blind British bank manager, was 233 kph (145 mph).

"I drove it with no insurance. No one wanted to give any to us," Wagner told national news agency SAPA.

Give him six points and fine him, no insurance indeed.
rofl2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1