[Question] How to rebuild NAND without any backup?

TheJez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey, recently my Wii U died (32GB black version), I tried to install a Mario Kart update in order to try Pretendo, during installation the bad memory message appeared, and it didn't boot anymore, I tried with UDPIH but it looks like my console crashes even before the Wii U logo as it does not send any video signal and on gamepad it shows Nintendo logo and then the error connecting with console.

I tried a lot of times, with different timings, but always after second CD Drive validation, it does not detect the console (running UDPIH from switch), so I cannot use UDPIH. I was thinking buying a NAND AID kit, but as I do not have any backup, nor the "otp.bin", I'm not sure if I'll be able to fix my console with that using the tutorial from here(How To: Upgrading / Rebuilding Wii U Internal Memory (MLC) | GBAtemp.net - The Independent Video Game Community).

So I just wanted to ask... if there anything left to do with my console? or should I buy a new one? if what kind of models do not have that NAND issue? I do not care about the data and saves.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: J-Will

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
did you check if the LED turns purple? Also try inserting the pico a little earlier and look for the LED.
If that also doesn't work, you can use the Pico for defuse, that will definitely work. You can then use MLC2SD to replace the eMMC.
Alternativly you could also install MLC2SD, use the big pads with a cardreader to dump the eMMC and then write it to a 32GB card and then try the card in the MLC2SD.

Reactions: J-Will

J-Will

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can get the MLC chip out of the Wii U and somehow read it on PC, you can unbrick it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMSPaHhmbI +1