Hacking Questions about modding my 2DS with CFW and if I can keep using Pokémon Home

PorkBunFun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a few questions concerning my 2DS and applications after installing CFW.

To be more specific, the main question I have is that I currently have an unmodded 2DS with Pokémon Home on it. If I was to mod my 2DS with CFW, would I still be able to use home as I can now or would the app be gone?

This may be a stupid question but it's one I want to ask nonetheless. I am only considering this as my cart for Pokémon Omega Ruby stopped working and I cannot afford to replace it so I was hoping to add a .cia version to my system and use that version for my Home collection.

Another question I have is that would I be able to still use my working Pokémon cartridges on the DS/3DS in Pokémon Bank with a CFW 2DS alongside the .cia version of Omega Ruby?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can still use home with a modded 3DS and even with CIA installed Pokemon games.
The CIA games will work alongside the carts but I do believe they will still use the same save file.

Reactions: PorkBunFun

PorkBunFun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't confuse pokemon home with pokemon bank.
Apologies, I've been flipping between the two for the last couple weeks as I fill up my national dex so the names have kinda just fused together in my head aha
Post automatically merged:

You can still use home with a modded 3DS and even with CIA installed Pokemon games.
The CIA games will work alongside the carts but I do believe they will still use the same save file.
So if I installed CFW onto my 2ds Pokémon Bank will still be there to use?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Apologies, I've been flipping between the two for the last couple weeks as I fill up my national dex so the names have kinda just fused together in my head aha
Post automatically merged:

So if I installed CFW onto my 2ds Pokémon Bank will still be there to use?
Yes and will work as if you didn’t hack your system

Reactions: PorkBunFun

QuarterOfTen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CFW you'd likely be installing (Luma) just adds some new features, workarounds and shortcuts to the OS, as well as allows custom apps/CIAs to be loaded. As long as you don't delete anything and follow the instructions properly (ie. don't brick your system), everything will look the same as stock with the exception of a few new apps. One of those new apps, Checkpoint, can import/export data from carts and installed titles, so theoretically you could back up your Omega Ruby save provided it's functional enough that Checkpoint can read it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean for 1st party routers iirc linksys use to support it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ahhhh that I have no idea
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    pretty cool though if so
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or from what ive heard ways to set custom imgs for 1st party routers so locked down now days
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    OPNsense VM and specs and specs of system it's running on. https://imgur.com/a/S9wgGUD
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I've turned more features on in OPNsense lately and it's getting kind of high on RAM usage, I see. Probably bump that up to 4GB soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wanna make a 8core router with support for 20gbps doesn't even sound that silly lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I only have 1 gig internet but internally I have 10 gig connectivity for everything on my lan lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    fiber connection from my desktop PC back to my core network switch
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    2 port HPE SFP+ PCIE NIC in my desktop and all of my servers
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    silly shit
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eventually this desktop is going to act as a server too, just for the hell of it. Because this PC is WAY fucking overkill for how little I use it.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And once I do that, my desktop OS that I interact with is just going to be a virtual machine and use GPU passthrough to connect everything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send it to me ffs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No because it's my desktop lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    The most use this PC is getting right now is 979 Chrome tabs open right now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is my desktop there are many like it but it is mine alone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Enabled PPPoE on router now no wifi connection lul
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Anyone knows