Homebrew [Release] Cave Story 3ds-ware Aeon Genesis Translation

KapuDaKoopa

That One Splatoon Dataminer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious, through my tests the CS+3DS' tsc files are encrypted/formatted differently, and every attempt of mine to load these tsc's into a currently existing tsc editor presents me with random characters, obviously showing that the tools aren't made for the 3DS version's tsc format. How did you manage to properly edit the 3DS version's tsc scripts?

1ted59

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious, through my tests the CS+3DS' tsc files are encrypted/formatted differently, and every attempt of mine to load these tsc's into a currently existing tsc editor presents me with random characters, obviously showing that the tools aren't made for the 3DS version's tsc format. How did you manage to properly edit the 3DS version's tsc scripts?

The files in Cave Story 3ds-ware are unencrypted, once you extract them from the romfs. You can edit them with any standard text editor. They are in TSC files, but are actually plain text rather than the version that requires a specific editor.

The files in Cave Story 3ds are actually the exact same, but with a file format of SJS instead of TSC. I had a fan translation mod working for CS3D but there were a few difficulties, mainly with the added areas and some changes to individual scripts. Plus I could never manage to change the title of Bushlands so I ended up scrapping it :(

KapuDaKoopa

That One Splatoon Dataminer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The files in Cave Story 3ds-ware are unencrypted, once you extract them from the romfs. You can edit them with any standard text editor. They are in TSC files, but are actually plain text rather than the version that requires a specific editor.

The files in Cave Story 3ds are actually the exact same, but with a file format of SJS instead of TSC. I had a fan translation mod working for CS3D but there were a few difficulties, mainly with the added areas and some changes to individual scripts. Plus I could never manage to change the title of Bushlands so I ended up scrapping it :(
oh my god I'm such an idiot I should have checked to see if they worked in a normal text editor lmao
thanks for responding though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A