Homebrew Homebrew app Scheduled auto-backup of saves

question

buzzman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Could you please tell me, in all the faqs it is written "it is highly recommended...always make timely backups of safes". I don't understand why they still haven't made some hb with automatic scheduled backups? For example, "once a day at night at 2:00 if the ninca is on charge do a backup of all safes that have been changed since the last backup".

Maybe there is something like this and the same JSKV already knows how to do it?

It makes so much sense...

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The easiest way to handle this would be if someone made a sys module that you can use to easily dump your last played games save from Tesla and than use a program like sync thing that watches your switch’s SD card over FTP with an FTP sys plugin

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i don't think there is any homebrew/software based on scheduling

but the concept would be awesome!
like this:
dump all or selected saves once per day into a (optional: new and timestamped) directory

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah a sysmodule could trigger something on a schedule, but it would have to have some flexibility (after this time rather than at this specific time etc), because it wouldn't be able to activate if the Switch was in sleep mode.

buzzman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Yeah a sysmodule could trigger something on a schedule, but it would have to have some flexibility (after this time rather than at this specific time etc), because it wouldn't be able to activate if the Switch was in sleep mode.
For example, sys-screenuploader, which runs in the background. As soon as I take a screenshot or video, screenuploader automatically uploads them to the Cloud. This is very convenient.

It would be cool to have a similar functionality where right during the game, like once an hour or once every 3 hours, a mod in the background would update the Cloud with a backup of saves if something new came up on Nintendo Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    +1
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The big leap in all things tech is when carbon based chips start hitting.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Longer battery life cooler temps and faster! What's not to like lol (probably expensive as hell)
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [checks my dildo(s) batteries, coolant and lube] :O [promptly replaces them] :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [checks my batteries, coolant and lube] :O [promptly replaces them] :D