Homebrew WIP Status Monitor Overlay - Tesla Overlay to monitor your hardware

captansam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there anyway to change the buttons to go back to the Tesla Menu when using the Status Monitor Overlay? ie. use the FPS counter & to go back to the Tesla Menu & configure/change it you have to push both joysticks (Left (SL) + right (SR) in at the same time. Can we change the SL +SR combo to something else?

Also wondering if its possible to use the features in status monitor overlay like overclock or FPS counter in other emulators like Retroarch?

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For some reason my Switch locks up when invoking Status-Monitor-Overlay. Sometimes it works a little but then my Switch locks up.

I'm using Status Monitor 1.0.3a, Ultrahand 1.5.8, HOS 18.0.1, AMS 1.7.0 and latest nx-ovlloader, SaltyNX, FPSLocker, sys-clk-oc8_0512 and OC Switchcraft 1.2.4. Is it supposed to work with the stuff I'm running?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
For some reason my Switch locks up when invoking Status-Monitor-Overlay. Sometimes it works a little but then my Switch locks up.

I'm using Status Monitor 1.0.3a, Ultrahand 1.5.8, HOS 18.0.1, AMS 1.7.0 and latest nx-ovlloader, SaltyNX, FPSLocker, sys-clk-oc8_0512 and OC Switchcraft 1.2.4. Is it supposed to work with the stuff I'm running?
Does this happen with Wi-fi turned off?

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Then check if this happens with wifi turned off.
It worked for a while, but when triggering the overlay off it caused a crash again. I think it could be related to the fact (?) that both Ultrahand and Status Monitor Overlay use L + Down + Right Joystick Click to trigger.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If it's happening when trying to close overlay, it may be because you have too much sysmodules installed. When going back to main menu is when it takes the most RAM. Try to delete some sysmodules and restart system.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I managed to fix it by changing the key combo in the config file to key_combo=LSTICK+RSTICK. Before I wasn't using a config file at all. Thanks for your help, still!

/edit: question about the possible things to show on the overlay. In a video I saw someone display PWR draw and battery info in the Micro display. The readme doesn't list this as options for the config files. How did he/she do that?
/edit2: It is hanai3Bi's fork.

Last edited by jelbo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    #mailmesomesirloinsteak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mail you deeze nuts
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That be cheap, flat rate small envelope. Me- "Hey this envelope is empty, oh that makes since."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still fits in your mouth the same way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was looking at steaks other day at grocery, can't believe some cuts (angus) are like $25 a pound. Crazyness. Price of good fish is just as bad.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    when i go to college,what do you guys think i should major?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    inb4 computer science
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Fake Leg scratching 101
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    IT support you can act like your own farts smell like cherries that way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Odin 2s $300 lol no
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    The Mini is even more lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That RG cube is starting to look like the better value price creep option
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a handheld gaming system with a tablet sized screen, like a 8 or10" screen, with controllers that can detach like the Switch.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @BigOnYa i was legitimately trying to scratch my leg, this is reminding me of that cylinder post
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I don't see the buzz about a square screen personally. I think there will be a review on the site within a few weeks though if you are interested.
    +1
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I've put down the money on the Odin 2 Mini since I just love that Vita form factor. Loved the power of the Odin 2 but the size always put me off, this one seems exactly what I've been wanting.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't care about the square screen it's just nice to hold something you don't have to stretch your arms a foots length
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All these things expecting to be super huge is overrated just run a type c cable to your TV if you want a big display or in my case screen mirror it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the go tho I meant, I use my 10" tablet and a Bluetooth controller for retro gaming while sitting on my porch or on long car rides sometimes. Easier on my eyes than the Switch screen.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My point is we already have enough shit with big displays having something pocketable with up to ps2 would be fine on the go
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken unless the games are made for that screen size most suck on a screen that size... Having a square screen and being brighter and higher res helps but it's not a cure all, text is tiny bullets are tiny, your.... Well lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can stretch to fit probably it's not all bad that they make it seem to be
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People always yap about oh but you loose pixels but yeah it won't look awful either
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like filters :P
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I like filters :P