Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

JALEELRY1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would need to hack your console and run homebrew in order to replace save files. The "saves" that you see on your SD card are not actually save data. Save data is stored internally within the Switch and cannot be accessed under normal means.
How do you update sigpatches? Im new?
Post automatically merged:

You would need to hack your console and run homebrew in order to replace save files. The "saves" that you see on your SD card are not actually save data. Save data is stored internally within the Switch and cannot be accessed under normal means.
Draxzelex would you please see my post and comment a solution still running into issues. Maybe I’m updating sigpatches wrong?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
How do you update sigpatches? Im new?
You've already got your answer here. Note that your custom bootloader/hekate_ipl.bin will get overwritten as well, in case you have one that you set up by yourself with some custom boot entries so keep that in mind and back it up just in case you need it later.

Note that Atmosphere 1.7.0 no longer supports ips kip patches (check the release notes here) which are usually used for piracy reasons. Therefore you can:
1) Load Atmosphere's package3 via Hekate's FSS0 - You'll need to reboot to Hekate, go to Launch and select emuNAND CFW or sysNAND CFW (depending on which one you use). If you've downloaded the sigpatches from here. your bootloader/hekate_ipl.bin will already have everything you need to have configured.
2) Use sys-patch instead of sigpatches.
3) Use modified Atmosphere's fusee.bin payload with ips kip patches support.

Having both sigpatches and sys-patch at the same time should cause no conflict at all, but it's recommended to stick to one that works for you in order to reduce the clutter on your SD card since they are doing the same thing.

JALEELRY1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I need to do this with my sd card in the computer and then rcm jig with your steps? To update sigpatches I use usb file transfer from album, android file transfer then drag and drop from the linked atmosphere and bootload files but I’m still getting error for installing and playing the game with DBI MTP Transfer? Should I just redo this tutorial from Kristopher (Fuse .bin error or mod) with the steps you gave instead? See my own profile post, Im super new and am trying to understand. I know you're simplifying the directions a lot and I’m still confused?
Also using mac os.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I need to do this with my sd card in the computer and then rcm jig with your steps? To update sigpatches I use usb file transfer from album, android file transfer then drag and drop from the linked atmosphere and bootload files but I’m still getting error for installing and playing the game with DBI MTP Transfer? Should I just redo this tutorial from Kristopher (Fuse .bin error or mod) with the steps you gave instead? See my own profile post, Im super new and am trying to understand. I know you're simplifying the directions a lot and I’m still confused?
Also using mac os.

If the switch is off and not in autoRCM then you need a jig everytime you push a payload from a hard boot.

steamcheapcom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch has never handled updates the way I feel like it should and I would really like to get to the bottom of it.

1. I use 90DNS but frequently get "Ready to start system update" when launching a game. I keep deleting it through Goldleaf and it keeps coming back. If I put the system in Airplane Mode this stops. I can use Airplane Mode all the time but ideally I would like to be able to use the network and not have the system downloading these updates. Isn't 90DNS supposed to prevent this? What can I do to prevent this without using Airplane Mode, since 90DNS apparently does not prevent this?
2. When I install a game I frequently get "A new update is available. It will be downloaded now", even in Airplane Mode. I don't understand how it knows the new update is available. Is it safe for me to download this update (I assume I would have to disable Airplane mode, which I assume will then download a system update)? How do I stop this message from appearing when I install a game?

Thank you for any tips.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch has never handled updates the way I feel like it should and I would really like to get to the bottom of it.

1. I use 90DNS but frequently get "Ready to start system update" when launching a game. I keep deleting it through Goldleaf and it keeps coming back. If I put the system in Airplane Mode this stops. I can use Airplane Mode all the time but ideally I would like to be able to use the network and not have the system downloading these updates. Isn't 90DNS supposed to prevent this? What can I do to prevent this without using Airplane Mode, since 90DNS apparently does not prevent this?
2. When I install a game I frequently get "A new update is available. It will be downloaded now", even in Airplane Mode. I don't understand how it knows the new update is available. Is it safe for me to download this update (I assume I would have to disable Airplane mode, which I assume will then download a system update)? How do I stop this message from appearing when I install a game?

Thank you for any tips.

It means your switch isn't blocking server communication correctly, I recommend you to set up dnsmitm.

https://rentry.co/dnsmitm

Reactions: BigOnYa

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Lavaimp

☆ミ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
idk if this is the right place to post but
does anyone know what the hell happend to flexlion for splatoon 3? The server is p much destroyed and the main page isn't allowing posts anymore. I just wanted to ask a question regarding the ink color changer and if there was a way to finetune it but it seems everything is just abandoned without even sharing a reason.

FOhtieN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I've found this post too. The thing is some people say it's possible, some say it's not. It doesn't help that I can't find a single video of a switch lite using ReverseNX let alone docked mode on it as opposed to quite a few of them showcasing docked mode in handheld on the other models.

I am planning on buying a switch soon and I want to be sure that the Lite is capable of docked mode because i'd prefer getting the smaller Lite over the other models as I am planning on playing exclusively handheld. If it isn't possible on it then I am just gonna go with a v2.

I had hoped that someone here would have tried it on their own Lite and would be able to confirm.
So in case anyone else has the same question as me in the future here is the answer: I just got my Switch lite yesterday and "docked" mode of ReverseNX works like a charm.
I am very happy with my purchase, especially since it seems I struck gold in regards to display quality since the colors look absolutely amazing out of the box, like way better than even compared to the displays of people I know that own v2 and v1's.
But yeah, docked works just fine on the Lite.

vSpectreAU

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, is it an issue if OFW game downloads to SD card? Should I set it to download to NAND system memory?
We don't want the two partitions to mix right
Plus if I run a game on sd card on ofw, won't that be a possible ban risk as sd card also has emunand content
What's the point of the internal memory then if we just download both ssynand and emunand games to SD card? Is it just extra storage for OFW games only?
Assuming putting emunand content on NAND would be problematic?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi, is it an issue if OFW game downloads to SD card? Should I set it to download to NAND system memory?
As far as I know, it's not. Nintendo folder for the OFW's SD card partition should be different than emulated Nintendo folder fro the emuNAND's SD partition i.e. their paths should be different, unless you set the emuNAND's path the same as the OFW's.

We don't want the two partitions to mix right
Indeed. By default, you don't want to mix them. That's why some of the guides tell you to copy your Nintendo folder to somewhere in the emuMMC folder.

Plus if I run a game on sd card on ofw, won't that be a possible ban risk as sd card also has emunand content
They should be different by default, so emuNAND's SD stuff shouldn't appear on your OFW's SD partition. My OFW's Nintendo folder is on the root of the SD card, while emuNAND's Nintendo folder is somewhere in the emuMMC folder.

What's the point of the internal memory then if we just download both ssynand and emunand games to SD card? Is it just extra storage for OFW games only?
Yep, pretty much, if you want to be on a safe side and avoid getting your console banned.

Assuming putting emunand content on NAND would be problematic?
emuNAND's NAND content is still on SD card i.e. on the emulated NAND partition. Therefore it shouldn't be a problem to put games on your emuNAND's NAND partition since it's actually on your SD card, not an actual Switch's internal NAND.

xdSolar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just getting back into my Switch again after about a year, and I just want to update my SYSNAND. I do not use my EMUNAND at all on this switch; I only use the SYSNAND to play smash bros with skin mods on. I'm running hekate v6.1.1 and my SYSNAND version is 18.0.0 / AMS 1.7.0

I've downloaded the latest firmware and version of atmosphere, replaced the files and updated to 18.0.0 via daybreak but
when trying to open a game or the shop I get a pop up telling me that 'A system update is required before you can proceed.'
I went back into daybreak and tried to update the SYSNAND again but it just keeps giving me the same message.

The way I use to update was getting the hats from GitHub and the latest firmware, replacing necessary files, updating via daybreak, and then all would be fine. Id be able to play my games and play online. Now that the GitHub page for the hats is no longer available I've just found update files on YouTube.

Q. How and where do I find the necessary files to properly update my SYSNAND/CFW and why does my switch keep telling me to update my system even though I just updated it through daybreak?

Do I always need to update via daybreak for SYSNAND if all I'm using are safe smash mods? Would updating my system via settings on either OFW or SYSNAND brick my console or cause unwanted problems?

Last edited by xdSolar,

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm just getting back into my Switch again after about a year, and I just want to update my SYSNAND. I do not use my EMUNAND at all on this switch; I only use the SYSNAND to play smash bros with skin mods on. I'm running hekate v6.1.1 and my SYSNAND version is 18.0.0 / AMS 1.7.0

I've downloaded the latest firmware and version of atmosphere, replaced the files and updated to 18.0.0 via daybreak but
when trying to open a game or the shop I get a pop up telling me that 'A system update is required before you can proceed.'
I went back into daybreak and tried to update the SYSNAND again but it just keeps giving me the same message.

The way I use to update was getting the hats from GitHub and the latest firmware, replacing necessary files, updating via daybreak, and then all would be fine. Id be able to play my games and play online. Now that the GitHub page for the hats is no longer available I've just found update files on YouTube.

Q. How and where do I find the necessary files to properly update my SYSNAND/CFW and why does my switch keep telling me to update my system even though I just updated it through daybreak?

Do I always need to update via daybreak for SYSNAND if all I'm using are safe smash mods? Would updating my system via settings on either OFW or SYSNAND brick my console or cause unwanted problems?

If I were you, I would just update normally through the settings - ie official method. After all, you are already doing everything on sysnand even going online with it. More importantly, you don't indulge in piracy either which makes your risk profile much lower (and probably why you haven't been banned till now). Makes no sense to continue with the more cautious route (which is mainly for those who use emunand and especially for piracy) when you have already exposed yourself wide open. Just like atmosphere's creator does everything on sysnand, he also updates the normal way I believe.

I too do everything on sysnand and even go online with it, have nothing piracy related either. I only have hekate for the purpose of checking my battery stats every now and then, but otherwise I just boot through the fusee payload that comes with atmosphere and update everything normally through OFW. I have been doing this for like 5 years without any issues.

Last edited by Lumpofcoal,
Reactions: xdSolar

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Firmware files can be downloaded from a certain site and a certain github page we aren't allowed to link to because they contain copyrighted material. However, quick Google search is all it takes to find those two sources. Firmware 18.0.1 is currently the latest one so that might be a reason why you're getting that update nag.

Since I'm using emuNAND for all my CFW needs while keeping my sysNAND as clean as possible, I can't say for sure whether it's safe or not to update via official means. Daybreak appearently updates the Switch firmware in way that is similar to the official one from what I've gathered so, if you've used your mods so far, updated via Daybreak and didn't get banned yet, then it's probably safe.

Reactions: xdSolar

1776WillCommenceAgain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone point me to the most up to date Nintendo Switch v1 modding tutorial? I'm talking about 18.0.1. I want to get on Atmostphere custom firmware. My v1 Switch is currently on 18.0.1 right now. I ended up buying a second Switch to use as my normal online play console, and I'll be modding my old v1. I already deleted my user profile on the old one. I don't want it having any association to my legitimate Nintendo account cause I don't want to get banned. But yeah, I wanted to wait for Ninty to release a more powerful revision before I modded my v1 but it looks like that won't happen so.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone point me to the most up to date Nintendo Switch v1 modding tutorial? I'm talking about 18.0.1. I want to get on Atmostphere custom firmware. My v1 Switch is currently on 18.0.1 right now. I ended up buying a second Switch to use as my normal online play console, and I'll be modding my old v1. I already deleted my user profile on the old one. I don't want it having any association to my legitimate Nintendo account cause I don't want to get banned. But yeah, I wanted to wait for Ninty to release a more powerful revision before I modded my v1 but it looks like that won't happen so.

You got V1 unpatch or patched?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sweet, my Xbox is not a ps