Hardware A weird Switch demo unit

flacovergara

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi i need your help please i have a demo nintendo switch that got updated by error to v16.01 and i need to know how to unlock it to use it on my behave

Whatever info on this topic it would help! tya

xXMiryokuXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A quest cartridge will also restore these kiosk units back to factory without having to mod.
Hello, What is this cartridge and where do you find them ? Personally had to mod mine to make it work normally. But it would be nice to be able to use the SysNand :) so please could you tell us more ?
Post automatically merged:

Hi i need your help please i have a demo nintendo switch that got updated by error to v16.01 and i need to know how to unlock it to use it on my behave

Whatever info on this topic it would help! tya
If you contact me I can show you a discord that might help with your problem.

rookiesearcher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, it's been 4 years,
PM me, I'll help you getting them working :)
but I am in a similar boat. Could you help me out?

Could you share steps?
Hello, What is this cartridge and where do you find them ? Personally had to mod mine to make it work normally. But it would be nice to be able to use the SysNand :) so please could you tell us more ?

If you contact me I can show you a discord that might help with your problem.

w350922439

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hello guys, thx for the method of ZachyCatGames.
This is 1.7.0 atm use on 18.0.0 fw.
Have fun~

Attachments

• 1.7.0 fss0+fusse demo only.rar
    4.4 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: hippy dave

Hess90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Came here to say thanks @ZachyCatGames, I got an Oled Switch up and running. I got the switch from offerup, I am certain it was store demo unit. I installed a rp2040 mod chip and modified version of Atmosphere software on the SD card.

renkonen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to stop by and say that this thread is a godsend. I ended up obtaining a v1 kiosk switch that had the "Could not load software" error message and installed a picofly modchip. That was...treacherous to say the least. Using the Atmosphere fork from @ZachyCatGames I was able to get my Switch to function normally, and now I can do even more fun things with it! I really appreciate all the help and the extra push to get me into modding switches. This was great fun and a great exercise!

Reactions: splaca

ROCKSHROOM90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh. If you ever want to turn it back into a kiosk unit, let me know, I’ve got copies of a bunch of the kiosk stuff with common tickets that can be installed and ran without sigpatches :P

I’ve got a link that I’m occasionally updating with new builds that have the change, if you want I DM you the link.
As for building AMS yourself, were you using libnx master? AMS almost always depends on changes that aren’t yet in a libnx release. Or building may have just been completely broken at the time (it’s definitely not an uncommon occurrence lol).

I’d be surprised if he added anything /shrug
Hello. Sorry im replying in a later year but I was wondering if you could help me disable the fuse on my retail switch. im asking because I had recently found the file for RIDM and when I try and run it my switch says "Unable to start software. Return to the HOME Menu and try again." im assuming the fuse is whats causing the error. I've been looking through so many old threads and I couldn't find a way to disable the fuse.

Attachments

• App.png
    App.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 1
  • error.png
    error.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 1

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. Sorry im replying in a later year but I was wondering if you could help me disable the fuse on my retail switch. im asking because I had recently found the file for RIDM and when I try and run it my switch says "Unable to start software. Return to the HOME Menu and try again." im assuming the fuse is whats causing the error. I've been looking through so many old threads and I couldn't find a way to disable the fuse.
I found the commit for you that force disables demo mode, so you'd need to return the opposite result

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/compare/master...ZachyCatGames:Atmosphere:disable_quest

ROCKSHROOM90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the commit for you that force disables demo mode, so you'd need to return the opposite result

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/compare/master...ZachyCatGames:Atmosphere:disable_quest
I'll try to work with this. Im not a expert at this stuff so ill try my best

Ok yeah I have no idea what I'm doing. Though I did find fuse_api.cpp and enabled the RIDM on one of the lines I don't know where to put it

Last edited by ROCKSHROOM90,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8